Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Let's play Jagged Alliance 2! (1.13 B: 4870) More bullets, more town?  (Read 14403 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Read this (click to show/hide)
It's always the stranger missions people remember you for.

Metavira Island. 1998. Nuclear experiments done on the island in the 40s were found to have an unexpected effect on the local flora. The trees started mutating into what's now known as a fallow tree. The sap of these trees was discovered by a team of scientists lead by Jack and Brenda Richards to be a near wonder drug. The advances being made in the name of medical science were simply unprecedented in nearly all of human history before.

Of course, philantrophy always goes to the wayside as soon as someone else sees a place to turn a profit. Enter Lucas Santiago, Jacks assistant and one of the meanest most vicious sons of bitches you could ever know. In the span of a few days, he burnt Jacks research to the ground, gunned down several of his workers, and looked to be ready to take out Jack and Brenda themselves.

This is where I came in. Jack had contacted me, why? Ill never be sure. He found me and invited me. In a few short days and with some connections to the newly formed AIM organization, the island was retaken peice by bloody peice, and at the final moment, when Santiago threatened to take the years of work down with him in a last spiteful act of revenge, I had the pleasure of putting a bullet in his skull. No more fighting, no more of this senseless violence, no more Santiago. All the same, some friends and connections had been made, and I supposed I gained a reputation.

2005, seven years later. Someone called me up on that reputation.

I was in Prauge when I got an Email from one Enrico Chivaldori, I'm no idiot. I've been watching the news. I know this man is supposed to be dead. But I respond back to him. Faking ones death isn't unheard of in troubled times. He agrees to meet with me a few days later at the Charles Bridge.

I go to the meeting, to my surpise he seems to be the real thing. Enrico Chivaldori. The former King of Arulco, jailed for killing his father with poison and then firebombed by an angry mob. Yet the man stands before me and hands over my payment just as promised. Five million in untraced smuggled diamonds. Enough to spend another few years with my remaining savings comfortably, just like after Metavira.

It's time for a short history lesson, before the meeting I'd contacted RIS to do some backround on  this man and his homeland. In short, Arulco used to be quite the place. A former spanish colony until 1908, untouched and neutral through the conflicts that would engulf the world for nearly four decades later.

Though small, Alruco was a prosperous agricultural nation, rich in natural resources and in bright and skilled people. While there were only 9 larger settlements,things were good and prosperous for the people, their king was elected rather than born in to prove their legitimacy to the throne, and the Chivaldori and Cordona familys often in power were fair and just.

This changed in 1998, after the close election that proved Enrico Chivaldoris legitimacy, his father the former king was found dead. Poisoned. Evidence lead to Enrico Chivaldori being the assassin, and after a quick trial that was to end in his execution, his wife, Deidranna Reitmann was given rule of Arulco as her right.

In a few short years, Deidranna turned Arulco into her sick playground. Farming and agriculture was violently discouraged, the farmers were pressed into the mines and treated like slaves. Education and even medicine were given no importance in her new regime, the most brutal example reaching it's head when the public school in Cambria was bombed. All aspects of government and law were restructured to put Deidranna and her elite, her friends and strongmen to be placed at the top. Crushing the rest of the tiny country under their collective heel.

Enrico Chivaldori wanted me to put a stop to this. Go in, knock the bitch's regime on it's ass and take no one in a Arulcain military uniform prisoner. Nice job I thought to myself. Me, some more hired guns and whoever wants to resist this wannabe dictator against an army.

This will be either one hell of a fight, or one hell of a way to go out. I'm fine with either at this point.

There were two other hired guns I knew would work with me, both fought with me on Metavira so I knew they'd jump at any chance to get back into the fight. One was known to me as Deadeye, simple name, but that's the kind of person she was. To the point, consise. She lost her rifle on Metavira during a mortar attack but her aim was just as good as always. The other was known to me as Shadowdump. I never asked what was with the name, never wanted to KNOW what was with the name. But his skill with anything that explodes was second to almost no one else I saw on Metavira.

This still left us with only three troopers against an army, this meant I needed to look around for more help. The landing might be rough, the only point of entry my pilot sees as possible is the western half of Omerta, there's a window in three days where the closest surface to air missile site will be unable to fire on that location, that's when we make our move. The landing may be rough, military activity has increased in Omerta the days following Enricos contact with me. I suspect a military operation in the area may be coming soon so our window is closing, and fast.

