_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1969 1970 [1971] 1972 1973 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5925695 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Paris' accidental discharge
« Reply #29550 on: September 23, 2015, 03:45:20 am »

PW - it was unclear when Lyra went synthbody if her biocatbody was saved or not. She did request it, but you didn't respond to the request. Could she please be put in her biological body instead of a robobody?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29551 on: September 23, 2015, 04:47:23 am »

Grab Potion #7 from my footlocker, go to the armory and ask what the strongest metal we have is in terms of laser resistance, kinetic resistance, energy resistance, and cutting resistance, and how much of it I can get for 10 tokens. If it isn't much, ask how much of the next best material I can get for 10 tokens. Also ask to borrow some tongs.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29552 on: September 23, 2015, 07:40:16 am »

Flint approached Lars' tank glancing at its contents for a few seconds before looking up at him. He felt like the sight should cause him to feel uncomfortable, but he didn't feel anything.
Maybe it's so strange it didn't register, half a man being regrown to a full man while reading.
Maybe I've seen worse things.
Or maybe I've seen more weird special effects in horror films...

Whatever it was, it wasn't important right now. He tapped the glass to get Lars' attention away from his reading.
"Hey there Priest. You don't look half-bad." he joked, although he wasn't sure if Lars would get it.
You don't look half-bad compared to the bleeding and broken metal egg I helped get out of that dead colony.
"Mind if I stick around for a while? Or do you want some privacy?"
Flint spoke loudly, unsure about how much sound got through to the inside of the healing tank.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29553 on: September 23, 2015, 08:09:57 am »

((C'mon, I just look like some guy wandering around. Would you really kill a feeble elderly robot who just wants to go see a movie at the local theater?))
I don't understand the question. Isn't the answer always "yes"? I mean, isn't it like asking if the Sun is the Sun?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29554 on: September 23, 2015, 08:28:34 am »

Lars looked up suddenly as the voice came through.  He smiled, clearly not getting Flint's comment.  "Thank you, Brother Flint.  I am glad to see that you survived as well.  By the hands of Algis and the grace of Steve, we have prevailed against a dangerous foe.  Truly we are all blessed.  I am afraid that I will be stuck here for a while, though."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 09:14:31 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29555 on: September 23, 2015, 10:12:07 am »

Do a little dance in the regeneration tank.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29556 on: September 24, 2015, 06:00:20 am »

Lars looked up suddenly as the voice came through.  He smiled, clearly not getting Flint's comment.  "Thank you, Brother Flint.  I am glad to see that you survived as well.  By the hands of Algis and the grace of Steve, we have prevailed against a dangerous foe.  Truly we are all blessed.  I am afraid that I will be stuck here for a while, though."
"Yeah, I guess."
"Heh. The wonders of modern medicine, right?" he added with a smile and shrugged.
"I wasn't even that hurt. Worst part of the escape was outrunning the overload and digging through the earth while half-blind and disoriented. Half-blind and disoriented because of that... whatever it was Steve did. And getting shot by... something while protecting the shuttle."
"Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure what exactly happened down there. I mean, even less sure than I usually am with those sorts of missions. Everything happened so quickly..."
"Speaking of which... What did happen down there? I mean, with your team. Would you mind recounting what happened? I'm trying to understand."
Flint made sure to look Lars in the eyes, trying to convey how serious this was to him. And to not miss anything important.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29557 on: September 24, 2015, 09:14:15 am »

((Been using Northern Green for too many other characters; just realized I did it for Lars.  Oopsie!))

Lars nodded, checking quickly to make sure the room was empty.  "Brother Flint... I believe we were possessed by the spirit of Steve; he used our bodies as a holy vessel for his will. Truly, we are blessed beyond measure."

Lars was quiet for a moment as he thought back to the mission.  "Well, we went down to the bottom floor to investigate.  At the center of the room was a shipping container surrounded by dead colonists.  We split up to search the room, I going to the container in the middle and..."  He was silent a moment. "Something burst out of there, knocking my whole suit clean across the room and seriously damaging it.  I braced myself and took a shot, but... whatever it was seemed able to handle anything we threw at it.  Then I blacked out and woke up in here."

Lars floated quietly for a minute.

