_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5939823 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8415 on: October 10, 2012, 01:34:29 pm »

Oh shit....
"EVERYBODY ARMOURY, STUCK HELP OVER!"
Batter down the door.
[will:4+1]
You back up, ready to get a good running start to try and batter down the door, when you feel something tingling on the back of your neck. You jump back and scramble into a corner, looking around like mad. The source of the tingle seems to be frayed wire hanging down out of a rusted hole in the ceiling. Wait...was that hole and that wire there earlier?
Milno breathed in once again, trying to remind himself of who he was. There was no doubt he was Milno Enedrasi, one of the Bastards and member of the HMRC, one of the retards who were sent to fetch shiny trinkets or die in the name of that shitty government. Damn. It. He expelled the air slowly, wondering if he was doomed to having his mind fiddled for the entirety of the time he was part of the Corps, never catching a break even to design anything in the ship; the trouble just had to come to him.

In a darker tone, he also wondered what would happen if he lost that duel with the exterior force taking over him. Would his mind be forever lost and he would be trapped in an illusion forever, his body nothing more than an empty husk? Or would he become someone like Faith, a freak with something which just didn't belong to a normal brain churning inside it?

If it gets to that point, I'll be sure to shoot my fucking brains off. he thought darkly, his resolve steeled to never let one of those alien influences take a part of his brain as their home. Better have his gray matter splattered all over the wall than having it shared by one of those filthy mindscrewing presences.

Try to snap out of it once more.

Even if it was real, it just meant his mind was in a place it wasn't supposed to be. He had to fix that problem.
[will:4+1]
The world you're used to comes back in an instant, a blinding flash of reality. You blink and look around, still in the airlock. You try to take a step but feel something holding you back, wrapped around your throat. You tug it off; it's a bit of wire, frayed at the end, hanging from a slightly ajar panel above you.
(Milno's coms and wristpad communications work again)
Character sheet for Ash, a direct expy from my other adventure, 'cept this time she's in the future and is a full on action girl.

Name: Ashley Oak
Appearance: Average height, dark brown hair cut short but long enough to look feminine, slender with slight muscle build, almost no breasts.
Personal information:
Ash was a special agent, which mean those people who work behind the scenes to blow things up, sabotage a warmachine, and any kind of work that make life hard for the enemy of her faction, until she was tangled in a plot to silence a few political opponents, her leaders then decided to arrest her to maintain peace and keep the operation secret. She was contemplating suicide when she heard of HMRC, and while she heard of gruesome tales, she is pretty sure it's still a more fun way to go out than dying quietly. She also have some minor psychic powers such as seeing the future in a dream, and her dreams are so vivid it seemed that they're other realities. (thus why she considered suicide)
Reason assigned to HMRC: Treason, kind of
Stats:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Skills:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Profession: Mercenary (+1 to intuition and conventional weapons, -1 to medical tech and handiwork)
Looks alright, though those psychic powers of yours don't really exist in this universe, at least not naturally in humans. Feel free to still roleplay 'em but officially in universe it's just gonna be either delusions or psychosis.
"Holy shit... the fuck are you laughing at, robutt. Felt like a spiker crawled down my throat.

Dicern whether or not I feel different. Besides pain.

Lukas does not respond and only claps his hand in excitement, like an eight year old girl watching a clown make puppies out of balloons.
Looks like the doctor found himself the right kinda assistant.
"Damnit!" Floki gave up on his search of the kitchen, grabbed his mallet and meat cleaver, then hustled (well, as close as possible whilst floating) down to the barracks, glancing up occasionally at the signs to check he was headed the right way.
"Don't wanta be breathin' vacuum when shit goes south..."

>Ransack the barracks, busting open lockers etcetera until I find one a' them handy space suits!
There are no lockers in the barracks. The lockers are in the hanger-well, not technically, they're in a room adjoining to the hanger, but they're only accessible via the hanger.
Faith gave an exasperated sigh.

"And what was that supposed to accomplish?" she asked Travis, obviously irritated. She grabbed the cables from him and plugged them back in.

"I'm here, Feyri," she then said. "Nice to hear Milno's missing, but who's Lars? Where were they when last we saw them? Does anyone know?

