_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929355 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: I told you.
« Reply #12165 on: February 22, 2013, 06:19:49 pm »

((This scenario may end up with Maurice cheating on Simus. Not cool, man. Not cool.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12166 on: February 22, 2013, 06:33:17 pm »

(( Thanks, and uh?..
... For a second I expected the next line of your action to be "Stab Maurice in the chest:) Sure I will, of course. ))
With a puzzled look Maurice leaned even closer, while struggling to maintain the minimal polite distance.
Yes?
glance down and to the side, then look back up at maurice, open my mouth to start to say something, stop, and exhale. repeat five times times, right hand twitching very slightly in front of me. end up sighing while looking downwards. shake my head a little and mumble "andyou?".
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12167 on: February 22, 2013, 07:21:22 pm »

Maurice's smile turned bitter and ironic for a couple of moments as he stood silent, immersed in memories.
Didn't care about political views of the wounded I provided medical care to.
High treason, they said. Giving aid to the Enemy, they said. Still wondering if I perhaps should have joined those rebels from the beginning.

Warmness returned to his smile.
Oh, and I am Maurice Sanctor. Here, "MAURICE" in big block letters on my suit. And you?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12168 on: February 22, 2013, 07:38:34 pm »

Maurice's smile turned bitter and ironic for a couple of moments as he stood silent, immersed in memories.
Didn't care about political views of the wounded I provided medical care to.
High treason, they said. Giving aid to the Enemy, they said. Still wondering if I perhaps should have joined those rebels from the beginning.

Warmness returned to his smile.
Oh, and I am Maurice Sanctor. Here, "MAURICE" in big block letters on my suit. And you?
still looking down, shifting weight from foot to foot."Lyra"
a moment after saying this, restart walking to the first door on the left.

((the "forgive me" from the earlier post was because i knew my response was going to be pretty useless. although the full signals for the question were there at the time, it was perfectly understandable that you'd have trouble reading them.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12169 on: February 22, 2013, 07:52:39 pm »

Nice to meet you, Lyra.

((No problem. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12170 on: February 23, 2013, 12:15:59 am »

*sigh* "This is not going to end well."
Victor will now open fire on Ivan when all teammates are out of the collateral damage area AND Ivan is doing something that makes it difficult for him to dodge.
    The shots will be aimed at Ivan's legs and quickly sweep upwards so that they may catch Ivan in splash damage and/or deny an area if they are dodged.
If Ivan attacks the turret, detonate the magazine at the last minute.
Victor also calls every HMRC inmate on the ship other than Ivan via radio:

"Attention all HMRC units, please leave the recreation room unless you are willing to risk your life. Also, I will commence area denial munitions support the moment you are all out of the killzone. When my turret starts firing, use it as a chance to retreat or attack, I honestly doubt my weapon can kill that monstrosity. Also, please stay away from my turret as I have rigged it to detonate as a fail-deadly."
Unfortunately people are still in the way. One because he has a foot straight through his roboguts.

Well theres no chance in hell that im going anywhere near ivan so yeah... remove as many locker doors as possible, stop firing upon rolling a 1 or 2 unless no doors have been removed yet.

Use handywork to turn the first locker door into armor plating for my helmet and a removeable face plate.

[con:6+1]
You cut off Jim's door. An his neighbor's.And  all of the doors on this row. An then you cut them in half.

"...oh well."

You pick up some of the locker doors and start taping them to yourself. You are now lockerman, the flimsy.

((Whelp, rec room's a bloodbath. looks like the score currently is:
Ivan: 3
HMRC: 1
... I am so glad I'm not in there))

stand unmoving for a second and a half, simply looking and listening. (if Maurice wants to use this time to go through first, let him.)
then glance at Maurice, shrug, and cautiously step through the door and onto the path.
check if the door still exists behind me.
check if anything happens if i step off the path (unless intuition tells me this is a bad idea)
check if the eight doors are one-sided, same as the door we came through.
do not go out of arm's reach of Maurice for these tests

stop on the far side of the first door on the left, facing the door. place right hand on doorknob and wait for maurice. Assuming he comes to the same door, open it and look at what's inside. do not go through, do not frame myself in the doorway.

You step through the door. The door still exists. Ok. You poke a toe off the path. There's nothing there. Just an infinite fall. Not so ok. The doors, as far as you can see from here, with in arms length of Maurice, are all the same as the one you just stepped through.

You walk to the first door on the left but don't open it yet, since Maurice isn't with you.

((Well, crap. First strike missed.))

Anton's thoughts race through his head at breakneck speed. Solution, solution, every problem has a solution. First things first, get out of dodge, he gets up close you're toast. Following the sound advice of his brain, Anton leaves the vicinity of the VR machines, retreating back to the entrance of the Rec Room, taking cover behind the wall. From there, he continues to think. "Okay, the situation is bad. It's hard to hit him with a precision weapon, and he may be resistant to it regardless. Only choice is area attacks, concentrateable to high intensity. Lightning can do that, but it'll arc indiscriminately unless directed. Well, it's possible to conduct through the metal floor, like an area-attack, but he's resistant. I don't have enough power to so much as tickle him. Unless..."

