_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930341 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11235 on: January 04, 2013, 05:40:06 am »

((Who needs a kinetic shunt when you can just use a vector field manipulator? A Vector Field Manipulator would allow you to create virtually endless amounts of kinetic energy, electrical energy and magnetic energy in addition to allowing you to manipulate gravity. Between those four, why would you need anything else? Hook that manipulator up to a generator (heck, you could even operate that with the VFM) and you've got yourself a limitless energy source.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11236 on: January 04, 2013, 06:09:59 am »

Filter by UWM victories with even or smaller odds of happening.
((I.e., the opponent doesn't matter as long as the UWM commander had to make an effort to achieve that victory.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11237 on: January 04, 2013, 07:25:25 pm »

Figure out where I am.
What?! Who!? Where?!!

((Its been a few weeks. :l))
You jerk up out of bed, screaming. You had the most horrible dream that you were trapped in this poorly defined spaceship place and were being forced to do missions to try and survive and...oh...damn it.

"In that case, I would like some flammable drugs that can still adversely affect people when burnt in small quantities. Preferably ones that release thick fumes that I can cover my movements with. Which would you recommend for that purpose?"
((I'm thinking of carrying packets of drugs with me into combat, that way I can use them to test for traps in the same way Milno did using the scrap metal. I also intend to burn them to use them to conceal movements and get human enemies high.))

"Making some rainbow bombs?" The Armory master says, lowering her book, "UWM has used those a few times, smoke grenades that aerosolize hallucinogens.  Good for pacifying a crowd but not so much for dispersing them. Also took them a while to get the dispersal system right. I think they still had problems with overdosing and or the drugs not taking effect. Anyways, we sell those pre-made if you want some. Or do you want just the drugs?"

Stumbling out of the stasis pod Zephy looked around when she remembered her last job and its aftermath.
"So this is it then", she mumbled, "Can't believe they got so worked up about that..incident. It's not like I killed him.."

Look around, clean off that gooey stuff and put on some clothes; then wander around the ship a bit to get to know its layout

((Oh btw, one thing that eluded me since I focused on the mission thread..what exactly happend to Elizas?))
You get dressed and then get acquainted with the layout of the ship. Seems there's an armory, a research lab-it's closed off but there are men near it,one of which appears to be selling things-, a hanger, a rec room/mess hall, an infirmary, a briefing area and the barracks.

Wake up then head for the rec room and get some food.
You get a whole heaping plate full of "Some food" and sit down at one of the tables.

Spawn a main gun from the Sword. Explode mode.

((Awww. Oh well. Could always use it as a practical joke.))
The Sword itself doesn't have a file. You might be able to find the schematics to a similar gun or ship if you knew what to look for though.

((Ok lets see....))

-add a proximity sensor (some sort of computer or AI?)that simply causes the shunt to target anything posessing a kinetic or potential kinetic energy of over 2500 newtons within 1 inch of the "contact" (read; armour) and "suck ?" all the kinetic energy out of it which is then shunted through a kinetic amp and stored using a second shunt.

- The effect should appear as if anything travelling fast enough to trigger this would slow to an almost complete stop

- The major problem is if I were to have a planet move towards me from more than 1 inch away The field would activate sucking up all of the planets momentum leaving it hanging, thus causing it to suddenly freeze or crash into something as the rest of the universe moves around us at speeds that could be theoretically equal to or larger than the speed of light...

Few things here. First, adding that sensor means modifying the shunt, which is no-no, at least in the program. Second, the shunt requires you to actually activate the shunt manually. It requires a roll to function as well. It also has a limited battery and capacity to absorb energy. It can tank a nuke but not a planet.

Filter by UWM victories with even or smaller odds of happening.
((I.e., the opponent doesn't matter as long as the UWM commander had to make an effort to achieve that victory.))

I'm guessing by "effort" you mean a hard fought and hard won battle not just that he had to repeatedly shoot the planet 50 times before the target went away?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11238 on: January 04, 2013, 07:31:28 pm »

"I'd rather take the drugs themselves, that way I can use the packets themselves to check for traps or use them as improvised molotovs. Plus if any of my teammates start acting like idiots and endanger the mission, I could always give them a small dose of something like a bluesmoke to neutralize them. Sorry for taking up your time, but I would also like to inquire about whether it is possible to obtains vials of blood or substances that ressemble blood."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11239 on: January 04, 2013, 08:27:58 pm »

Hmm..

Go to the research lab and see what they sell, if I meet someone on the way (if not just ask the guys at the research lab) ask where i could get some hair ties
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 10:36:00 am by MutzelRX »
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11240 on: January 04, 2013, 10:12:57 pm »

Remember all the gear and items I have on me, and how my new body works (I vaguely remember some sort of morphing limbs and crap), then rush outside and find the rec room. Punch walls.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11241 on: January 05, 2013, 09:47:15 am »

Eat the food then go sit on couch and watch competitive knife throwing.