I repeat: If you've seen Milno or Lars recently, speak up."

Plug TV back in. Observe results.
You plug the tv back in and, unsurprisingly, it turns back on. The picture it displays is different now: the same room and area by the look of it, but now the "camera" is looking at the man in the chair from the side.
[Location: Docking Bay]

On sitting through the fully automatic flight Ash has considered hijacking the ship for a couple of times, but the magisters probably thought of that, and who knows, maybe the ship is rogged to explode if she try something stupid. And so she sat in her passenger's seat scribbling random things on her notepad thatshe had requested for recreational purpose while wondering what would happen if some aliens decided to raid the ship and find out that the only passenger inside is a girl.

Things didn't improve on her arrival either, as suddenly the ship was declared on lockdown. She was supposed to head first to the briefing room, but this is just too ridiculous.

> Find random people to inquire what the hell is going on
Like I said, you show up in the barracks. Everyone who is either drafted or signs up for the HMRC gets thrown in a stasis pod when the ship docks and are slowly brought out one at a time as needed. Technically those pods are locked down right now too, but for the sake of being able to play, we'll just assume you were dumped out before the lock down and have just been laying around unconscious next to the pods till this point. You are also naked. It happens a lot around here.
Think logically. Try finding my way once more. Also, as I walk, look around for Renen.
[private to Renen]Renen, can you give me any description of where you are?
[int:2]
"Fucked. I'm fucked. Totally fucked." You mutter to yourself, wandering around, utterly lost.
"Well...Lars' signal went blank. Milno's did too. Didn't know our suits did this until...now.

"So I guess they did go off alone."
Feyri replied, making sure the comm channel was broadcasted to the others with suits.

"If anyone wants, I'm taking Faith as my buddy. After you, then?"

Tag along with Faith in examining the halls for any type of anomaly -- shifts in appearance, any movements...I have no faceplate down and IronyOwl has. :3
You wait for faith to finish with the tv, all ready and able to go scour some dark, seldom used crevices with her.
"Sod this. There's absolutely nothing at the Research Labs from what I can see. I'm going to check the west side (the left side of Feyri's map) of the Briefing room."

Go to the Briefing room's doors. Check to see how well they're sealed. Check for any major fuckups on reality (or than the normal ones). Hit door with sledgehammer to check. If doors are closed, with no reality fuckups, start making way back to Rec room. Standing order to punch Floki in the head with kinetic amp if he attacks me are still in effect but expanded. Standing orders for my reactions are now expanded to "Punch Floki as hard as possible in the head with kinetic amp if he tries to attack me or anyone else, regardless of success or intention of his attack."

(( West Side, mother-fucker! ))

"Actually, can everyone start checking the doors, every where. From what I've seen here so far, there's at least a few pinko freakout nutbags on this ship. Who the hell said we're not all fucked up on their psychosis supply. Check the damn doors. Fucking pinkos! Check 'em."

Edit: generalized referance to reality, pinkos, and a possible mass psychosis. Fucking freak out pricks, they'll do anything. Kill 'em. Kill 'em all. With a tank. Kaboom-shanka!!!!!
Ahhhhhhh. I feel fine now. :)
You head to the briefing room, or at least the doors to the briefing room, and examine them. They look like they've just closed normally, there's no physical seal or anything on them, just the standard bulkhead doors. You give them a love tap with the hammer and they seem solid enough, so you head back to the rec room, empty handed.
Quote from: Subject Nineteen Dash Three
Attempting to link camera feeds to Feyri now. Does anyone else want me to attempt to link up?

