_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1375 1376 [1377] 1378 1379 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937806 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Everyone else.
« Reply #20640 on: December 03, 2013, 05:17:22 pm »

((I agree with Kriellya.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20641 on: December 03, 2013, 05:23:46 pm »

(( Unholy, the main thing with looting in this mission is that it was made pretty clear to us that UWM agents wouldn't have anything of value. Everything would be lifelocked, once the agent was dead their gear would be scrap, and taking them alive was not an option. To be fair, many people *tried* to loot. None of us found anything of value, and after the first few tries I think most of us stopped looking, assuming everything would be scrap. Hell, I recovered the blackship and it had no loot on it, other than the ship itself, which is being added to the Sword's arsenal. I'm not even sure you technically found anything, until it got to the end and PW & RC were going "uhh... there's no money. Okay, um, let's say this 'loot' was worth 2 tokens. Yay, more money!" ))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20642 on: December 03, 2013, 05:25:54 pm »

((Indeed.
Also I support Kriellya's plan for the modes. Seems smart for my hassled mind.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20643 on: December 03, 2013, 05:32:34 pm »

((I think the budget system works but the problem was the sheer amount of people... Maybe we could use the budget for more normal missions and use a military-style system with loadouts for more important or bigger missions, such as when you want even the newbies to pop out of the ship ready to fight and die.

@Unholy: You are being unnecessarily aggressive. That's all I'm saying for now, so you might want to step back and take a breath.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20644 on: December 03, 2013, 05:33:23 pm »

((@Unholy_Pariah: You still owe me 3+ tokens for the equipment I gave you. So how about you just give the things Miyamoto wants you to give and I'll strike out your debt and we can end this argument about useless equipment. Fair enough for you?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20645 on: December 03, 2013, 05:35:42 pm »

((I think the budget system works but the problem was the sheer amount of people... Maybe we could use the budget for more normal missions and use a military-style system with loadouts for more important or bigger missions, such as when you want even the newbies to pop out of the ship ready to fight and die.))
This works.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20646 on: December 03, 2013, 05:49:22 pm »

(( Unholy, the main thing with looting in this mission is that it was made pretty clear to us that UWM agents wouldn't have anything of value. Everything would be lifelocked, once the agent was dead their gear would be scrap, and taking them alive was not an option. To be fair, many people *tried* to loot. None of us found anything of value, and after the first few tries I think most of us stopped looking, assuming everything would be scrap. Hell, I recovered the blackship and it had no loot on it, other than the ship itself, which is being added to the Sword's arsenal. I'm not even sure you technically found anything, until it got to the end and PW & RC were going "uhh... there's no money. Okay, um, let's say this 'loot' was worth 2 tokens. Yay, more money!" ))
that in and of itself is blatantly unfair. why should the one guy who actually sticks it out and keeps looking have to give up the one valuable thing he finds just because no-one else was lucky or attentive enough to find something themselves?
and don't even try saying "because its to support the newbies" they are being ignored in radios fund distribution scheme because they did nothing notable.
[/quote]

((I think the budget system works but the problem was the sheer amount of people... Maybe we could use the budget for more normal missions and use a military-style system with loadouts for more important or bigger missions, such as when you want even the newbies to pop out of the ship ready to fight and die.

@Unholy: You are being unnecessarily aggressive. That's all I'm saying for now, so you might want to step back and take a breath.))
((of course im being aggressive, you guys have offended me by calling me a selfish prick and belittling my contributions by saying i did nothing of value.))

((@Unholy_Pariah: You still owe me 3+ tokens for the equipment I gave you. So how about you just give the things Miyamoto wants you to give and I'll strike out your debt and we can end this argument about useless equipment. Fair enough for you?))
((No that punishes you and you've done nothing wrong, im gonna pay you the three tokens for the jump rockets.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20647 on: December 03, 2013, 06:37:24 pm »

Also, I don't envy your job right now either. I know what it's like to be an accountant in an unpopular position like that, only for us it was only partially a game - we were supposed to do our jobs as in reality, but the money was fake. Didn't help that some people (who also happened to be the low-level employees that wanted to be paid more than the CEO (and me, the CFO)) had next to no fiscal responsibility.))
((It's a perk of joining late, I guess. Happy, BFEL? :P))

Hmm weapons you're not terrible with. Tricky, very tricky. You've got a negative 1 on every single type of weapon category...

I recommend leveling up to be better at stuff. (Which we will do here, shortly)
Huh. I didn't expect an actual response to that. Neat!

Also: Alstrom effect. Alstrom effect. Alstrom effect. That's not like Hastur, is it?
*summons the Alstrom effect*

((Loot pooling is great in theory, unless its decided that we should do it when only one person is actually looting anything and it becomes a big fuck you to the individual.
((Au contrare--if only one person gets any loot, a lack of a loot pool is a big middle finger to everyone else.

and i resent the accusation that i focused on loot over the mission, i simply refused to leave the loot behind whilst completing my objectives.))
((Alright, congratulations. You still only get one slice of the pie, not the whole thing.))

