_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937356 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8340 on: October 09, 2012, 11:11:14 am »

((Freakin' inter-suit radios, how do they work. :P

Although I could see the faceplate etc being a problem for talking to the TV itself.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: October 09, 2012, 01:08:42 pm »

I'm no technician, but I'm a fair engineer. Don't ask me to do any programing, but if we need to assemble something, I'm there.

Focus on seeing if there is anything, anything at all, flashing, pulsing, what have it, on the screen to indicate it's not just a still shot.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: October 09, 2012, 01:41:43 pm »

"Hrnnnnggghhhhhhh!"

Try not to die.

((I knew it! Lukas is there to stop me if shit goes down.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8343 on: October 09, 2012, 01:49:41 pm »

Jim let go of Feyri, now being not the time, the place, or the atmosphere for such a thing, and investigated the rec room - starting by checking the TV Milno had mentioned - unless asked to do otherwise.

(Missing doesn't count. :P)
The Tv itself, barring the image on it, seems fairly normal; just a rather old style plasma in a faux-wood box with 4 legs to keep it up. A stylistic throwback to thousands of years ago, like marble columns.  It's still bobbing around on it's electrical and image cables, otherwise it would be off doing the same mid-air shenanigans that the rest of the decor is doing.

"Hey, everyone. Anyone that has not been in a suit yet is not ever going to be in a suit until this shit is over. They're all in the hanger and the hanger door is sealed. Fuck. I guess those lucky sods already with suits on can try and stop all the air being vented while we try and help them not get bored to death in space. What's happening on the TV? I'll stand guard near the Armoury door, I can see pretty much every way down the corridors in this area then."

"Fliko, take a swing again at me and the next push will be a punch."

Go back to corner by Armoury door. Keep a watch along both major corridors watching for any activity. Watch out for Floki. If he hits me or attempts to, change tactics to "Punch Floki in the head with kinetic amp, very hard."

edit: Gee I'm bad with names.

(( note: I'm only defending myself. This isn't a challenge or anything Yoink. We can happily fight this out after stuff is restored to normal. It's your call. Go about your business peacefully, or have a very good chance at instant death if you attack Sambo a third time. ))
Annoyed, you float your way back toward the armory and wedge yourself in the door frame so you can keep an eye on the halls around you. You keep a particularly close eye on Maxwell Sliver-Hammer over there.
'Fliko?' Floki scowled, silently pondering the mispronounciation of his name as he struggled to make his way down the corridor. 'Guess teaching that twat a lesson can wait. Kinda hard to smack someone around when you're floating through the air...'

So thinking, he started to make his way back towards the kitchen, pulling himself along via whatever handholds he could find along the wall.

>Make way back to the kitchen(using handholds along the hallway), search the place for any cutting tools.
You push off a wall and head down the hall to the rec room and over to the kitchen area that Lukas so nicely sliced to pieces. You dig through the drawers looking for  something nice and sharp and find a variety of knives. In actuality you open a drawer and release a cloud of knives into the air. After glancing around to make sure no one is going to yell at you, you select a nice big butcher's knife and retreat back into the hall.
"Guys, what's with the mood lighting, I know theirs a lot of undesirable sex bubbling under your surfaces, but really, Zero G and flashing red lights"

Be given the skinny, back to the barracks, look under pillows and mattresses.
Your crewmates explain the situation to you. You nod your way through their speech and then scramble back to the barracks to check under your bed and pillow. Nope. No monsters here. Just like your parents said. Damn them.
"Let. Go. Of. That. Thing!"

If he lets go, again cover it in a sheet of heat. If he doesn't, ignite a small bit on a corner away from his body.
The painter appears to have left, leaving the picture behind. Oh, well fine then.
[exo:4]
You stare at the tarped picture for a long hard moment before half of it bursts into flames. The fire spreads quickly over the canvas and you watch it burn bright, the flame flickering odd colors as the chemicals in the paints ignite. Within a minute or two, it's gone.
Search my surroundings for anything... anomalous.
You still don't see anything particularly odd around here, at least nothing more then usual and what has already been seen. Hmm, is there even anything anomalous happening? Maybe Steve made a mistake.

piecewise: ((Do I have my Tesla Sabre?))

Yes.

"Hey Steve, are we supposed to be locked out of the hangar area?"
You get no reply.
Brother Lars nodded to Feyri.

"I shall do so.  May Steve have mercy on our souls."