Per her request, Jim attempts to link the camera feeds - mainly the ones where his eyes would be - to Feyri's HUD, as well as anyone else who asks.
You link up the camera feeds while  you wait, getting a feed from her camera in turn.
[Doctor Sandvich concludes that, indeed, there is nothing anomalous around, at least by his standards; though those are probably not shared by his fellow humans. Shrugging, he heads off to the Rec Room while pondering over what a superior lifeform would do.
You return to the rec room, deep in thought. [int:5-1] Eh, probably evolve beyond a physical body and play chess in the astral plane or something else equally bullshitty.
Stacy turns to Jim, who seems to have a plan. "Are you sure? If you're thinking of opening the door, know that there might be a vacuum on the other side. Could kill a lot of people, you know. Oh well. I suppose that's your business."
Proceed to the armory. Try to figure out if it would make sense for the controller of the ship to shut off gravity in this area and whether it's even possible to selectively shut off gravity in a single area of the ship. Suspect possible alien treachery if it wouldn't make sense or is impossible.
[int:3+1]
Hmm well artificial gravity is made possible by Large scale field manipulators, so selectively deactivating gravity is entirely possible. As per why they would do it, hard to say. Maybe it's just part of the standard procedure for such things?

I'm in a strange place, looks like a maze. Hey, does this suits have a kind of GPS or anything that allows us to look for each other? Two people are better for finding exits.

Look for Maurice, try opening some dors in the way.

((Renen is with his suit. He didn't take it off when he got back.))
All the doors you find are locked tight, but your random wandering does actually eventually lead you to bump into Maurice as he wanders with equal lack of direction. Huh.
Try to not die. Again.

((There is a god of internal bleeding?))
(Yep. He's part of the medic pantheon, along with Hadesh, god of external bleeding, Hal'el, God of broken bones, and a few others. The HMRC has been around so long, had so many people in it of varying cultures, that it's own religion and pantheon has formed over the centuries using bits culled from countless times and places. It's an odd thing, since it often completely disappears when all it's adherents die, only to pop up again later when someone else finds some record of it.)

The pain subsides after a few minutes and you're left sweating but oddly, not panting. In fact, it seems like it's been minutes since you've taken a breath at all.
That's more of an auxiliary system, but damn if I won't try.

Link suit feeds between everyone possible.
[aux:3-1]
You can't even find the option to do something like that.

[Location:  Mindfuck Central Station]

Steve chose an odd way to make his appearance.  But everything here is so... old.  Not really connected to modernity.  Does he like this?  Am I sure what I am seeing?  There is supposed to be an anomaly present, and there's no response... what could it be?

Attempt to communicate with figure.  Failing that, discern if whoever it is is alive or not.
You try again to talk to the man, but he doesn't respond. You reach out and touch his shoulder and he slumps over, the glare on his helmet vanishing. It's hard to tell, he's practically mummified, but somehow you know, even with his skin gray and dehydrated as it is. The man in the suit is you.
(In the rec room.)

"Look, somebody's going to have to go into the ducts that knows how to use a weapon, and oh look a message."
Grab my gear and get my MkII suit on.
"Well, maybe hard vacuum will kill whatever's in there."
If your gear is in the lockers you're gonna have a hard time at that.
(Rec room)

"Okay, so outside the picture, really nobody has noticed anything out of the usual? What's that about the TV and clues? And what's that message? Who is Subject 19-3? Hangar doors? If he manages that, and there's a vacuum..."

Send the following to this Subject 19-3:
>Belay potentially exposing this section of the ship to vacuum, please. There may be leads in the area we would be unable to follow, assuming we survive.

If I am told about the TV, examine how it could be getting a signal.

Well, the tv has two cords coming out of it. One is for power, as Faith so nicely demonstrated. The other must be for the signal.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: October 10, 2012, 01:49:31 pm »

Examine door to the armory. Figure out if there's any way to manually open it through clever manipulation of door technology. Failing that, try to remember or figure out how the door mechanism might work.
"Dang doors, why do they have to be locked all the time? It's almost infuriating how everything around here gets locked in case of an emergency. I mean, how are peace-loving, Steve-fearing men and women of the people supposed to get around in this substandard situation?"
Rant loudly to vent frustration at increasing lack of reasonable ways to convey myself anywhere meaningful.
((I wonder if the field manipulators are automated to a limited degree or Steve just runs them all on his own.
Also, one of my very favorite things about Einsteinian Roulette - the layers upon layers of fun lore.))
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 02:05:03 pm by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: October 10, 2012, 02:08:45 pm »

Lars jumped backwards.  Okay, this isn't Steve, because Steve was just talking to him.  Why would he be looking at his dead self?