"Are you well?  I hear one soldier died a martyr down there."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29558 on: September 24, 2015, 11:28:30 am »

((Been using Northern Green for too many other characters; just realized I did it for Lars.  Oopsie!))
((Heh, you may be right, because it seemed completely normal to me until you pointed it out.))

Lars nodded, checking quickly to make sure the room was empty.  "Brother Flint... I believe we were possessed by the spirit of Steve; he used our bodies as a holy vessel for his will. Truly, we are blessed beyond measure."
Flint didn't interrupt Lars, he merely shook his head slightly as he tried to hide his disagreement and resist the urge to facepalm.
Ugh, more of this Stevism spiel. I can't believe that guy. He really thinks Steve is some god that is responsible for everything. I'm surprised he hasn't started telling us how Steve and our belief in him keeps the generators in our guns running or something.

Lars was quiet for a moment as he thought back to the mission.  "Well, we went down to the bottom floor to investigate.  At the center of the room was a shipping container surrounded by dead colonists.  We split up to search the room, I going to the container in the middle and..."  He was silent a moment. "Something burst out of there, knocking my whole suit clean across the room and seriously damaging it.  I braced myself and took a shot, but... whatever it was seemed able to handle anything we threw at it.  Then I blacked out and woke up in here."

Lars floated quietly for a minute.

"Are you well?  I hear one soldier died a martyr down there."
"I said I'm fine!" Flint responded a bit louder than he had to, a bit more angry than he wanted to.
'Martyr'. Grh.
"I'm fine." he continued normally and changed his expression to a smile.
"I'm not martyred or dead or anything. I mean, really, what did you think? That I'm the ghost of Christ-mass past or something? Heh heh."
He looked down to hide his face.
"I guess I'm just... you know. Thinking about what happened. Trying to understand what I should had done. Wishing I'd done better."
"My team had two fliers, so I could help my team escape quickly. I had that treatment that makes my mind stronger, so I could counter anything that hurt our mind. I had a weapon that helped me detect living things. I had a weapon that helped me trap things and seal breaches. I had explosives that would collapse rooms. Overall I was better equipped to handle any alien organisms or artefacts that could had been down there. It would had made more sense for me and my team to go down there. I should had thought of that, I should had insisted my team was the one to investigate the lower levels. Who knows? Maybe if I had done my job better a man wouldn't have had to die and you wouldn't be in there. There wouldn't be so many injured men and women here in the infirmary."
He looked up at Lars and touched the tank with his palm, in what he hoped was a show of camaraderie.
"I just feel a bit responsible for what happened. Felt it was right to come by to see the injured and... I don't know. See the consequences. See if there's any way I can help. Apologize or something."
He shrugged and looked away again.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29559 on: September 24, 2015, 10:41:57 pm »

Lars returned the gesture, moving his hand to meet Flint's.  "Brother Flint, I have known you since the first mission we went on together.  That other colony with an unknown threat killing the population, much like this last one.  I know you to be a capable soldier, well experienced and faithful to the cause.  You cannot blame yourself; we faced an unknown threat; splitting and finding it was vital.  We didn't know we would have so little time to react.  Rest yourself in the loving embrace of Steve and know that we did what we could.  Your presence... you served as a vessel for the Holy Steve; if you were unworthy, you would have been discarded and left to die.  Take solace in that; you are one of the chosen."  Lars smiled warmly at Flint.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29560 on: September 25, 2015, 10:15:53 am »

But the pizza! How is the pizza?!

Check status of pizza and my gauss rifle. Make sure they are both okay.
Also, tear Ian's robo-head off with my full robo-strength. 

The pizza is fine. And by fine, I mean in my fine pieces.

Your rifle is undamaged though.

You tackle Ian to the ground and the two of you roll around the room, wrestling in an increasingly homoerotic manner.  You do pretty good for having one arm in a cast, but you can't get his head off.

Where is TOTAL DOMINATION? you haven't forgotten about him, right? just waiting for the moment to strike?
Well first, he's invisible. Second, He's not in the room.  I don't intend him to enact random violence; but he now exists as the finger of god should people start getting troublesome.

scurry over to comrades stuff, grab it, then scurry back to fellow union members
DIBS FOR THE UNION!
You grab the corpse's good and scream about some kind of glorious labor revolution before running away.