"Steve, what are the names of my fellow teamates who are on ship?"

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11242 on: January 05, 2013, 11:30:18 am »

Put the sphere back, and go sleep a bit.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11243 on: January 05, 2013, 12:36:39 pm »

"I'd rather take the drugs themselves, that way I can use the packets themselves to check for traps or use them as improvised molotovs. Plus if any of my teammates start acting like idiots and endanger the mission, I could always give them a small dose of something like a bluesmoke to neutralize them. Sorry for taking up your time, but I would also like to inquire about whether it is possible to obtains vials of blood or substances that ressemble blood."
"I don't know of any that burn very well on their own and produce a gas that will be thick enough to hide in and also get people high. At least not on their own. You could play around in tinker to try and figure out something to cut it with, so to speak, that would let you do that.

As per blood, I can supply the vials but you'd have to find somewhere else to get the blood.  If it just has to resemble it in looks, go for the old standard; Corn syrup, food coloring and water."

Hmm..

Go to the research lab and see what they sell, if I meet someone on the way (if not just ask the guys at the research lab) ask where i could get some hair ties
The man seated at the kiosk beside the research lab doors tells you they don't sell anything. He does however provide you with some rubber bands for hair ties.

"Hey, you want to buy something?" A man standing against the wall a bit away from the research lab yells. "I got stuff." He kicks a large crate by his feet.

Remember all the gear and items I have on me, and how my new body works (I vaguely remember some sort of morphing limbs and crap), then rush outside and find the rec room. Punch walls.
Preadator laser thingy
3 token
MK I.

Your body is basically comprised of segmented metal sections that allow you to bend in pretty much any direction. Think Doc. Oct's arms but thats you're whole body;limbs, torso, everything.

You run out and punch a wall. That wall was punched. You punched it so good.

Eat the food then go sit on couch and watch competitive knife throwing.

"Steve, what are the names of my fellow teamates who are on ship?"

>Why, are you compiling a hit list?

You shovel grayish food matter into your face and giggle as some shmuck catches a knife with his sternum.

Put the sphere back, and go sleep a bit.
You finish doing whatever it is you were doing and go pass out in the barracks. You feel strangely like the universe may have forgotten exactly what you were up to. Oh well.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11244 on: January 05, 2013, 12:45:17 pm »

"No it's just so I know their names. Also, do you think that something isn't right about the mission?"

Finish food then go back onto VR. Spawn a armour shrike, a ramp and several passive immobile mechs then try to use ramp to jump above the other mechs and drop kick one.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11245 on: January 05, 2013, 04:00:46 pm »

Zephyris went over to the guy while tieing her hair into a simple ponytail.
"Define 'stuff', what do you have?"

In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11246 on: January 05, 2013, 06:11:03 pm »

"Okay, thanks."
Victor walks to the VR machines, after examining the available options, he selects Tinker and loads up a Crystalline Projector. Leaving that aside for now, he spawns eight dummy targets. Two of them are wearing MkII, two are wearing MkII MkIII, two are wearing police-issued bullet-proof vests, the last two are robots. He then spawns one fired crystalline projector shot for each of the units. For each armor type, one of the shots is traveling at normal speeds, the other is traveling at the speed it would be if it was propelled by some sort of directed explosion (i.e. fired out of a gun by the detonation of a propellent). Each shot is flying towards their respective target's chest at the same angle from the same distance. Analyze the results, specifically in regards to whether there is any significant damage difference between the two speeds.
Do the above.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:50:47 pm by Empiricist »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11247 on: January 05, 2013, 06:23:45 pm »

((You mean MKIII for the second ones right?))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11248 on: January 05, 2013, 06:50:20 pm »

((Yes. Thank you. I'll edit my post.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11249 on: January 06, 2013, 09:25:26 am »

((@Harry Baldman: the field manipulator I believe that you are thinking of is the UFM, that requires 20 int to use thus putting it far out of my range it is also extremely expensive, although the vector feild can be highly destructive if used along with advanced quantum theory namely by ascertaining the exact position of the particles in an object causing it to spontaneously desintegrate, this is also true for the reverse this is caused by the speed or position of the particle becoming more unknown the more precisely the other is ascertained.))

Ok, Ill hook the shunt into the armour (Mk II) and have an additional battery stored in the armour that can be exchanged with a used battery.
Then attach an amplifier to allow for the energy to go further thus allowing less hits to produce more kinetic energy, Then remove the battery from the shunt and separate it with a CPU inbetween that only allows a flow of electricity into the shunt when a force of over 2500 newtons and under 10 000 000 newtons is detected.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 2101