_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937572 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8370 on: October 09, 2012, 11:13:13 pm »

((I hope that Brother Lars has the same Tremendous Holy Presence that his alt-dimension alter ego has, because he's going to need it.))

Oh dear.

"Steve?  Is that you?"

Attempt to wristpad the message "I think I found Steve" to Feyri.  Approach the figure reverently.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: October 09, 2012, 11:34:24 pm »

((Hooo dear, I'm getting dat feel on 'sentient anomaly. Targets lone people. It goes Rawr.' here.

piecewise: can we assume our communications aren't being disrupted even in the presence of the anomaly? Ie, chatting freely?

If so: Reply to Brother Lars and the rest:

Brother Lars has found Steve...Hrm? You're in contact with Steve? How does he look like?

^Only happening if Toaster's action is a success.

@Nicholas: I'm filled with weapons!  :D

@Sambojin: It's K, just making sure no personal feuds are being created. Sort of hard to understand your posts [no offense] with some of it being fragments. ^^))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:37:49 pm by Tiruin »

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: October 09, 2012, 11:36:19 pm »

((I really, REALLY wish I'd bought a replacement weapon.))

Look around for something I could use as a weapon, perhaps a kitchen knife or some such. After that, head to the briefing room to see if anything unusual is in there.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: October 09, 2012, 11:54:21 pm »

((I would loan my weapon to someone, if it weren't for two things:
  • It's a prototype.
  • It probably shouldn't be used in enclosed spaces, especially those on space ships.
The thing's a grenade launcher, after all. My other weapon, being implanted in a robotic limb, isn't really transferrable.))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:55:54 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: October 09, 2012, 11:57:01 pm »

(( Meh. Written low-brow Australian english, onomonopataecally crafted. Or with syllables and stuff. No in-line spell checker or grammer checker makes stuff fun. Read as written, as though you'd say it. Then it's funny. Or not. Still, fix the fucken fridge, the dishwasher and the stove. Because even if we all live through this shit, without them, we're all fucked.

If anyone is totally weaponless, then I can loan a sledgehammer. All I ask is for you to hit fLoki in the nuts with it.

Omm-nom-nom-pataic-ally? ))
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:02:28 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8375 on: October 10, 2012, 12:53:50 am »

Since there was nothing out of place in the Rec Room, Jim looked for a way to the outside of the ship, to see if whatever was causing the anomaly was on the hull.
The only way out you're aware of is the air locks and main doors in the hanger, so you head in that direction. You find the doors to the hanger shut tight and join the increasing number of people staring at them, dumbfounded.
"Holy shit... the fuck are you laughing at, robutt. Felt like a spiker crawled down my throat.

Dicern whether or not I feel different. Besides pain.
You lay back and try to judge if you feel different in some sort of meaningful way. Well, you seem to be breathing a little easier, or is it that you just that you have to breathe less? Oh, thats kinda...oh, wait, searing  pain again, hold on brain, I'll be right back. AAAAAAAAAAH. IT'S LIKE MY LUNGS ARE TRYING TO BRAID THEMSELVES WITH MY LIVER! OH SWEET MERCIFUL HEN'DI, GOD OF INTERNAL BLEEDING, SAVE ME FROM THIS HELL!
((Uh oh.))

Send out the following via wristpad and radio:

"Aforementioned painting destroyed, apparently not source. Again, report any strange events in recent past for examination."

Then float to the rec room.

You return to the rec room, disappointed that your burning of art did not illicit a positive response. Who could have thunk it?
((@GM: Level Up: 3 Unconventional, 5 Willpower. I'm just tired of mindfuckery and that gauntlet getting the best of me.))

Milno blinked several times, gritting his teeth. It was the same image he had just seen in that shitty TV. More mindscrewing, yet again, and this time, he could not even be sure it was being caused by damned aliens.

He just hated all of that.

Try to snap out of it.
(got it)
[will:3]
You try to find something wrong with the world around you, some sort of chink in the illusion-it is an illusion isn't it?-but cant find one. Maybe...maybe this is real. As you struggle with your existential dilemma you notice that the rockets suddenly stop firing and a beeping tone rings out from somewhere inside the suit. 
"Damn you mother, will I never prove you wrong!"
Message to others
"Barracks clear, checking armoury over"
To the armoury, pray for no will checks
You head to the armory, floating into the the room without much effort, and look around. It seems quiet. Completely empty in fact. Wait...did you close that door?
Remembering what I know (having familiarized myself with the ship's areas before) of the hangar's layout, figure out how likely it is that there would be a vacuum on the other side. Furthermore, try to figure out some way to open it, if only for the sake of accessibility.
Stacy loudly mused while pondering the enticing door leading to possible secrets.
"Let's see, should I obey my curiosity or consider the safety of this entire endeavor first? Wait a minute, am I even mentally capable of curiosity anymore? I shouldn't be, and damn anyone who says otherwise. Consideration it is, then."
Chances of a Vacuum on the other side seem kind of high. It is the hanger after all, going into vacuum is what it does. As per opening the door, you might be able to force it with enough strength, but the doors are designed to handle the internal pressure of the ship pushing out toward the vacuum when the hanger is open, so it's gonna require a hell of a lot of force. Maybe you could cut your way in? Though if it's in vacuum that would be very bad...
(( Sorry for being late. ))
No reply from Steve... Bad, but reassuring. We still have the chance of participating in this mess.