Collect token from Eddie (Nunzillor's character, assuming he gives it to me), wander over to the infirmary to briefly check for missing limbs, etc, and while I'm over there, take a nice descriptive look at Ivan and ask if I can have any of his limbs for free. Then, assuming I have Eddie's token, sell my unused monotomic razor and blaster pistol and buy the 5 token nyartifact Sullen Moon, then open it in my bedroom the union room. Unless my knightly friend actually manages to get serveral tokens worth of the dead guy's belongings, in which case do not buy the nyartifact yet.

Also, try and prop my room's door permenantly open. Though close it when all or most of the union people are on missions.

((PW, can I just assume people can pass freely into my room, unless there's no union member there to stop them stealing stuff? I know I could use passwords, but this seems like too much hassle for you. Whatever you think best.))

((Sure.))
wiki the token.

Now, are you talking about Cicada demon Ivan? Because he's not visible in the infirmary. He's somewhere in the deep maze behind it.

And yes, it seems like your friend did manage to steal those goods for the Onion, so no nyartifact yet.

scurry over to comrades stuff, grab it, then scurry back to fellow union members
DIBS FOR THE UNION!
Assist. Don't assist.
"Miya claimed that gear for his team fund. You should probably listen bro."

Bring the printing press to the union room and set it up.
Done and done.
Try to figure out where and when I am.
Wander the hallways, looking for something like an info booth, dispensary, or some other place where a hopefully-helpful and hopefully-knowledgeable official might be.

"Great service this place has... though, I guess I can't complain, I am somehow alive and all... though that might not be so impressive if only a few days have passed since my freezing... I don't count that likely though, this architecture is not familiar. No, not familiar at all. I could be anywhere, anywhen. Jesus Mothertaco Christ, I might not even be planetside!"
Ask Voice: "Hey! Voice! Am I on a planet? Are you planning on responding to any inquiries?"

((should i just assume he figures stuff out without steve having to tell him? If you don't want to play through his journey of discovery, well alright, less fun, but you can just say so))
You find a place labeled "Armory" which look like it might be the kind of dispensary you were looking for.

>No, you are on a spaceship. And I'll respond to some. Just enough to keep you hopeful.

DIBS FOR THE UNION!
Assist.
Also dump the printing press with the union guy Christopher.

read message, ignore and assist
hey Christopher if I get you this dead guys stuff do I get a stake in the artifact?
Ignore AND assist? You're killing me.

Well, I think the stuff you're helping with and ignoring all happens anyways so I'm probably not screwing up your actions.
"Ah, screw it... here is your pizza back..."

Run from Jobasio. Throw a maximum of three pizza pieces at his feet in order to try and make him slip.

Give Jobasio his pizza back.

Buy a mass manipulation pyschokinetic amplifier.

As a robot am I able to drink alcohol and use bluesmokes?

His pizza has been struck down.

Action interrupted: Enraged Weirdo

Yes, but not directly. You'll need to process them first.

Taken by thought, Kai heads to the Armory.

How much would it cost to get a large Dewar Flask full of liquid Helium from Heph when we get there? A 250L flask should do.

Ask the AM.

Trade in HEP. (+9 tokens.)

Purchase Universal Chemical Thrower, but no ammunition. (-3 tokens)

((I'll wiki this in a moment.))
Hmm. 5 tokens.

Spoiler: Also, picture (click to show/hide)
I would say WIKI but you probably already did it.
If Flint's heading to talk to the armoury master, he'll probably see Vanessa there. She stays quiet while he talks to the AM, but waves when she sees him.
Flint politely waves back, but remains focused on his conversation with the Armoury Master.

((I'll do some small actions for piecewise to conserve time. I assume they are happening sometime in the future.))

"Hi there. How's it going? Everything OK while we were gone?"

Approach the AM. Talk to the AM.
"Everything's fine."
Flint briefly looked at the direction of the briefing room for a few seconds and the strange sounds coming from it.
If she says it's fine... No reason not to trust her.
He shrugged and looked at her again.
"If you say so."
Hm. Is she a bit more curt in her responses than usual? Or am I just imagining things? Best to ask and make sure...
"You don't mind me asking a few questions, do you? Heh. Having an old fool pester you with his problems? If now's not a good time, I can always come back later."
((If she says there's no problem.))
"Ever seen or heard of the Shadow Walkers? Can you tell me a bit more about the way they fight and how they hide? And what's involved in becoming one?"
Best to approach the subject slowly...

