_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929848 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: I told you.
« Reply #12330 on: February 26, 2013, 11:51:46 pm »

Repairs are gonna need parts, remember? And you lack parts and tokens.
Identify the fault in any case. There may be enough wrecked hardware in the rec room to scavenge something, but identifying what parts are needed first is required. Try not to remove anything that can't be easily put back in the process.

Afterwards mount the generator back and do a final checkup on the rest of the thing, checking that all connections and switches are to spec.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:26:19 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12331 on: February 27, 2013, 12:02:19 am »

((I'm so off and on with this thread. I'm like a streecar with a *jolt* bad fuse *jolt* or something *jolt* (this analogy sucks *jolt*) )
Remember where I am and stuff.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:04:28 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12332 on: February 27, 2013, 01:20:00 am »

re-summon Blue, shut the door, and back away from it

turn to face the empty-handed Maurice, and stand still looking at him for 5 seconds. walk around behind him. sit down with my back to Maurice, and curl my knees up close to my chest. wrap my arms around my knees and rest my head on my knees while I stare blankly at Blue bobbing in my hand.

"Thought is in your mind, so are we. Think it, and it is where we are."

give Maurice a logical explanation for what he is trying to work ((NOT a speech or int roll, just summarizing the action in bold so pw doesn't miss it)

Repairs are gonna need parts, remember? And you lack parts and tokens.
Identify the fault in any case. There may be enough wrecked hardware in the rec room to scavenge something, but identifying what parts are needed first is required.

Afterwards mount the generator back and do a final checkup on the rest of the thing, checking that all connections and switches are to spec.

((talk to me when i get my mind back if you still are having parts trouble))

((btw, nik, you haven't told Lyra enough for her to know this, but you're doing it wrong, i can explain via meta if you want but that's kinda cheating.))
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 01:54:42 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12333 on: February 27, 2013, 02:16:46 am »

Think? Like in, just think, nothing more, nothing less? All right, I'll try that.
Think of a book of poetry lying in my hand.

(( Nah, let's see if this can be solved in-character. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12334 on: February 27, 2013, 02:23:25 am »

Think? Like in, just think, nothing more, nothing less? All right, I'll try that.
Think of a book of poetry lying in my hand.

(( Nah, let's see if this can be solved in-character. ))
"no, it's already in front of you. look down."

trick Maurice into thinking he already succeeded, making him naturally assume the reality of whatever it is he's spawning
((well, lyra didn't actually get any information from that statement so... good luck?))
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:26:21 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12335 on: February 27, 2013, 03:31:47 am »

Anyone care to bet on this turns ivan vs lockerlot outcome?
Options are:
A)i live
B)i die
C)i perma die
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12336 on: February 27, 2013, 03:40:26 am »

((Can I vote for severe maiming?

Either way, unless the other people shoot and/or slash Ivan further, you're pretty much done for. He's too strong for you to just break from melee range.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12337 on: February 27, 2013, 03:51:50 am »

the bet is for just this next turn coming though so if i can tank his attack or he gets shot enough to simply swap targets then for the purposes of the bet i would live even if i bleed out the turn after.

Im willing to take the maiming bet, is one token acceptable?

Criteria for "severe" maiming would be disembowelment, loss of limb?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12338 on: February 27, 2013, 04:15:31 am »

((I can't bet, I can only vote. No tokens. :P))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12339 on: February 27, 2013, 04:32:28 am »

((Ill accept payment post mission :P))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12340 on: February 27, 2013, 05:21:41 am »

"Not healed yet." The doctor's voice cuts in from somewhere beyond the haze of dark green. "Still regenerating. Eyes not adjusted yet. Will need glasses for a time. Still, visual cortex regeneration went nicely."

There is a pause.

"You still remember who you are, right? No memory loss? No brain damage? Just checking."
I believe I'm good. Although on my home-world it is customary to answer this question with "My tail is doing great, although my carapace is itching." But thank you for the operation, good doctor. You're a walking miracle. If I was prone to emotional outbursts...

But that's me. Care to tell me about yourself? How you came here? Why?

Chat with The Doctor (text above). Follow Doctor's instructions. Look around to understand what the place looks like.

((And now I'm chatting and joking with The Doctor. This can't end well.

And thanks to everyone for allaying my concerns. I do find it funny that the most stout protector of the game balance is another player. Not that I'm complaining.

And Yay! One more defender (turret) defeated. And another one on his way. But I do believe we have a confirmation that AM will protect anyone in her custody from Ivan. Not that I ever believed otherwise.))

(( Off-topic: The Schools are closed today due to snow storm!!!  :D :D :D))
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 03:20:34 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12341 on: February 27, 2013, 05:41:23 am »

((The turret isn't completely neutralized, it's magazine is a potent explosive. If someone *cough*Renen*cough* manages to attach that to Ivan, 22 rounds worth of propellants and bullets will erupt into him at point blank.))
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:49:53 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #12342 on: February 27, 2013, 08:31:59 am »

((No wrong answer my amp. If I'm not careful, that thing'll turn me into an Altered, and then we're back to square -∞. Got to think over the answer.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12343 on: February 27, 2013, 08:35:29 am »

((Remember, it should take a bit for the altered personality to become dominant, and you won't be as strong as Ivan, because you just turned. Ivan has had around five or six missions to "evolve" and become what he is now.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12344 on: February 27, 2013, 10:27:22 am »

((If Renen attaches the explosives, how can we detonate it after everybody has gotten far from Ivan so they won't be caught by the explosion?))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 2101