Retreat to corridor. Intelligence/Intuition: Look around the corridor and into the Rec Room. Are there any primary power lines running anywhere around here? Any wire that can be loosed and used to create a makeshift spark gap of much greater power than what Anton has in his generator.
Minor problem: To get to that door you're gonna have to pass near Ivan. Not right past him, but a bit closer then you'd like to go. Unless of course you hug the wall; but thats gonna take time, longer then just sprinting for it. And every second here is another for him to notice you.

"Oh crap."
"She doesn't look too concerned..like not at all..", Zephyris thought as she ran back to the rec room.

Head back to the rec room. Shoot Ivan if no one's close to him.
You run back to the rec room and stop in the doorway. You raise your weapon and take aim but Ivan is awfully smart for a mindless beast; he's staying low,  behind the people he's attacking. You're off by even a bit and you're gonna be firing through your teammates.
Kill Ivan now.

((Since I have a robot body, about where's my brain?))
(in your chest, between where your collar bone and the bottom of your sternum would be.  It's encased in a solid metal braincase, so it's pretty protected.)

[str:2]
[Ivan str:6+2]

Ivan, realizing his foot is stuck in your gut, yanks it back. Hard. he takes most of whats in your lower body and breaks your artificial spine in the process.

[dex:4+1]
[ivan  dex:5+3]
[uncon:6+1]
[ivan end:5+2]

With his foot free Ivan is on the move in an instant, but even wounded as you are, falling on dead legs, you manage to get a swing at him with your blade. It bites into his shoulder and sinks in a good 4 inches until the frame gets caught on one of his armor spikes. His movement rips it free a moment later and you go tumbling back, taking a generous chunk of him with you.

Damnit, me, come to your senses! Make like a tree and get the hell out of here! Flee, you fool!

Try again to scorch Ivan's innards/center of mass.

[dex:3]
[ivan dex:1+3]
[ivan str:2+2]
[end:4]

Ivan catches you before you can use your weapon, but his shot hits you shallow. His claws cut across your chest, reach bone and break it. You go spinning with broken ribs and land face down, your magic calculator clattering away. Lucky for you, Ivan has more lively targets on his hands then to finish the job.

Regrow them. How much time is it going to take? But yeah, regrow. No question about that.

Indeed, a dire situation is one that calls for human contact. I should just ask about where to find The Doctor. Ask the person I am currently talking to where The Doctor is. Then head to where pointed. If the directions are not sufficient, ask another human being where to find him.

Regrow. Inquire to the time it takes. Ask where to find The Doctor and then find him.

(Once I find him.) Hello. I was wondering is it is possible to repair the damage to my Visual Cortex. Mine was damaged quite severelly, and as a result, I cannot see. The civilian medics at my home world could not solve the problem. (If yes.) How much will it cost me, and what will it involve?

Ask Doctor if it is possible, and if yes, to the cost and what it would involve.
"It won't take too long. Ears, lips, such things are simple. It would take you a while to grow back a leg, but a face...a day or so if you go into full treatment; a week under outpatient."

You thank the nurse and walk over to the doctor and ask your questions.  He catches you by the chin and you can feel his eyes on you.

"Civilian doctors. Cowards, weak of stomach and vision. No drive. How did it happen? The injury."

Take aim at Ivan. Try to distract him by yelling taunts.

((Well, that could have gone better. And Yoink, I sitting in front of him. For someone that fast, I am honestly surprised I'm still alive. For now at least.))
You grope blindly, trying to find your rifle with your one remaining arm while you very rapidly bleed out.

"COME AND GET ME YOU BASTARD!"

You shout at creature as you finally find the weapon an grasp it tight with blood slick fingers. You hold it up and see that a good third of the front of the weapon has been sliced clean off. You grit your teeth and point it shakily in the direction of the fighting, but there's a bank of vr machines and teammates in the way. And no guarantee the gun won't disco ball on you. You hesitate to pull the trigger.

(( Shit. It seems the fight erupted much sooner than I hoped, and will likely be over before I find my way out of this illusion. ))
Seeing the door open, Maurice turned his head to his ally, gave her a small nod and stepped through the door.
Sure, I could have let her go first...
...Especially since I might have a slightly better chance of surviving the hypothetical danger lying ahead...
...And if she got injured I could probably treat her later, and the opposite is rather unlikely...
... But I'll be damned if I use her - or anyone -  as a disposable meat shield to save my own ass.

Go through the door (first). Examine the area that lies beyond the door. Don't move away from my teammate further than a few meters, though.
If I may ask, what brought you to the 'Corps?
Doesn't seem as one who could commit a crime against the state or anger anyone. Sure, Magisters are no ordinary people, though...
Or did you - Maurice slightly frowned - volunteer?

You see basically the same thing as YOUR TOTALLY FEMALE COMPANION HA I REMEMBERED THIS TIME!