Keep talking to the AM. ((I understand that piecewise is busy, so no need to write a full response, you can give me part of it and I'll ask for the rest next turn.))
"Assassins. Something like executors but they don't focus on spying. They hide only to kill. That's their one purpose. One of the few that use biological weapons. Leshos too. They're the type who you'll never see. Someone will die and then you might find some evidence of how it was done, but you'll never find the person who did it.

Their training involves an apprenticeship with their leader."

Take a few moments to enjoy nothingness.  Then, wake up and give Christopher a token.
Wiki

Just...just keep hiding out in the testing range, using the Spektr. Seems to be the safest place for now
Might be a good idea.

Wait in line after people pestering the Armory Master. When they happen to be done, do this, or at least as much of it as is possible in the space of a turn:

Firstly, check if resizing a MK3 suit for my size costs any tokens.

Secondly, check if the MK3 rocket pods can lift me at any appreciable speed.

Thirdly, can I turn in the MKII suit for half of its original price?

Fourthly, could I qualify for a refund if the Limiter Unlock doesn't work on me? After all, the system ought to be result-oriented rather than cost-oriented (since token cost doesn't correspond to actual cost).

Fifthly, check if I can return the hoverboard and stun baton at full price, since either of them have never been used. The hoverboard has never gone on a mission, but the stun baton has (it costs 1 token - do I get that back?)

Wait, we did this already. Well, whatever, must have got lost.

No
Yes, a bit lost in terms of top speed and a bit more fuel consumed.
Yes.
Sure.
Sure.

Adroitly exit briefing room until all shenanigans are over with to avoid further doom discharges. Message to Steve:
Can you shock the chucklefucks fighting over the pizza so that the doom arm guy doesn't accidentally nuke the briefing room? I REALLY don't feel like dancing the Charleston to avoid getting zapped again.
You make a very smart exist.

Milno hears the sound of something going very wrong in the general direction of the rec room. "I wonder if I really wanna know." he mumbles as he checks his datapad and the corresponding camera since he wants nothing to do with checking it in person.

"Well, that's a thing." He lowers the datapad and sends a picture of the situation to Miyamoto with "good luck" attached before resuming his examination of the jump pack system.

Message back:
Well. That's bloody fantastic.

I'll look into it, but should premature finishing doomarms here not be willing to cooperate, can I count on you to help restrain him before more people get hurt? I'm not sure what shocking by Steve would do, and I don't wanna bother the AM if it isn't strictly needed. Normally I have Pancaek for that kinda stuff, but he's away on mission, and I can't exactly get over there myself.

To Ronald (wolfkit):
"So. You just managed to get one of your fellow troopers killed. Over some godforsaken pizza. You see why we can't just let this slip? Get your ass over to the infirmary right now so we can see what we'll do about those arms. "

Message to the people going over Rimma's stuff:
"So, one of your comrades dies, and first thing you do is try and loot the body? Well it doesn't work like that these days anymore, dead trooper's belongings go to the team fund unless a will is present. So, instead of hoarding that stuff, drop it off at the armory and go bring poor Rimma to the infirmary for proper burial."

'Or however they'll process her remains.'
He finished to himself.

Message to Steve:
"Steve, that guy who just exploded into electricity, could you shock him unconscious if he doesn't come to the infirmary willingly? Though next to that, can he even be put to sleep in general? I mean, do those arms have a reliable 'off' mode? Hell, how does he sleep or go into stasis normally?

Oh, and if think you cannot shock him and there's no other option, could the AM come over and 'contain' him?"

Talking to Steve, containing spess majics.

EDIT: seeing as how Ronald is voluntarily going to the infirmary, ask Steve to have him put into a room where the doomarms can't do anymore damage. Also ask Steve if he has any information about them. Have Ronald be escorted to an isolation room where the arms cannot do anymore damage.

Finally, ask if some sort of 'containment unit' could be made that keep the doomarms in check even when Ronald's unfocused, and that maybe allow for more targeted use of them (so more electrobeam and less electronade).

Locking him up.

>Not really. No one has ever been dumb enough to touch those things and lived.
>I'll get the science guys to look into it.

