Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXIII: u no can has ch33zburgers (9/9)  (Read 55349 times)

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXIII: u no can has ch33zburgers (9/9)
« Reply #180 on: May 12, 2012, 09:35:44 am »

Well, that was fast.  Okay:
My vote on Hapah still stands, because he's a scummy son of a bitch.  I still say his reasons for voting borno are bullshit.  Beyond that, he was perfectly alright with letting Day 1 end with a no lynch.
In addition to this, Urist looks pretty goddamn suspicious to me.  I think your attack on Borno was also bullshit.  OMGUSing is a scum tell, but in this case, I think it's a null tell, because EVERYONE ATTACKING HIM HAD BULLSHIT REASONS.  Including you.
I would also like to clarify something in this post.  I make a clear distinction between a shitty reason and a bullshit reason.  A vote with a shitty reason actually has some basis, however small.  A bullshit vote has NO REAL BASIS.  You are not making votes with shitty reasons, you are making BULLSHIT votes.  That's why I think you're scum.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 12, 2012, 11:46:09 pm »

I have reread the posts from D1 looking for clues. From this I have gained a modicum of certainty that Hapah is indeed scum.

From his induction Flying Dice pressured Hapah heavily.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now Hapah was able to direct Dice’s suspicions to Borno thanks to his slip up, but it is my suspicion that Hapah knew Borno would flip town, and that he feared that on D2 Dice would direct his active scumhunting at him

Also I have aome suspicions of supercharzard in how he indirectly defended Hapah earlier on.

If Hapah flips town, Lynch me. I will personally vote myself if Hapah is town.
Remember we have 7 players if we lose 2 more the game is not lost, but if we mislynch 3 times, we lose.
If Hapah flips scum, seriously consider supercharzard as a potential scum candidate.

However I won’t let Dice’s (and his avatar’s) sacrifice stand in vain. I will see these scum lynched.
Vote Hapah

Brain hurts, I sleep now.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2012, 11:48:19 pm »

PPS: the stuff with super is more of a suspicion, the Hapah is far more certain, upon review my post did not differentiate that enough.
Hapah is scum, I stake my life on it.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 13, 2012, 12:37:37 am »

[Welcome to D2 everyone.  Now we've got some guaranteed solid information to work from.  Flying Dice and borno are confirmed (posthumously) as town.  Obviously, any theories any of us had in our heads that relied upon one of the two being scum are rendered invalid.  Now it helps to look at each player's interactions (or lack thereof) with the flipped players.]

In light of the recent flips, I would have to put my vote on eithir Urist or Hapah.

It is very WIFOM though, If Hapah was scum, and he knew borno was town, then he really pushed that vote hard and that makes him suspicious now that he has flipped. As a matter though he did directly lead to the lynching of a power role, so my vote is on him. for now.
[Are you implying that Hapah somehow knew borno had a power role?  If so, how do you think he knew?  Also, generally speaking, applying the attribute of WIFOM to your own reasons is a ... poor idea.]

PPS: the Nightkill looks more like a personal kill than a strategic one. Who argued/disapproved/disagreeded with dive the most. Or who was #1 on Dice's list.
[I have the honor of bestowing upon you a piece of advice that has, in all likelihood, been given in almost every beginner's game.  Do not try to reason out why scum picked their target for the NK.  You will most likely be wrong.]

Supercharazad: borno flipped.  Are you going to make with the investigations now?

Would it be considered in poor taste to start off with "I told you so" and "You guys are dumb"?
Imma re-read day 1, be back in a bit
[In a beginner's game, yes =P]

My vote on Hapah still stands, because he's a scummy son of a bitch.
[I don't see a vote here, however.  Either you forgot some color or you incorrectly assume votes carry over from the previous day.]

Hapah:  I am getting too sleepy to finish this post right now, but expect that I'm going to knock on your door in the near (read: very likely Monday) future. 

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2012, 04:54:01 am »

Shakerag: I had IRL stuff to do yesterday.

Jiouky:
Remember we have 7 players if we lose 2 more the game is not lost, but if we mislynch 3 times, we lose.
If Hapah flips scum, seriously consider supercharzard as a potential scum candidate.

However I won’t let Dice’s (and his avatar’s) sacrifice stand in vain. I will see these scum lynched.
Vote Hapah

You obviously want Hapah lynched, and if he is scum I will heavily suspect you of being his scumpartner. My reasons?
1: If you were scum and knew he was your scumpartner, you could bus him, and because of my "defense" of him earlier, you would have another easy target.
2: If you were scum and knew he was your scumpartner, you would have nothing to fear by vowing to vote yourself if he flipped town because it wouldn't be a possiblity.

You're either scummier than a hard water sink, or you're really bad at being town. Vote Joikuy
I'm also going to quote from the Scumhunting bible, which puts  "voting yourself for any reason" as a scumtell. Threats and vows to vote yourself mean that either way he flips you still have scumtells on you.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2012, 04:54:54 am »

I just realised I'm commiting chainsaw defense. Huh.
Eh, I'm going to call this justified in any case.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2012, 08:41:13 am »

Nah It is completely justified. I had not considered that aspect. It was a huge flaw in my attack, and really I should not have included the part about super, if only because it misdirects the focus. I still think your scum, but I cannot prove it.

So I guess the lesson here is, when making big posts make sure to read them from a scum's perspective as well.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2012, 09:04:44 am »

I doubt looking at things from the scum's perspective would be too hard for you, scumbucket.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2012, 10:19:13 am »

Just popping in for a quick note, more tomorrow.

Jiokuy:

If Hapah flips town, tomorrow is LyLo, and sacrificing yourself would cost town the game if you were town. Think about it: Currently there are five town and two scum. If Hapah gets lynched and flips town, there would be three town and two scum (because nightkill). In order for the town to actually lynch scum, they'd need a unanimous vote for scum to not be able to tie the vote and win. The only way that town would have a chance would be if you were scum, but I doubt you are because staking your life on Hapah being scum tells me that you don't know his alignment for certain. Or you're bussing, but at this point you don't seem to have any reason to do that.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2012, 10:33:32 am »

Therefore, he's either stupid or scummier than a hard water sink.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2012, 11:19:48 am »

Never ever underestimate my stupidity. That said, yeah, I have not scumhunted before. I'm assuming I did it wrong?

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2012, 02:39:12 pm »

My vote on Hapah still stands, because he's a scummy son of a bitch.
[I don't see a vote here, however.  Either you forgot some color or you incorrectly assume votes carry over from the previous day.]
That right there.  Whoops.
Hapah
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2012, 03:36:21 am »

[1] Supercharazad: Urist Imiknorris
[3] Hapah: Jiokuy, Shakerag, obolisk0430
[1] Jiokuy: Supercharazad

Not voting: Edio, Hapah

Day ends Tuesday 9:00 PM MST.

Prods may be requested. If I determine that a player with a prod request has not posted within 24 hours, excluding weekends, they will be prodded.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 14, 2012, 09:55:28 am »

Wait, Urist Imiknorris, why are you voting me?

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 14, 2012, 10:18:21 am »

Vote Extend, Hapah has not responded yet and I would like to hear his opinions.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22