FUCK. I did say to wait. Oh, my. We have a super man here. Hey, try to hold him well, Doc may just repair your body. Or give you another one.

Keep bullet time on, giving priority to avoiding any blows coming from Ivan, and try to bisect him when a good opportunity aousars.

((Are Berserker Faith's bonus equal to an altered's? Does that mean that Faith may become like Ivan? We have to think about the safety of the team, you know.))
Ivan moves away from you, your mind is fast enough to see it but your body can't give chase. He's moving back, farther toward the VR machines.

take out laser rifle and  then head back and help in killing Ivan while hanging back.

You run back to the rec room and stand in the doorway along with another member. You hold your fire for the moment; Renen is in the way, but you've almost got a shot. If you wait just an moment...

((Ill just quickly modify my action to avoid another dam incident, Also Pyrodesu using excessive force is fun.))
Heat a small portion of Ivan (~the size of a pinhead) to 150 000 Kelvin, If he appears to be winning or approaches me and epmiricists weapon then heat an area half that size to 141*10^8 (Hopefully that would fry him) Also scince he is human based that means he has a high water content which means the heat will flash-boil his central mass
[dex:3]
[Ivan dex:5+3]
You don't even have time to complete a single equation before ivan has spun to face you, a wall of spined carapace trailing a spray of blue green hymolymph from a half blown off face and a ragged chunk carved from his shoulder. He drops almost to the ground, his legs swelling as massive bundles of muscle fiber compress Resilin, crushing thousands of foot pounds of force into organic springs elastomeric protein. And then he releases it.

[end:4]

The resulting tackle he hits you with packs the force of a runaway semitruck, all packed into the tip of 3 spikes on his good shoulder. The spines tear into your right side, puncturing the lung and breaking every rib, first in front and then on the way out.

And then you're flying, stuck to him as he sails straight through one of the VR  machines. Straight for the man who is yelling at him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12171 on: February 23, 2013, 12:23:06 am »

He catches you by the chin and you can feel his eyes on you.

"Civilian doctors. Cowards, weak of stomach and vision. No drive. How did it happen? The injury."
((I love the Doctor. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12172 on: February 23, 2013, 12:34:30 am »

You see basically the same thing as YOUR TOTALLY FEMALE COMPANION HA I REMEMBERED THIS TIME!
((*snicker*))

((Rec Room Scoreboard:
HMRC: 2
Ivan: 6
... i think you've got a problem))
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 12:55:08 am by Lenglon »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12173 on: February 23, 2013, 12:53:00 am »

Take a shot at Ivan with my gauss rifle, as long as there's not a less than half-dead ally in the way- if there is, wait for an opening.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12174 on: February 23, 2013, 01:09:16 am »

And then you're flying, stuck to him as he sails straight through one of the VR  machines. Straight for the man who is yelling at him.

((Not the VR machines! Not again! Right when the mission I'm on is wrapping up!))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12175 on: February 23, 2013, 01:32:15 am »

"Damn it!"
I finally have a clear shot at the target but someone's pinned to him...
If I take the shot, it probably wouldn't dodge it in time. However, the other person might get caught in the blast.
If I let the target attack my teammate, the person stuck to him and the wounded person will probably die.

"To the person pinned to the cicada, would you like me to try and give you more time to get off? It may kill you, but it may give you more time."

If the pinned person (Corsair) declines:
Victor fires at the ground that will be right behind Ivan by the time the bullet hits. The location is close enough to catch Ivan in legs with splash damage but far away enough not to severely harm anyone else (minor burns are fine).

If the pinned person (Corsair) accepts:

Victor fires a shot ahead of Ivan to create a blast between Ivan and the wounded unit (Kisame). He ensures that Ivan has a chance to dodge the blast at the cost of temporarily stopping his attack on the wounded unit. If Ivan tries to go around the blast to attack, Victor will fire a second shot to block off Ivan's path.

Regardless of circumstance if Ivan attacks the turret, Victor will detonate the magazine at the last possible moment.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 04:15:38 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12176 on: February 23, 2013, 02:16:42 am »

((Well ummm))
Get off the hyper realistic murder-coaster"Whatever plan you have victor I am happy to do whatever as long as Ivan dying is somehow part of that plan"
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 02:22:30 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12177 on: February 23, 2013, 02:23:20 am »

"Understood. Commencing area denial."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12178 on: February 23, 2013, 03:45:43 am »

((Not the VR machines! Not again! Right when the mission I'm on is wrapping up!))
((Uh oh. We're in for some Thunderdome style shenanigans if we're still allowed in there but only a few are operational by the time we get back.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12179 on: February 23, 2013, 03:47:44 am »

Store my remaining half doors in or in front of my locker, try to find some tools that i can use to shape the doors into useable armor. stay away from the rec room.
Once tools are found buy a large bag of bolts from the armory master and set to work on shaping and fitting the armor, engrave ivans face on the faceplate for protection.

I gotta get me some properly shaped armor affixed with something stronger than duct tape...
Lockerman the flimsy may be awesome, but Dorf the Lockerknight stands a much better chance of survival.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 2101