_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1675 1676 [1677] 1678 1679 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929929 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #25140 on: June 30, 2014, 12:46:38 pm »

Hmm... Go up there and search the branches or keep searching down here with the snuffer?
[d2(Tree/Ground):2(Ground)]
I guess the ground might be best. I've never used those grappling hook things before. I wouldn't want to fall on and break my hip like an idiot. And it's not like the tree will go anywhere if I take the time to look around first and find nothing.
Walk the snuffer in a circle around the clearing. See if it can pick up any other scent trail.

If nothing is found then go back to the indicated tree and climb on one of the more sturdy looking branches with the help of the grappling thing.
Look around for sings of my target and inspect the branches for claw marks.
I don't suppose I could bring the snuffer up here?

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25141 on: July 01, 2014, 09:23:42 am »

Try to calculate where the Arbiter will land. Get ready to attack before it touches the ground. Avoid any incoming attacks from the Arbiter.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25142 on: July 01, 2014, 02:27:20 pm »

Wonderful. No one here. Cecil sighs mentally.

Look around. Try to find a kinetic amp.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25143 on: July 02, 2014, 10:34:05 am »

Stab its join with the sword and/or Shoulder blades while continuing to fire rifle at any weak spots. Use rocket launcher as well if possible.
You zip in and jam one of your blades in the suit's knee, levering the limb off before spraying coil gun fire into the weak point in the armor where the hatch connects with the body. The second Battle suit goes prone as the pilot dies and you use it for cover, hold it in front of you as the other fires upon you.

"Doctor, mind if I ask what you are looking at?"
GOddamn ask the doctor this already.
"A data pad." He says, waggling his eyebrows at you.

"Nothing. Want something?"

identify and exploit weaknesses.

If that fails attempt to get under his guard and duck behind him before grappling onto his back and trying to pull his helmet off.

You stay back and analyze. The guy's weakness seems to be that he is very slow and that whenever he extends a limb, such as when he attempts to bash your head in, it reveals the mechanical workings of the arm via the extended joint. Best bet, as you see it, is to use that to disable his limbs and then take your time peeling the controller out and flicking him in the nose.
To death.

If small, short, and realistic don't suffice, let's make it modern (ER-modern, not us-modern) urban, search and retrieve.

Ed: Hostilities between me and virtual opponent allowed, but not necessarily encouraged.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
You appear in what seems to be the end result of china town fucking a neon light factory. You're on a narrow, street and every square inch of the buildings lining it are covered in lights, video screens, hologram projectors and neon signs and everything is flashing and beeping and making noise fit to kill every epileptic in a mile radius. There's a dense crowd of people on the street, wearing brightly colored frocks, tight fitting dresses, silk pants and loose fitting shirts, and the occasional wide brimmed hat made out of interwoven strips of neon plastic. You can't read any of the signs but judging from what you can see through the windows this is a shopping district. Your opponent is a local crime boss, a man with an outrageous mustache and a face half covered in a garish dragon tattoo, who is supposedly hanging out in a bar down the street. Your objective is to detain him, alive or at least revivable, and get him out of the area.

Napping/resting continues
SLEEPING ON A TREE DOO DOO DEE DEE SLEEPING ON A TREE RAAAATAPDEEDEE.

Hmm... Go up there and search the branches or keep searching down here with the snuffer?
[d2(Tree/Ground):2(Ground)]
I guess the ground might be best. I've never used those grappling hook things before. I wouldn't want to fall on and break my hip like an idiot. And it's not like the tree will go anywhere if I take the time to look around first and find nothing.
Walk the snuffer in a circle around the clearing. See if it can pick up any other scent trail.

If nothing is found then go back to the indicated tree and climb on one of the more sturdy looking branches with the help of the grappling thing.
Look around for sings of my target and inspect the branches for claw marks.
I don't suppose I could bring the snuffer up here?

The snuffer catches a few hits as you walk him around. Seems your prey moved through the trees so the trail on the ground is unsteady and spread out. You might be able to track her this way, but if the wind shifts as she moves, it could throw the trail off by who knows how much.

Try to calculate where the Arbiter will land. Get ready to attack before it touches the ground. Avoid any incoming attacks from the Arbiter.
The arbiter points one hand in your direction and a set of thin metal cables dart out, flying down toward you. You hop back, out of their way, and they hit and embed themselves in the ground. Everything hangs for a moment before the cables snap taunt and suddenly the arbiter is flying toward you, its club swinging in weird patterns, shockwaves bursting in slow motion around it.

Wonderful. No one here. Cecil sighs mentally.

Look around. Try to find a kinetic amp.
Well, the sign says there's one  for sale but you can't actually see any in the armory. They're probably kept back there, in that back room.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25144 on: July 02, 2014, 11:58:45 am »

Dodge the shock waves and get away from the Arbiter's path. Try to test if my body also has that same cable system.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25145 on: July 02, 2014, 01:16:57 pm »

I'm sleeping in a tree, waiting for nightfall.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25146 on: July 02, 2014, 05:37:11 pm »

Well, I guess this is it. Time to test my tracking skills. And climbing skills.

