_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932251 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11220 on: January 02, 2013, 11:03:43 pm »

((Welcome aboard.

You will die.

But I'm guessing by your sig you already knew that. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11221 on: January 02, 2013, 11:06:38 pm »

((Welcome to the forums to the HMRC. Enjoy your stay and all that jazz. :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11222 on: January 03, 2013, 12:42:40 am »

((Oh, look a medic! This should help our missions a bit. Not taking into account the rolls, that is. But we will see yet. Welcome to the HMRC.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11223 on: January 03, 2013, 02:53:33 am »

Victor falls out of the cryo pod, coughing the last of the pod's fluid out of his lungs. After ensuring that his contact lenses were still in place, he puts on some clothing.
Put on some clothes, head towards the armory and approach to kiosk.
"Hello, are there any drugs that are available here? How much do they cost and how much can I take with me on missions?"

You get dressed and head to the armory, posing your question to the armory master once you get there.

"Yes, Nothing-most of the time- and as much as you you can carry. In that order."

((Hmm not sure if I communicated correctly what I was planning, Any way ill elaborate and perform an experiment that could break the concept of "Energy cannot be created or destroyed".))

In VR
-Connect the input of the input of a kinetic shunt to the curiass of the Mk II chest (do this by programming/connecting the
shunt to the curiass by using it as advertised although instead of tying the output to the suit/user (as far as I can understand from the                           description of how it is meant to work) it would be tied to the input area of the kinetic amp which would store the amplified energy for future  use

-And for the experiment I would like to setup a kinetic amp and a kinetic shunt on either side of a hypothetical indestructible panel then have the kinetic shunt out connected to the amp in and the amp out connected to one side of the panel while on the other side the shunt is connected to the antipodes of the amp out.

Out of VR
-Check what is allowed in the modification of field modulators.

Well the kinetic amp doesn't store kinetic force for later, so thats not gonna work. You could use the shunt to store that energy and then route it into the amp  as a method of imparting force  to the amp rather then just punching with it though.

As per those restrictions, gameplay wise you're free to try, but universe wise the powers that be have a universal dislike toward anything having to do with modifying manipulators, amps or anything related to them.

((Well, I was trying to make something like a pair of long-fall boots. If I strapped a pair of kinetic amps to my boots, turned them on, and jumped off a building, as long as I landed on the amps, would I be okay/not dead?))

The answer is pretty much this:
((It just doesn't apply the *reactive* part of the force multiplication back to you- just the original force.  So yes, you'd splatter... but probably be standing in a nice crater.  I'm curious as to the impact of that sort of thing.))
You don't catch that "reactive" force, but you would catch the "starting" force.

Alright. After countless hours of reading this I think I'll join in after all!

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Another Escaped Lunatic come to play. Welcome aboard and thanks for not naming your character Jack or Mason or any other name we already have running around.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11224 on: January 03, 2013, 03:01:16 am »

Figure out where I am.
What?! Who!? Where?!!

((Its been a few weeks. :l))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11225 on: January 03, 2013, 03:06:27 am »

"In that case, I would like some flammable drugs that can still adversely affect people when burnt in small quantities. Preferably ones that release thick fumes that I can cover my movements with. Which would you recommend for that purpose?"
((I'm thinking of carrying packets of drugs with me into combat, that way I can use them to test for traps in the same way Milno did using the scrap metal. I also intend to burn them to use them to conceal movements and get human enemies high.))
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:11:58 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11226 on: January 03, 2013, 05:40:43 am »

Stumbling out of the stasis pod Zephy looked around when she remembered her last job and its aftermath.
"So this is it then", she mumbled, "Can't believe they got so worked up about that..incident. It's not like I killed him.."

Look around, clean off that gooey stuff and put on some clothes; then wander around the ship a bit to get to know its layout

((Oh btw, one thing that eluded me since I focused on the mission thread..what exactly happend to Elizas?))
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11227 on: January 03, 2013, 05:43:00 am »

(Elisaz is May. He got partially destroyed by the Armory Master and at his request got a sex change. Also, welcome the forums. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11228 on: January 03, 2013, 05:55:56 am »

((More specifically, this, then this, then some time passed and finally this.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11229 on: January 03, 2013, 07:22:34 am »

Wake up then head for the rec room and get some food.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11230 on: January 03, 2013, 10:28:47 am »

Spawn a main gun from the Sword. Explode mode.

((Awww. Oh well. Could always use it as a practical joke.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11231 on: January 04, 2013, 03:40:15 am »

((Ok lets see....))

-add a proximity sensor (some sort of computer or AI?)that simply causes the shunt to target anything posessing a kinetic or potential kinetic energy of over 2500 newtons within 1 inch of the "contact" (read; armour) and "suck ?" all the kinetic energy out of it which is then shunted through a kinetic amp and stored using a second shunt.

- The effect should appear as if anything travelling fast enough to trigger this would slow to an almost complete stop

- The major problem is if I were to have a planet move towards me from more than 1 inch away The field would activate sucking up all of the planets momentum leaving it hanging, thus causing it to suddenly freeze or crash into something as the rest of the universe moves around us at speeds that could be theoretically equal to or larger than the speed of light...
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11232 on: January 04, 2013, 03:47:32 am »

- The major problem is if I were to have a planet move towards me from more than 1 inch away The field would activate sucking up all of the planets momentum leaving it hanging, thus causing it to suddenly freeze or crash into something as the rest of the universe moves around us at speeds that could be theoretically equal to or larger than the speed of light... [/b]
((Assuming the sensor detects difference between speeds, you should be fine, since the planet would be pushing you in the same direction which means that the difference in speed would be quite low. Also, the field might not be able to stop an entire planet. If the field could cancel out momentum like that, you could consider just using it to cancel out the momentum of your enemies so that they crash into something or get removed from the planet.))
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:09:19 am by Empiricist »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11233 on: January 04, 2013, 04:27:52 am »

((The problem is that the kinetic energy of the planet is extremely large so in order to stop myself essentially becoming a 'god' and also locking off a few important activities vital for my survival ill have to input a differentiation that means if the force were to act on me it would have to when acting on me have a force greater than 2500~ newtons in order for it to be stopped. Also it seems that an amp or shunt can handle a near infinite amount of kinetic energy their only limit is that there arent any materials that can withstand such punishment. Also when I get 20 int im going to experiment with using a U.F.M. to convert almost any form of energy into kinetic energy.))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11234 on: January 04, 2013, 05:08:53 am »

((Perhaps as well as setting a minimum kinetic energy value you could also set up a maximum kinetic energy value, it seems unlikely after all that anything your enemy has would have the kinetic energy of an entire planet. So as long as that maximum kinetic energy value is lower than that of anything that you would not want to stop but higher than that of any projectile, you should be fine.

I wonder if a kinetic shunt could absorb the kinetic energy muscles produce, if so, that would allow you to drain the energy a person's heart tissue produces thus stopping their heart.))
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 2101