_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931294 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: I told you.
« Reply #12300 on: February 26, 2013, 02:23:17 pm »

((@Lenglon Augh, sorry, it took me too long to finish this post  :-[ ))
So, you mean, no moving deeper until we are done with this area. I see.
Hmmm... What would Milno the Snark do? Snark; not give a shit; what else?
Remain competent throughout the ordeal, of course.

Let's see... Our primary objective is to get out of here. Our secondary objective is to learn as much as possible while we are here.
As this is a training session, we should... No. This is a mind trickery training ground, which we entered to prepare for the on-mission dangers, and thus it should be treated no different from a real mission.
The primary objective holds absolute superiority over the secondary one.

Actually, I'd rather go further, if you didn't mind...
Moreover, in no way the primary objective should be put at hazard for the sake of pursuing the secondary one.
... And if we stay and examine the places beyond the doors in this room first, I suggest that we leave the door which resisted opening alone, at least for now. We can always return later, and I'd rather not face the person who is holding it shut; the same probably goes for that strange ever-changing person.
So, I'd rather go deeper? Like if it were a stronghold, lair or something? And if it's more like a maze, with the exit possibly being any door on our way? Or what if we are supposed to visit all of them to find our way out?
Wait. 'Supposed to'. This is supposed to be a training session of fighting off mindfuckery, not a giant puzzle.
We need an exit? Fine! Let us make an exit.
...I see!

With a somewhat sudden motion Maurice half-kneeled before Lyra, so that their faces got on the same level, and, staring deeply into her eyes, asked in a soft, yet deeply concerned voice:
Lyra, please, how did you create that fire?

((@GM Is the door through which we came here still where it was?

Also, unless we somehow finish the training in the nearest time, I'm probably going to miss the next mission. But if we do end it early, I'd probably volunteer for either of missions - the mind-screwing one being the natural choice after finishing the training (yeah, despite me having only 5 points in Will), and the long and crowded one is quite likely to benefit from one more medic on the team. ))
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:27:20 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12301 on: February 26, 2013, 02:35:13 pm »

((@GM Is the door through which we came here still where it was?
((door's still there, checked that when we went through it))
((Whelp, rec room's a bloodbath. looks like the score currently is:
Ivan: 3
HMRC: 1
... I am so glad I'm not in there))

stand unmoving for a second and a half, simply looking and listening. (if Maurice wants to use this time to go through first, let him.)
then glance at Maurice, shrug, and cautiously step through the door and onto the path.
check if the door still exists behind me.
check if anything happens if i step off the path (unless intuition tells me this is a bad idea)
check if the eight doors are one-sided, same as the door we came through.
do not go out of arm's reach of Maurice for these tests

stop on the far side of the first door on the left, facing the door. place right hand on doorknob and wait for maurice. Assuming he comes to the same door, open it and look at what's inside. do not go through, do not frame myself in the doorway.

You step through the door. The door still exists. Ok. You poke a toe off the path. There's nothing there. Just an infinite fall. Not so ok. The doors, as far as you can see from here, with in arms length of Maurice, are all the same as the one you just stepped through.
stop staring vacently at the ground and make eye contact with maurice.
"Th-thought"
swallow and tilt head farther to the side, to where it's as close to horizontal as i can make it without bending over or being uncomfortable. maintain eye contact.
((np, i just was setting up a backup plan))
EDIT: not double-posting
straighten my head most of the way
"is"
swallow
"is"
tilt my head slightly to the left.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:55:44 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12302 on: February 26, 2013, 02:57:57 pm »

((Who are our strong-willed characters anyway?  I had to check back on Lars- he's flat at 3 Will.  I believe Milno and Faith both got tired of getting mindraped and dumped a level's worth of stats into Will, but beyond that I have no idea.))
((Based on a re-combthrough I was doing, lacking Mission 7, Feyri's Mission 3 levelup, and several new/inactive guys, I have:

Jim: 15
Thomas: 12
Mason: 10
Chin: 8
Milno, Faith, Mesk, Lukas, Maurice, Renen: 5
Bishop: 4
May, Feyri, Simus: 3

So, while I am missing a few people/levelups, 5 Will is probably going to have to suffice if we have any hope of getting five people with that.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12303 on: February 26, 2013, 02:59:29 pm »

Thought? No, no, this place doesn't care about rational thought, besides it is not so rational for that ball of flame to... Wait, if not rational, then perhaps it is irrational? Like belief, or something like that?
I don't believe in that sort of fantasies, do I? ... Do I?
It's not the reality, this place exists in our minds only, and thus it could possibly work here, like it sometimes happens in dreams.