The fact is that you didn't pick it up, i was the only one who paid enough attention to what piecewise had written to figure out it was even recoverable let alone worth something and you just decided to donate it to this "team fund" after the fact without even mentioning it to me first. dick move.
((I wasn't paying enough attention to remember the exact words, but checking back on that link that RC was so kind as to provide shows something:
They're literally nothing useful on him.
As per that shield, you find one thats not completely fucked, but using is basically like holding a large cookie sheet in front of you; it's not very big and it has nowhere left to hold it other then on the sides.
I see nothing in there to suggest that a cloak might be lootable. The closest I found was the second part, which mentions a sheet of metal, not a cloak.))

yes ill admit i should have read it, but im a lazy sod and i like to just skim past the OOC and IC walls of text so i can find out what happened on the turn and post my action.
((I appreciate the honesty, but I hope you see our point about your laziness not giving you any points.))

i know your intention was not to bully me but the fact of the matter is im the only one who is being harmed by your loot pool, if anyone else had looted something i wouldn't have a problem, hell if you had just asked before including it i wouldn't have a problem. this is the whole Zako incident all over again, you people just keep taking it upon yourselves to decide my shit for me and im sick of it.
and as for goddamn fairness, loot pools only work if more then one person contributes.))
((And you are the only one not harmed by not having a loot pool. As Spock said: "The needs of the many over the needs of the few or the one[, especially when the one is a magpie who didn't contribute a ton and is kind of being a Klingon over the whole thing]."))

((And now you want me to choose between getting paid and keeping the loot i should have anyway. fine take it, just be aware that intentionally or not that was a fucking dick move on your part.))
((Dude, you are the only person who thinks you're entitled to that cloak! And it's a frikking broken UE cloak. Is is that hard to give up?))

((I'm not even sure you technically found anything, until it got to the end and PW & RC were going "uhh... there's no money. Okay, um, let's say this 'loot' was worth 2 tokens. Yay, more money!" ))
((Oh. This wrinkle makes it even stupider.))

that in and of itself is blatantly unfair. why should the one guy who actually sticks it out and keeps looking have to give up the one valuable thing he finds just because no-one else was lucky or attentive enough to find something themselves?
((Because the others did stuff?

Let me put it this way. Imagine an adventuring party which slogs through a low-loot dungeon. There is a loot room holding a large treasure trove, which only the rogue/thief/ninja/spellthief/whatever can reach. He heads up there and dumps the loot into his Bag of Holding. When the party returns to town, he refuses to share, because no one else looted anything. Would he be wrong, or right?
Now imagine that the dungeon was barren of treasure except for a single small pile of coins in the treasure trove. Now, the rogue is you. You have literally the only piece of loot from the entire dungeon mission, and are refusing to share.))

((of course im being aggressive, you guys have offended me by calling me a selfish prick and belittling my contributions by saying i did nothing of value.))
((I never said that--or, at least, I didn't intend to. I just said that you didn't do anything worth the whole treasure trove plus normal pay.))

((No that punishes you and you've done nothing wrong, im gonna pay you the three tokens for the jump rockets.))
((He doesn't have any use for the three tokens--he's even given up 5 tokens of his own for no gain on his end--and he's probably sick of the argument.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20648 on: December 03, 2013, 06:40:24 pm »

"Oh shit Thomas, the OOC is leaking everywhere. Oh gosh. I hope no one slips and falls."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20649 on: December 03, 2013, 06:44:28 pm »

((I'm fine with the total of 2 tokens.  I was really only objecting because it would have taken until late 2017 to buy a MK III, for instance.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20650 on: December 03, 2013, 06:45:38 pm »

In a separate post for piecewise's benefit:

Firstly, did any of Grate's gear survive the crushing?

Secondly, I think the current system needs to be tested in a more standard mission before we give it a definite yea or nay. This was a failure because it was a massive, full-ship, clusterfrak of a "mission," unlike every other mission. If I were you, I'd pick half a dozen or so newbies who could use the experience and tokens, send them on a quick mission, and see how the mission budget system works for that. We wouldn't say a car model is crap if it doesn't drive after driving off a cliff. Well, I wouldn't, if it was being used for anything I can see a car being used for.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20651 on: December 03, 2013, 06:48:49 pm »

May gave both Jim and Feyri a kiss on their respective cheeks, (or at least tried in the case of Feyri, isn't she like 7 feet tall standing?) before running off and glomping Thomas.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN."
Thomas held onto May, suspending her for as long as he could before gently letting her down.
"Ah... Well, I was tripping pretty hard, and I started thinking. All of the stuff that happens here, everything we've done, it all sort of came to me at once. So I just sort of stood there, for quite a while. Sorry."

"Wait, why are you so panicked? What happened? Are you okay?"

"Oh shit Thomas, the OOC is leaking everywhere. Oh gosh. I hope no one slips and falls."
"Yes, that would be bad. Whatever that means."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20652 on: December 03, 2013, 07:08:05 pm »

May gave both Jim and Feyri a kiss on their respective cheeks, (or at least tried in the case of Feyri, isn't she like 7 feet tall standing?) before running off and glomping Thomas.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN."
Thomas held onto May, suspending her for as long as he could before gently letting her down.
"Ah... Well, I was tripping pretty hard, and I started thinking. All of the stuff that happens here, everything we've done, it all sort of came to me at once. So I just sort of stood there, for quite a while. Sorry."

"Wait, why are you so panicked? What happened? Are you okay?"

"Yes, that would be bad. Whatever that means."
((*Denzel wanders over with a mop and bucket and starts cleaning up the loose OOC*))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20653 on: December 03, 2013, 07:13:11 pm »

"It's been hard adjusting, especially without you. We had to go on the thing, and people died I think, and now everyone is mad at each other because we're the Soviet Union."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20654 on: December 03, 2013, 07:15:23 pm »

"It's been hard adjusting, especially without you. We had to go on the thing, and people died I think, and now everyone is mad at each other because we're the Soviet Union."
"Well, I'm not dead, you're not dead, and apparently we're united, May. I think we're doing alright, all things considered."
He gave May a hopeful smile.
Pages: 1 ... 1375 1376 [1377] 1378 1379 ... 2101