And that's why I need help. Three men, no matter how skilled can retake an entire country. We need a foothold, and for that Ill need at least Two more men, no more than Three. The pilot can't transport more than six men into Arulco in the time and speed we need to arrive. Basic equipment and a $3000 down payment will be provided. Anything, and I mean anything within reason when we hit the ground goes. And I will not take anything you find on the battlefields and citys we encounter, anything you get your grubby mitts on is yours. Finally anyone sticking to the end will get a share of the payment Enrico has given me.

A capacity for violence is helpful, medical training is very much currently in need as well. So I ask anyone reciving this message, contact me, and quickly. Arulco isn't going to wait for this chance again, and neither will I.

- First Sergeant Kaylin "Hatchet" Simmons
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:16:17 pm by Janet »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Currently. we have one two male mercs available.

Spoiler: Info on creating mercs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Possible waiting list (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current equipment (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:52:55 pm by Janet »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile

Name: Anja Galena "Silver"
Role: Doctor/Suppression fire.
Basic Personality: Easily excitable. Enjoys finding new, better (And louder!) guns.

Auto Weapons and Paramedic, Athletic.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Alright then Burnt Pies, you've been added to the lineup and we'll wait and see if two more join or not. If not this is acceptable to get started.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

Count me in!

Travis Koch (Traveller)
Role: Sniper
Personality: Anxiously patient.  Willing to hole up in a spot as long as he's sure it will get him some action.  Relies on any old sniper rifle, but sleeps with an SMG "security blanket".

Uh...I don't quite get the skill system.  Is it 3 major + 1 minor?  If so, then marksman->sniper, auto weapons, stealthy.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:37:34 pm by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I'd like in!

Name: Max Greene "Zero".
Role: Scout
Basic Personality: Loner, reckless, eats everything, can sometimes be seen as an idiot.

Traits (Major): Auto Weapons, Technician
Traits (Minor): Scouting, Night Ops

Edited for clarity.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:40:22 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

In!

(typing one up now)

Name: Don Torino

Role: Stealth/Long Range Combat

Personality: Calm on the outside, a nervous wreck on this inside; Tries to 'be cool' and often fails miserably;

(Shit nevermind. Just put me on the waiting list I guess.)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:33:26 pm by jc6036 »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play Jagged Alliance 2! (1.13 mod Build: 4870)
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 09:40:13 pm »

Oh wow. Well Ill get to adding you guys in now.

jc6036 no garantees ill be able to get the waiting list thing working. But Ill add you and if worst comes to worst and we lose someone and I can't do it, Ill see about editing an AIM merc to fit you in alright? Hell if I find I can do that I might put more people in as we need them like that. Not too sure how much we'll ultimately need though.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 09:42:38 pm »

Uh...I don't quite get the skill system.  Is it 3 major + 1 minor?  If so, then marksman->sniper, auto weapons, stealthy.

Yeah, I wasn't sure exactly how many traits to take, either.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 09:46:17 pm »

Yeah, I wasn't sure exactly how many traits to take, either.
This is exactly it, however I'm not sure what the conversion rate for major traits-minor traits is, and just how many skill points you get for skipping out on any.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 09:50:45 pm »

It worked out the same. The thing is that for each major skill you don't take you can get a minor skill I think. So 3 major and one minor at max. I'm not QUITE sure how much points you get for not taking them, I'm new to this version of 1.13.

But now we have a six man team. So after some light experimentation in screenshot taking tonight I think Ill be able to get an update out after some play. So keep watching the topic for that whenever I can do it.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 09:52:55 pm »

Oohh, another JA2 LP. Watching this. And since the IMP slots are taken, just give me MD with an AR57 12" or a SIG 550.

Just a question though: Are the "bugs" active (Not saying much more, beacause spoilers).

As for the skills, It's two major and one minor unmodified, and you can take more minors if you forgo a major skill.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 09:55:19 pm »

The bugs aren't active, but sci-fi mode is. And don't request AIM mercs if you can help it, if I need AIM mercs to fill out the holes I'd rather they be themselves. But if IMPs die Ill be working towards getting replacements.

Though if this is more you'd like to see MD in the game at some point later then I can do it that way.

Also I havent modified my game heavily, but for whatever reason IMPs seem to get a third major trait. Not gonna complain and just go with it.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 10:35:08 pm »

Alright. Was more leaning towards the latter in any case. Sucks that the bugs aren't in though. Always fun having to deal with them, not to mention the reward...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 10:37:09 pm »

Ill admit the main reason I don't like the bugs is because the reward is disproportionate.

Spoiler: Reasons (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3