Steve must be testing him.  Logical.

Briefly freak out, then try to deduce the purpose of the illusion and test.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8418 on: October 10, 2012, 02:44:12 pm »

"Hey Steve, any news on the lockdown? I'd check my pad, but I'm kinda tied up at the moment. And you stop giggling. Creeps me out. Less than me not knowing when I last took a breath but still. Stop it."

Try to breath. Any more pain incoming? If not, shout for the Doc.

"Hey Doc! I stopped breathing, is that normal?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: October 10, 2012, 03:18:50 pm »

Watch what's on TV. Try and take in every detail. Keep an eye out for Floki, with standing reaction orders still in effect.

"Hey everyone, the picture on the telly's changed. We can see the guy from the side now. Wow, it's amazing. It's like he must have two friggen handy cams and a uni-grad cinematography student putting this stuff together. "

(( Urrrgggghhhh. So hungover, and planning my next one shortly. The next few turns might be a little incoherent, even more so than normal. I'll try and keep it short and to the point. ))
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:53:01 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: October 10, 2012, 03:54:03 pm »

((@GM: Milno has all his armor all the time, and as soon as he leaves VR, he puts the helmet back on.))

Free at once...He stared at the mysterious frayed wire. It was not too hard to deduce what had just happened and what it had to do with his situation. He grinned before chuckling and finally roaring animalistically through the comms.
"rrrrrrRRAARRRRRRRRHHHHHHH!!!!!"

After touching the door, Milno confirmed: he was trapped. He suspected the damn wire would not leave him alone for much time, and he had to get his message across before it tried something once again, flaring his comms to the team whilst simultaneously typing into his wristpad, keeping an watchful eye at the wire and all the area around him, wary of further threats.
"Milno here. I'm in the airlock, and after I got inside, it trapped me in. There is a wire which came out from behind one of the ceiling's panels, got to my neck and started to screw with my mind. I was the man in the television, the guy in a heavy suit. I saw everything through his eyes until I snapped out of it, but I think these wires may not give up so easily. Stay together or these blastdoors may close down on you and try to mess with your brain as well."

Stay aware of any wires. Try to dodge their approach and burn them with the MkIII's rocket pods if they get too close. Check if there is a way of opening the airlock.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 12:42:23 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: October 10, 2012, 04:10:37 pm »

Quote from: Subject Nineteen Dash Three to Milno Enedrasi
So it's wires that are causing this? Good to know. I'm slightly curious as to if they'll work on this platform as it's mostly inorganic, but if it's all the same I'd prefer not to find out. I was planning on attempting to break the airlock open so I could head outside and check the hull for the source of this anomaly. Is there a way to open the doors from in there? I'd prefer not to damage the ship too much if I can avoid it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: October 10, 2012, 04:23:05 pm »

"Milnos right, one of the blighters just tryed to get me in the armoury, didn't put me down though, should i try and cut it down?"
Examine the door, watch my back.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: October 10, 2012, 04:23:50 pm »

Quote from: Thomas Harrison to All
Evil electricity, maybe?
Think about the situation, stay away from the wires.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 04:31:40 pm by Spinal_Taper »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: October 10, 2012, 04:31:19 pm »

Solve problem again. With logic!
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: October 10, 2012, 04:41:24 pm »

"It was just a test. Calm down Faith"

Travis leads Buckler to the VR machines and examines them. Power source, memory storage, etc.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: October 10, 2012, 06:11:45 pm »

[Edited out the latest post. Also, Ashley's dreams are completely useless in here, so don't worry]
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: October 10, 2012, 08:51:35 pm »

[Edited out the latest post. Also, Ashley's dreams are completely useless in here, so don't worry]
((His point is that they'll still be the dreams of a lunatic. :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8428 on: October 10, 2012, 09:07:17 pm »

((Basically, she can have dreams that she thinks are visions of the future but are actually just delusions made up by her mind. It may actually be one of the reasons she's in the HMRC.))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: October 10, 2012, 09:09:09 pm »

((She's not crazy. Actually, maybe I'm taking that off because there's too much issue about it.))
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 2101