Flint swallowed nervously as he eyed the tree and carefully took aim.

Here goes nothing. he thought and pressed the trigger for his grappling hook.

Take careful aim and fire the grappling hook on the tree, aiming for a sturdy looking branch, the part closest to the trunk. Then use it to help me climb: use my legs to hold on to the tree and push myself up while using the grappling hook to pull myself up.
Unless it doesn't work like that. Then do what is appropriate to climb that tree.

If I successfully get up there, look around for clues of where my target went. If she jumped from tree to tree, then there should be claw marks on the place she landed on. With some careful examination, I should be able to spot them and follow them.

Irrelevant, does Flint's character have a motivation for doing this? Is he a bounty hunter in this for the money, is it his government mandated job, is it something else, is it nothing at all?
It's easier for an actor to stay in character if he knows his character's motivation.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:39:05 pm by Parisbre56 »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #25147 on: July 03, 2014, 10:41:34 am »

Quick check - is my laser rifle out of place? If yes, remove it from the simulation. If not, keep it around in an inconspicuous fashion.
Stroll down the street keeping an eye out for suspicious characters, activities, and things. Stop when the target bar (assuming I know how the bar looks) is just in sight, pretending to check out the windows of a nearby shop, or if something else happens near me.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:11:12 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #25148 on: July 03, 2014, 01:26:13 pm »

Go to VR, play a random game.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25149 on: July 03, 2014, 02:42:16 pm »

Tap on the counter a little then wait a minute. If no one comes by, try and peek at what's back there.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25150 on: July 03, 2014, 04:17:08 pm »

begin attempts to disable his joints
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25151 on: July 03, 2014, 05:11:09 pm »

Spoiler: Han Thren (click to show/hide)

Wake up, dress, find the lounge. Regret decision to kill my bookie.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:18:59 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25152 on: July 04, 2014, 10:59:25 am »

Dodge the shock waves and get away from the Arbiter's path. Try to test if my body also has that same cable system.
It does not.

You leap back as the Arbiter touches down, shockwaves carving the ground around it. It swings several more times, sending shockwaves in your direction.

I'm sleeping in a tree, waiting for nightfall.
Got a while before nightfall, so sleeping continues

Well, I guess this is it. Time to test my tracking skills. And climbing skills.

Flint swallowed nervously as he eyed the tree and carefully took aim.

Here goes nothing. he thought and pressed the trigger for his grappling hook.

Take careful aim and fire the grappling hook on the tree, aiming for a sturdy looking branch, the part closest to the trunk. Then use it to help me climb: use my legs to hold on to the tree and push myself up while using the grappling hook to pull myself up.
Unless it doesn't work like that. Then do what is appropriate to climb that tree.

If I successfully get up there, look around for clues of where my target went. If she jumped from tree to tree, then there should be claw marks on the place she landed on. With some careful examination, I should be able to spot them and follow them.

Irrelevant, does Flint's character have a motivation for doing this? Is he a bounty hunter in this for the money, is it his government mandated job, is it something else, is it nothing at all?
It's easier for an actor to stay in character if he knows his character's motivation.
You make it up to the top boughs and above the oppressive cover of the fronds. You look around. You can see little puncture holes in some of the leaves of this tree, and more in the tree next to it. You don't know how you feel about bounding across the treetops though...that seems a recipe for death.

You're in it for money. They pay a pretty penny for capturing rouge genehacks.

Quick check - is my laser rifle out of place? If yes, remove it from the simulation. If not, keep it around in an inconspicuous fashion.
Stroll down the street keeping an eye out for suspicious characters, activities, and things. Stop when the target bar (assuming I know how the bar looks) is just in sight, pretending to check out the windows of a nearby shop, or if something else happens near me.

You keep the rifle, slung on your back, and head down the street. Suspicious characters make up about half the population: just about everyone you see on the street seems to either be sizing you up as a mark or assessing you as a treat. You reach the bar fairly quickly, a little concrete box with a bright yellow and orange neon sign in a language you can't read. It's got two bouncers out front, big bald guys with little sunglasses, purple suits and red ties. They don't seem particularly hospitable.

Go to VR, play a random game.
EXTREME BALL IN CUP it is.

Tap on the counter a little then wait a minute. If no one comes by, try and peek at what's back there.
Someone should probably just ask steve to send a replacement in to vend stuff, honestly.

begin attempts to disable his joints
You get him to swing, get under his guard, and then punch him straight in the joint. You hand gets stuck. Uh oh.

Get that to the wiki. Until pyro gets done with whatever he's doing, thats all I look at.

Rec room is about as close to a "Lounge" as we have here.

So you find that.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #25153 on: July 04, 2014, 11:36:04 am »

Get that to the wiki. Until pyro gets done with whatever he's doing, thats all I look at.

((I do this whenever someone posts a character sheet, by the way.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #25154 on: July 04, 2014, 01:20:46 pm »

Of course there are two guards at the door. It's always two guards at the door. As if the universe would implode if there's a third guard or something.

While pretending to check out a nearby store, charge an Exo bonus.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 1675 1676 [1677] 1678 1679 ... 2101