Close my eyes and imagine a book of Shakespeare's sonnets appearing in my hand. Focus on it, its weight and leathery feel of its cover. Try to believe in it appearing there.

((@Lenglon I'm probably out for this and possibly a couple next turns, mastering the craft of believing in improbable things. I'm very sorry for not backing your coordinated examination. Hopefully my endeavour will take us closer to leaving the illusion. ))
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:01:46 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12304 on: February 26, 2013, 03:03:07 pm »

((I can take responsibility for updating character sheets once the current mission finishes, if you'd like me to.

I would still prefer if people (or Faith) took care of their own stats.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12305 on: February 26, 2013, 03:04:04 pm »

((i also have 5 Will, and i'll gladly go if need be. However, in case of my mind getting taken over, this team will have a walking tank working against them. Yeah.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12306 on: February 26, 2013, 03:07:43 pm »

((do NOT apologize for trying this. i fully understand what you're doing and i think it's a good idea. i'm going to un-strikethrough my backup plan though in case what you're trying doesn't work. i might as well warn you though, the reason i'm trying to stay restrained on item generation is because i bet it works off the same hidden will stat as amps, and i want that to be at full in case we have to toe-to-toe an edlrich abomination so i can Alma Wade it. especially since it's my only combat method. Lyra is unarmed, doesn't even have a suit, and based on that sign earlier I've got a giant bullseye painted on me.))
"Is"
after a three seconds of watching Maurice standing there with his eyes closed, turn and look at the door with darkness behind it with my eyes narrowed.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12307 on: February 26, 2013, 03:15:53 pm »

((So apperently I've got 11 will, wich will become 16 at the end of this mission, because I luv me some amps. here's hoping I can get a spot, that'd make 3 missions back-to-back))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12308 on: February 26, 2013, 03:21:39 pm »

((So apperently I've got 11 will, wich will become 16 at the end of this mission, because I luv me some amps. here's hoping I can get a spot, that'd make 3 missions back-to-back))

((Damn boy, you're on a roll.

Also, anybody any ideas on wether I should go and catch Bonnie and Clyde down there?))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12309 on: February 26, 2013, 03:32:36 pm »

Also, anybody any ideas on wether I should go and catch Bonnie and Clyde down there?))

((I don't know, it seems awfully risky. By the way, what was the reason they're on that ship and not on our perfectly functioning ship again?))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12310 on: February 26, 2013, 03:42:31 pm »

((I don't know, it seems awfully risky. By the way, what was the reason they're on that ship and not on our perfectly functioning ship again?))

((Because reasons. And logic. And probably !!SCIENCE!! somehow.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12311 on: February 26, 2013, 03:52:37 pm »

((Wait, who's Bonnie and Clyde? What ship are they on? I'm confused.

SC: Oh. I shouldn't have asked. Spoilers.))
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:54:40 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12312 on: February 26, 2013, 03:52:37 pm »

(As near as I can tell, because they felt like trying it? ^^^;

@Same-posting-time ninja Thearpox: Jobasio and Flint are Bonnie and Clyde. they stole a UWM ship instead of getting on the HMRC ship.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:55:33 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12313 on: February 26, 2013, 05:45:00 pm »

(As near as I can tell, because they felt like trying it? ^^^;

@Same-posting-time ninja Thearpox: Jobasio and Flint are Bonnie and Clyde. they stole a UWM ship instead of getting on the HMRC ship.)
((Because it was another route to explore? Because it could offer extra tokens? Because it sounded like fun? Because I'm stupid like that?

Anyway, the guy with the changing face in the AM illusion said they never caught him. This reminds me of our serial killer. But then again there were probably thousands of shapeshifting abominations they never caught in this galaxy. Or maybe the armory master IS the shapeshifter they never caught because she volunteered or something like that. Ignore this paragraph of baseless speculation.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12314 on: February 26, 2013, 06:30:56 pm »

((Oh shit, I totally forgot about that guy! We never did catch him and he could indeed change his face. I think she might be using your own memories against you, which is pretty clever seeing how it's your own mind.))
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 2101