Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- 4 (20%)
Cowboy Bebop
- 10 (50%)
Inuyasha
- 2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Toonami Thread Rises From The Deep  (Read 15067 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Toonami Is Back; Thread Now With An Actual Poll!
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2012, 04:47:03 pm »

I will admit last night's Casshern Sins had the most bizzare sex analogue I've ever seen. Not even, like, subtle about it.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2012, 11:04:50 pm »

Toonami's just starting. Still bleach. I remembered this time.

Ikakku's sword spirit thing is chill as hell and I approve greatly.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2012, 11:27:52 pm »

Hate to triple post, but I know a lot of people in thread like it, Deadman wonderland is up.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2012, 02:04:04 am »

I can't stand Bleach. Just having the TV on, I've noticed they're so desperate for filler that they have to find a chicken thief! Oooooooh!

Fell asleep before Deadman and Casshern, waiting for dumb Bleach to end to catch the second run.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2012, 02:08:05 am »

Bleach was okay for the first 25 episodes or so. Then it got boring and repetitive. So repetitive.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2012, 06:01:26 pm »

I've always been of the opinion that if you're watching shonen for the plot you're doin it wrong to begin with, but yeah some of the filler can be really bad.

I approve of any show that has a tiny robot with a giant cannon in it however.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Toonami Is Back; Poll Renewal Complete
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2012, 02:03:47 am »

MetalSlimeHunt stumbles into the thread carrying wires and monitors abound.

OKAY, OKAY, I'M BACK AFTER MONTHS OF NOT HAVING A TV

MetalSlimeHunt attaches wires to the thread.

Live, damn you! LIIIIIVVVEEEEEEEEE-

MetalSlimeHunt updates the OP and PULLS THE LEVER.

Lightning strikes the thread!
The thread rises from the cold ground...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2012, 04:25:48 am »

What exactly is going on in Eureka Seven? I missed a few episodes after that black LFO showed up and I've been completely lost ever since.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2012, 06:32:33 pm »

Man, you all sure are loyal to Cowboy Bebop. We'll never get a good polling assessment of the other shows at this rate.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2013, 03:02:12 am »

Man, you all sure are loyal to Cowboy Bebop. We'll never get a good polling assessment of the other shows at this rate.
I actually have only watched a few random episodes of Cowboy Bebop. I voted for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood since it is the only show on Toonami that I can genuinely say I like. The others I either am neutral towards or in the case of Naruto and Inuyasha genuinely dislike. All I have ever liked on the Adult Swim anime block, even before it was called Toonami, was Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and FLCL.

I could probably get into Cowboy Bebop however if I could watch the whole anime from start to finish. However I don't see that happening any time soon without somehow purchasing the whole damn thing. Ah well, it is just one of those I will not pirate.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2013, 03:04:47 am »

I saw something interesting on the Toonami commercial. I missed it before, but I saw a frame of what I know was Neon Genesis Evangelion. A few episodes aired on old Toonami once, obviously heavily censored, but now....
No Gods, No Masters.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2013, 03:09:36 am »

I saw something interesting on the Toonami commercial. I missed it before, but I saw a frame of what I know was Neon Genesis Evangelion. A few episodes aired on old Toonami once, obviously heavily censored, but now....
I tried to get into Neon Genesis Evangelion but found difficulties doing so after having read an episode guide in a now-defunct anime magazine. Also they caught a lot of flak for airing that anime on the old Toonami, and I do believe that may have had something to do with it getting canceled. I'm probably wrong, but I remember reading something like that in the afformentioned now-defunct anime magazine.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2013, 01:49:28 pm »

As I recall, there was also a network in Latin America that aired NGE, uncensored, in a morning cartoon slot. Briefly.

That said, it's worth a watch, though the last two episodes aren't really required viewing if you can't tolerate long periods of depression-induced hallucinations and general wankery. If you ever do get that far, End of Evangelion is practically required if only to give you some sort of closure. And, y'know, an ending.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2013, 05:25:39 pm »

I didn't read the last ten pages, decided to vote for Cowboy Bebop and was unsurprised it was the top choice. Back when Toonami was actually around the best shows on there were Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star [strangely, two slightly similar premises!]. Then there was Gundam Wing, all of my nerd came out for that one.

But Cowboy Bebop is very definitely the best of Animes, ever, period.

Also this was the period when Lupin the 3rd would come on afterwards on AS. No need to mention how awesome that is.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:32:11 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 04, 2013, 05:29:35 pm »

Which is probably why CN almost never stopped showing it somewhere for years and years, despite there being only 26 episodes.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10