"Wh-what just happened? I only wanted to destroy his knife... ...I didn't want this to happen... but... b-b-bu-bu-but..."
Quote from: ->Miyamoto
But... I didn't want this to happen... I didn't mean any of this...
Walk the walk of shame to the infirmary
You're just too powerful for your own good.

Lars has his datapad in the tank, right?  Review the "table of contents" of the HMRC Pantheon.  (This is me IC asking you to post that quick god list from way back when.)
Lets see if I can find that....
Eh, I'll just post what I've got:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Randomly-chosen stat point removed, or player-chosen?

If player-chosen, -1 endurance.

Then Auriel returns to the room. Staying near the exit, just in case.

Your choice.  WIKI.

Back to the briefing room you go. This time you stand only partially in the room, ready to dive out at any time.

((Skipped me.))
Still feeling that something strange is happening nearby, Elias wanders around the ship, looking for anything relatively unusual or anomalous.
Find "Total Domination" and, if successful, try to capture and/or kill him.
Where do you want to look?

PW - it was unclear when Lyra went synthbody if her biocatbody was saved or not. She did request it, but you didn't respond to the request. Could she please be put in her biological body instead of a robobody?
We'll say it was and she's back in that.

Grab Potion #7 from my footlocker, go to the armory and ask what the strongest metal we have is in terms of laser resistance, kinetic resistance, energy resistance, and cutting resistance, and how much of it I can get for 10 tokens. If it isn't much, ask how much of the next best material I can get for 10 tokens. Also ask to borrow some tongs.
When you say the strongest in those things, do you mean the one metal that is best at all of them or the different metals that are individually best at each thing?

Do a little dance in the regeneration tank.
Glub Glub, dance dance.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #29561 on: September 25, 2015, 10:21:12 am »

5 tokens? Hmm... Alright.

Purchase 250L worth of Liquid Helium, to be picked up from Heph. (-5 tokens)

((I'll wiki this.))

Edit: Also buy another robo arm.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 10:32:40 am by Dutrius »
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29562 on: September 25, 2015, 10:42:51 am »

You find a place labeled "Armory" which look like it might be the kind of dispensary you were looking for.

>No, you are on a spaceship. And I'll respond to some. Just enough to keep you hopeful.

((ahaha I am loving this))
Go up to the serious-looking young lady behind the glass, ask:
"Hello, my corpse was just thawed, I have no idea what's going on, and I'd like to know if I could borrow or buy a cane so I can walk and smack hooligans, and a computer so I can look things up on my own. I don't even know if I have any money, but from the look of things you probably get plenty of people in my position so I'm sure you know. Thank you. ...erm, I don't know if I have some sort of identification code but my name is Root if that helps at all which I don't think it does...
Don't look at her chest.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29563 on: September 25, 2015, 11:23:22 am »

Go set up some targets in space. Gonna finally test my number gun some more.
Remember to have my mk3 and shield equipped and tether myself to the ship for safety.
Type in 42 and shoot at a target and see what happens.

Oh and write a will. If I die my stuff goes to the union, as long as I wasn't teamkilled by someone in the union. Just wanna get this settled.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 11:29:47 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29564 on: September 25, 2015, 11:57:37 am »

"Ever seen or heard of the Shadow Walkers? Can you tell me a bit more about the way they fight and how they hide? And what's involved in becoming one?"
Best to approach the subject slowly...

Keep talking to the AM.
"Assassins. Something like executors but they don't focus on spying. They hide only to kill. That's their one purpose. One of the few that use biological weapons. Leshos too. They're the type who you'll never see. Someone will die and then you might find some evidence of how it was done, but you'll never find the person who did it.

Their training involves an apprenticeship with their leader."
"Trained by a single person... sounds like a slow process. That probably means not many of them are needed or that person is really quick in training them."

"So, this 'Leader'... are they anybody especially important or would someone else quickly take their place should they die? I mean, would assassinating the assassin make any sense? Or maybe there is a chance we could persuade him or her to join us?"

((Wait for an answer.))

"Wait, those guys can remain invisible while carrying LESHOs? Do you know how do they manage to do that?" Flint asked with great curiosity.
Keep talking to the AM.
Pages: 1 ... 1969 1970 [1971] 1972 1973 ... 2101