Maurice Sanctor, a retired pilot and a surgeon, sent to the HMR Corps for saving lives of some people who opposed the government. Well, anyways, pleasure to meet you, Renen.
Maurice smiled warmly.
Retcon'ly pick up the severed prosthetic hand.
Using the mental map of the place, get us to the door through which we entered the back of the infirmary.

I believe I remember the way back through this maze.
Your hand isn't severed off so much as all the synthetic muscle on one side has been chopped through to the bone.
[int:1]
You walk out of the room and begin wandering through the halls, trying to remember the way out. It becomes abundantly clear after only a few minutes that you have managed to get yourself completely lost.
Back to the Rec Room. Try to feel for a disembodied mind, using previous experience with souls being jettisoned from their bodies.
"Anybody find anything?"
You attempt to mentally get in contact with whatever it is that is currently inhabiting the ship, but are unsuccessful. Maybe there's something else you need?
"Hmm.  On third thought, how 'bout somebody else do the hull check?  Make sure your suit's space-worthy and that you've got a tether.  I'm going to be checking inside the walls after all, who wants to join me?"
Open the vent cover, get inside the ducts.  Check my mobility once inside, look for anything that's not the inside wall of an air duct, and crawl around until I find anything anomalous.
"This would be a bad time to find out I'm claustrophobic... still, the zero-g is making this interesting."
You float up to the nearest vent cover and find it already open; looks like you're not the first one to get into these. You stick your head in just in time to see something vanish around a corner.
"Ok, I'm going to check the area around the research labs. I'll keep an eye out for weird shit. I don't suppose this ancient vessel is a fridge repair man on call-out duty? Or a travelling salesman? They've usually got pretty shitty rides."

Go to research labs entry. Listen and look for anything unusual. While going past the hangar door, try and work out if there would be anything coming or leaving the docking bay. Really intuitively ( :) ? ). Look for indicator lights, etc. Then continue into accessible part of research bay and look around for anything unusual. Still keep an eye out for Floki, with the standing orders to punch him in the head if he attacks still in effect. Make sure kinetic amp is turned on.

"Three other things. One, if anyone has a vector,gravity or combination manipulator, they'll be damn handy here. Anything on a vector will stay on that vector until they hit something else. Good to stop people doing things too, just put them in a spot away from the walls spinning at 2000rpm, they'll stay there for a while until they hurl their guts up.
Two, has anything else changed recently? Did someone mention a statue?
Three, can someone fix the fridge and the dishwasher? We might save ourselves a call-out fee. These pricks over-charge like you wouldn't fucking believe."
You take a look at the doors of the Hanger. There's nothing to tell you if something is coming or going, so any sort of guess right now would be just that, a complete guess. You shrug and head toward the research lab, passing Nyars on the way. He seems disinterested in the whole situation. The research labs appear to be completely sealed off by another armored shutter. Goddang it. Well, at least it's not in there.
(( I really don't understand how to request to be on the player list))
As has probably already been said, just follow the instructions on the first page of the "Mission" thread and make a character. From there, you submit that character sheet here, wait for me to approve it, and then you can be spat out of one of the stasis pods in the Barracks.
"Onward, Buckler!"

Travis heads into the rec room, and upon noticing the TV on, while everything else was off, unplugged the TV.
You head back to the TV room, riding your robo-dog like the worlds most oversized jockey. Seeing the tv on despite everything else being off, you decide to unplug it. Because fuck that privileged appliance holding a monopoly of being on! You yank the power cord out of the wall and, to your honest surprise, it turns off. The movies lied!
Think about current problem.

Solve.

[int:6]
It all makes sense now!

"IT DEMANDS A SACRIFICE!" You shout, pointing at random people in the room. "IT WILL GORGE ITSELF ON YOUR FACE MEATS!"
Stopping outside the kitchen, Floki scowled and slapped his forhead with a palm. 'Damnit, no, not that kind of "cutting tool"! Jeez, Floki.' Grumbling to himself, he turns and heads back in, gathering up a few parts from various spots around the kitchen...

>Find a kitchen-use butane torch type thing. Ensure the stove is turned off and then pull off one of the burners.

>Also yank off the pipe from the bottom of the sink. Remove the actual flame spout from the torch.

>Attach stove burner to one end of the pipe,, butane torch on the other. Wire up the butane torch handle to the burner so that pulling the trigger activates it.

>Create makeshift cutting/melting tool. Try not to make it explode/burn myself.
You attempt to find a butane torch in the kitchen. Surprisingly, it doesn't have one. Nor does it have an arc welder or a table saw. How uncivilized.
((I hope that Brother Lars has the same Tremendous Holy Presence that his alt-dimension alter ego has, because he's going to need it.))

