Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: I'M GETTING SO OLD! (Not really, but it feels like it)  (Read 17474 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: I'M GETTING SO OLD! (Not really, but it feels like it)
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2012, 09:22:04 pm »

I've written papers on a typewriter. We've still got a couple working ones back home. Pretty good way to teach yourself to think before you start writing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2012, 09:22:35 pm »

...I still have a typewriter in my house.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2012, 09:26:56 pm »

Incidentally, the only people allowed to use Courier (other than screenplay writers and the failed versions thereof) are people who have used typewriters. Seriously, it's a law. Snobbery is only fun when it is officially sanctioned, neh?  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2012, 09:29:34 pm »

Incidentally, the only people allowed to use Courier (other than screenplay writers and the failed versions thereof) are people who have used typewriters. Seriously, it's a law. Snobbery is only fun when it is officially sanctioned, neh?  :P
What about people in the upper forums who want to make color-coded, evenly-spaced DF diagrams?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2012, 09:30:35 pm »

What about people in the upper forums who want to make color-coded, evenly-spaced DF diagrams?
I suppose that's a noble enough cause.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2012, 09:34:29 pm »

I suppose that's a noble enough cause.
They're not really writing, anyhow. That's closer to making word art.

3. Run Resize Enable

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2012, 09:35:56 pm »

Fortunately for me, I borrowed a typewriter from the college where my mom works way back when I was, like, seven or eight years old. It was awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2012, 09:42:26 pm »

I was forced to the computer when I started typing so fast that the hammers were getting stuck together. Also, I'm a chronic editor.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2012, 09:42:59 pm »

18 as of February here, the past year alone has gone too damn fast... This may sound naive, but I can't wait to start my life in the real world once this high school bullshit is through.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2012, 09:45:17 pm »

This may sound naive, but I can't wait to start my life in the real world once this high school bullshit is through.
I absolutely agree, but I also have a feeling that I should try to get everything set up ahead of time while I'm being housed and fed without needing to work. Problem is, I don't really know how to do that.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2012, 09:53:22 pm »

Just a tip: start working now, start saving now. If you can put a few hundred into a savings account every year until you're done with uni, that's great. If you've got a few grand in checking by the time you have to start worrying about tuition, that's also great. But more than anything else, don't slack off. One of the things I really regret is being completely apathetic in high school, because I ended up graduating with only a 3.6 unweighted GPA (Was something like 4.2/4 weighted, because I was taking college level courses my junior and senior year, but hey! those don't count for shit, even if they took my GPA way down. If I'd been taking standard/Honors or AP courses, I think I could have swung a 4.0 with the same complete lack of effort). If I had put in any effort at all, I could have had a 4.0 anyhow, which would have meant $6,000 more in scholarship money every year. It sucks, but do the work, because a bit of effort in secondary school is far better than going into debt for a bachelor's.

3. Run Resize Enable

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2012, 09:55:16 pm »

This may sound naive, but I can't wait to start my life in the real world once this high school bullshit is through.
I absolutely agree, but I also have a feeling that I should try to get everything set up ahead of time while I'm being housed and fed without needing to work. Problem is, I don't really know how to do that.

I'm doing just that as we type (or at least I should be, If I weren't so fucking lazy  :D ), but I do have the job part temporarily.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2012, 10:07:05 pm »

18 as of February here, the past year alone has gone too damn fast... This may sound naive, but I can't wait to start my life in the real world once this high school bullshit is through.
I feel the exact opposite. I wish I could just go back to school and stay there forever, without this "real world" bullshit getting in the way.
I don't function well without orders.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2012, 10:40:09 pm »

you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2012, 10:42:59 pm »

Various Nonsense, the board that never was.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7