Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: I'M GETTING SO OLD! (Not really, but it feels like it)  (Read 17448 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I'M GETTING SO OLD! (Not really, but it feels like it)
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2012, 05:57:06 am »

I'm 19 and I don't feel old.

What does make me feel old is when people in the pub ask me why a 24/25/26 year old would be hanging out with 18/19 year olds. I usually just tell them my actual age and they say sorry, but i still feel old when people say that.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2012, 06:41:43 am »

I'm 20.

Woah, shit.

20. Doing Bachelor of Biomedical Science.

What was I doing at 19?

DF and Diploma of Professional Writing and Editing (aka Urist Mc BoringCourse)

At 18?

I had heard of DF through the Runescape wiki. It sounded interesting, but the 437 characters made my head hurt and I didn't know tilesets existed. I slaved through the Bentgirder tutorial before giving up.

17?

Just finished high school. Just started Dip. PWE. Seriously depressed. Mainly played Runescape. Had some great friends.

16?

Year 11. Nothing else.

Wow, I've only been on Bay 12 one year.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2012, 11:15:32 am »

Bay12 is an uncaptured SCP with a severe hallucinogenic/memory alteration effect that makes users think they have spent substantially more time with it than they actually have.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2012, 11:16:24 am »

Back in my day...

We had Carebears.  Anyone else watched the Hercules and Xena stuff on the Sci-fi channel?

I've been trolling here for 3 years.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2012, 11:34:11 am »

You know, it's funny - while reading this thread, I checked when I registered to the forums - 2006-08-16, which puts me in the first 200-odd members here. I'm also going to turn 30 in September.

I now feel old on multiple levels. Bleh :P

Truely, though, when I first really felt old was when I realized that I'm older then a fair number of my coworkers. For whatever reason, I always felt like I was the young guy at work... which is apparently not true.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:37:37 am by AlStar »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2012, 12:08:08 pm »

For me, the first sign of truly being old was when well known or famous individuals were signifigantly younger than me, be they actors, musicians, sports stars or politicians. Watching my beloved Wales Rugby team play recently brought it home to me with a big bump, with men in thier late teens and early 20's making me feel not only old, but clumsy, weak and unfit.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]