_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1371 1372 [1373] 1374 1375 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938367 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Everyone else.
« Reply #20580 on: December 02, 2013, 09:08:17 pm »

((Which is an odd feature with me, as I could form myself into a 20-foot tall super muscular titan and due to my 0 Strength do no damage when I hit sombody :P))
((Your muscles are made of fleece. FLEECE I SAY!))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20581 on: December 02, 2013, 09:21:38 pm »

((Just gonna say again how ridiculous not having the standard 5 tokens is. Seriously, us newbies who can't reliably do anything without permadeath are getting 1 or 2 tokens per mission, while vets are getting big bonuses on top of their head start. I feel like I'm falling further and further behind just because I didn't jump into the game the moment I joined Bay12.))
((Not to sound greedy, but he has a point. I'll chalk it up to the system being completely new. Nothing works right the first time. See: The French Revolution, the Articles of Confederation, toddlers trying to walk.))

((This would be the place where I'd rant about Titans being big wastes of resources and inefficient and that big superweapons are ridiculous, while giving examples from history (mostly WWII Germany's attempts at those) and blablabla. Luckily, Fun > Realism in games.))
((The Soviets had some great giant superweapons, too.))
((And some hilarious low-tech ones too. Bombs strapped to dogs to kill tanks anyone? (yes, they actually tried this)
((Too bad they didn't figure out how to teach the dogs not to hide under whatever tank was closest when gunfire started. They should have gone with bats. Bat bombs were pretty effective.))

((...I wonder...))

While We're on this subject: I really think we should impose two reasons for the mission funds:
-all things bought with it HAVE to be returned at mission end, otherwise everybody can buy everything at half price. Doesn't seem very fair or balanced.
-no mixing of personal and mission tokens anymore, to not complicate things too much.
I asked PW before about this, but he hasn't answered yet. Still, I think it's best if we install these rules now, before it becomes even more of a flustercluck in the future. Opinions?))
((The second rule sounds good. The first...well, there should be a clause about reducing pay at the end of a mission to keep stuff you buy for it, but other than that great.))

((Didn't that fail because they trained the dogs by putting food under broken tanks, but when they released the dogs they did a 180° turn and ran under the Russian tanks because they were trained with those types? I seem to remember this from somewhere))
((Right problem, wrong reason. The big problems: The Russian tanks were closer, and battles are loud.))

((Which is an odd feature with me, as I could form myself into a 20-foot tall super muscular titan and due to my 0 Strength do no damage when I hit somebody :P))
((Do it!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20582 on: December 02, 2013, 09:27:18 pm »

((Not yet. I'm experimenting with bio weapons right now.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20583 on: December 02, 2013, 10:05:38 pm »

toddlers trying to walk.))

((For some reason, this reminded me of my daughter, who we could get going by bump-starting- quickly walk holding her just off the ground, then set her down and watch her go until she fell over.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20584 on: December 02, 2013, 10:13:22 pm »

((Little kids are so adorable.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20585 on: December 02, 2013, 10:17:11 pm »

...[You people are awesome >_>]

Feyri leaned against the wall as the rest chatted on.

I always wonder if Steve hears or listens to me at all. Has anyone else received the tokens or were those who decided to opt out of the grant ignored?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 10:20:46 pm by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20586 on: December 02, 2013, 10:36:26 pm »

...[You people are awesome >_>]
((Thanks.))
Sig

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20587 on: December 02, 2013, 10:59:33 pm »

May gave both Jim and Feyri a kiss on their respective cheeks, (or at least tried in the case of Feyri, isn't she like 7 feet tall standing?) before running off and glomping Thomas.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20588 on: December 02, 2013, 11:01:29 pm »

((I really dislike this system, not only do newbs get nothing but those who dutifully perform the boring jobs also get screwed over because their actions, while important, go largely unnoticed.

Also, why am i apparently handing out my own personal loot to pay people? I dont recall ever volunteering it.))

give jacks two amps, jacks token and jacks light bending cloak to miyamoto for funds distribution then take one of my black boxes to the armory for identification..
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:15:37 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20589 on: December 02, 2013, 11:01:55 pm »

((Actually that's Jim. Feyri's just a robot.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20590 on: December 02, 2013, 11:10:36 pm »

((Also, why am i apparently handing out my own personal loot to pay people? I dont recall ever volunteering it.))
((Which loot are you talking about?))
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20591 on: December 02, 2013, 11:12:52 pm »

((...I really wonder why we're being based tokens by what we did, when we were given categories for service...I remember that from way back then. Who did the organization then? >_>))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20592 on: December 02, 2013, 11:20:22 pm »

((Also, why am i apparently handing out my own personal loot to pay people? I dont recall ever volunteering it.))
((Which loot are you talking about?))
((My changeling cloak.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20593 on: December 02, 2013, 11:25:32 pm »

((What did you buy it with?))
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20594 on: December 02, 2013, 11:28:11 pm »

((What did you buy it with?))
((Magpie Logic, i used the word loot for a reason.))

Pages: 1 ... 1371 1372 [1373] 1374 1375 ... 2101