Oh dear.

"Steve?  Is that you?"

Attempt to wristpad the message "I think I found Steve" to Feyri.  Approach the figure reverently.
You approach the figure slowly, your boots falling hard on the steel floor-since when did gravity come back?- and walk around to his side. He's an astronaut for sure, dressed in the old style heavy suits, with a dozen cables and tubes running off his suit and into recesses near the console; supplies of air, electricity, water, all flowing into him. He doesn't move as you come around to his side and the glare of he monitors makes it  impossible to see into his helmet, at least how he's sitting right now. You try to speak to him, but he doesn't respond.

((Hooo dear, I'm getting dat feel on 'sentient anomaly. Targets lone people. It goes Rawr.' here.

piecewise: can we assume our communications aren't being disrupted even in the presence of the anomaly? Ie, chatting freely?

If so: Reply to Brother Lars and the rest:

Brother Lars has found Steve...Hrm? You're in contact with Steve? How does he look like?

^Only happening if Toaster's action is a success.

@Nicholas: I'm filled with weapons!  :D

@Sambojin: It's K, just making sure no personal feuds are being created. Sort of hard to understand your posts [no offense] with some of it being fragments. ^^))
You aren't getting Lar's or Milno's anymore. No signals whatsoever.
((I really, REALLY wish I'd bought a replacement weapon.))

Look around for something I could use as a weapon, perhaps a kitchen knife or some such. After that, head to the briefing room to see if anything unusual is in there.
You grab a knife from the slowly expanding cloud of the bloody things in the kitchen corner and head toward the Briefing room. You find it's doors, all of them, sealed and impassible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: October 10, 2012, 01:11:58 am »

((The Briefing room is off-limits. So is the hangar doors -- but you don't want to get spaced without protection. :/
Someone update the map [or I'll do it later on]))

Spoiler: What we know (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paracelsus' Sword: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known inventories (click to show/hide)

Feyri was not amused, especially by May's reaction. She blinked as she noticed the Tv turn off...didn't this sector run on emergency power?!

"Faith, May...everyone else. We've seen the anomaly present itself through the TV."

This is Feyri Nirel. In the Recreation room along with May, Faith and the others. The anomaly has presented itself through a transmission in the Television screen.

Something low on fuel and oxygen. Hopefully not referring to us. Brother Lars [Toaster] and Milno [Caellath] have gone missing!

EVERYONE, REPORT IN! Where have they last gone?

Taking a moment to calm the stress down, Feyri looked at whomever was available to speak with - particularly Simus.

"Can you rig up our suits to transmit a mutual signal? Like some sort of radar or what not? I'll give you my Tesla Sabre battery to work with. Or...a scanner?"

((I expect to see chaos ensue with people acting everywhere without telling where they currently are. Please. Please help reduce the confusion by at least stating where.

It's hard enough keeping track of all of this.))
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:14:24 am by Tiruin »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: October 10, 2012, 01:14:35 am »

Oh shit....
"EVERYBODY ARMOURY, STUCK HELP OVER!"
Batter down the door.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: October 10, 2012, 01:16:31 am »

Milno breathed in once again, trying to remind himself of who he was. There was no doubt he was Milno Enedrasi, one of the Bastards and member of the HMRC, one of the retards who were sent to fetch shiny trinkets or die in the name of that shitty government. Damn. It. He expelled the air slowly, wondering if he was doomed to having his mind fiddled for the entirety of the time he was part of the Corps, never catching a break even to design anything in the ship; the trouble just had to come to him.

In a darker tone, he also wondered what would happen if he lost that duel with the exterior force taking over him. Would his mind be forever lost and he would be trapped in an illusion forever, his body nothing more than an empty husk? Or would he become someone like Faith, a freak with something which just didn't belong to a normal brain churning inside it?

If it gets to that point, I'll be sure to shoot my fucking brains off. he thought darkly, his resolve steeled to never let one of those alien influences take a part of his brain as their home. Better have his gray matter splattered all over the wall than having it shared by one of those filthy mindscrewing presences.

Try to snap out of it once more.

Even if it was real, it just meant his mind was in a place it wasn't supposed to be. He had to fix that problem.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:25:36 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: October 10, 2012, 01:20:19 am »

((Posting it down here as it seems people [except Caellath] missed it.

Please. State. Where. You. Are. In. The. Ship.  :P))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: October 10, 2012, 01:32:25 am »

(Outside of the hanger with no real clue what to do.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: October 10, 2012, 01:33:30 am »

((Shock the doors? There must be a panel somewhere that controls it, manually. Try to create a loud enough explosion? The hangar doors have one more compartment before space.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: October 10, 2012, 01:36:25 am »

(I could rip the doors off or melt them with my amps. I just don't want to open the doors in general because of the strong possibility of endangering others on the ship.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: October 10, 2012, 01:49:15 am »

((We may be more endagerd if you don't.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: October 10, 2012, 01:54:53 am »

((There is also the little fact that the hangar doors open up INTO SPACE. You know, the kind that kills you?))
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 2101