Head to a quiet place, and pray to Steve for guidance and information on our situation.
You leave the rec room and float down the halls, looking for some place quiet. You decide on the Briefing room, float in, and grab one of the benches, hugging it to your chest to keep yourself from floating away. You close your eyes and pray, only noticing the doors close by the metallic clunk they make as the latches click into place.
[will:2]
You look up from your prayer and can only watch as the room begins to change, twisting and contorting, walls closing in, clean white becoming dull and rusted gray, Pipes and electrical wiring sprouting from one wall and slithering to another, corners melting till everything is smooth and rounded. The Holo display crawls up the wall and sprouts monitors like fruiting bodies, and the floor goes molten, flowing upward and quickly reforming into the shape of a chair. Within seconds the room has transformed into the scene from the television; dilapidated and ancient, a spaceship cockpit from a time so far flung that it is almost mystical, the Second Expansion era. You're standig behind the chair, almost perfectly aligned with whatever camera took the images on the television; they might as well have been looking through your eyes.
Bang on the hangar door a bit. Listen for air on the other side.
"Hello? Anybody in there?"
You bang on the door and receive no answer. You press your ear to the door and listen. You don't hear anything. Not a single thing.
It's better try to contact the group.

Send a message to the rest of the group. "We are in the back of the infirmary". Look for any exits. Try to get out and go to the Rec. Room.

((Renen's Inv.: 1-MKII suit that he never took out since the F. mission.
2-One katana, possibly called Legacy.))
The door to the room you're in is easy to find, but beyond it is a maze of corridors and rooms, all of them locked. You wander around for a while, trying doors, looking for something, some hint, of how to get out, but can't find anything; it's all just too uniform.
Check the airlock throughly and try to store the pieces of the broken prosthetic, using the hand without the gauntlet. Then examine the hangar itself for any sign of an anomaly, preferentially the corners.
[will:1]
The lights flicker and go out. You blink and find the darkness of the hanger replaced with the pin pricks of light of a starfield, an endless expanse of space. You try and toggle the head lamps on your suit and find that the helmet you're wearing isn't the familiar MK III one but something much larger, a fishbowl helmet. You look down at your hands and find heavy, reinforced gauntlets and arms covered in bulky white sleeves. You look at the rest of yourself; a second expansion era spacesuit, massive, thick and oozing an air of durability. Beneath your feet is a hull, a rounded metal carapace and far down it you can see the light of rockets burning. An ombilical cord trails from the front of your suit back towards somewhere hidden by the curve of the hull.
Thomas grabs May, then takes her off to investigate the mess hall area, as opposed to violently raping people.
"Calm down May. The VR will be back up in just a bit."
You grab May and Push off the couch as  it floats by, propelling you both into the mess hall area. You don't see anything particularly odd here, besides of course the albino woman attempting to sexually assault people for interrupting her virtual sex simulations.
((Any one know my Items?))
((I think you got your manipulator back, so assuming your locker is accessible (I think it might not be, due to the hangar being sealed now) you'd have that. Otherwise... I'm not sure if you had anything or not.))

Faith stared at the screen, perhaps longer than she should have. Something about this was particularly unsettling to her in particular.

Hallelujah

It didn't seem like a warning. It was too old for that. It seemed... more like an ancient message. Like a spirit, lost in the cold void of space, echoing across time.

Like whatever was in her.

"Everyone... the TV is showing an ancient vessel, low on oxygen and fuel. It's... unsettling, to say the least. Maybe I'm just biased, but some kind of ancient spirit doesn't seem out of line. Be careful.

Alternatively, something's showing us an ancient version of ourselves, or maybe it's something completely different. But, be careful."

With that, she drifted a bit closer to the television and deactivated her outgoing transmissions. No need to confuse and let her teammates know how crazy she was.

"Can you hear us?" she asked loudly at the television.

Attempt to communicate with TV.
You talk to the tv, repeating the message several times. You notice that image on screen isn't as static as it was before, the "camera" is moving slightly, drifting back and forth.
((Any one know my Items?))
((I think you got your manipulator back, so assuming your locker is accessible (I think it might not be, due to the hangar being sealed now) you'd have that. Otherwise... I'm not sure if you had anything or not.))

Feyri turned to see, of all people, Faith in the Rec room!

"Hmm, Faith? You said something about the TV? Can't hear you. Your faceplate down and all."

Stride over to Faith, examine TV.
You attempt to stride over to faith while floating. Failing that, you crawl along the ceiling and then push off and examine the tv, seeing he same image that everyone else has.
I'm no technician, but I'm a fair engineer. Don't ask me to do any programing, but if we need to assemble something, I'm there.

Focus on seeing if there is anything, anything at all, flashing, pulsing, what have it, on the screen to indicate it's not just a still shot.
There's nothing flashing but now the camera is moving a bit, wobbling back and forth like someone has taken it off a tripod and is now holding it.

"Hrnnnnggghhhhhhh!"

Try not to die.

((I knew it! Lukas is there to stop me if shit goes down.))
You feel something crawling up your windpipe, like heartburn if heartburn wore cleats. You gag and strain against your bonds as whatever it is seems to spread into your lungs and then sits there, quietly. At least for the moment. You take a few deep breaths, laying back against the table and trying to calm down.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: October 09, 2012, 01:58:04 pm »

Since there was nothing out of place in the Rec Room, Jim looked for a way to the outside of the ship, to see if whatever was causing the anomaly was on the hull.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: October 09, 2012, 01:58:26 pm »

"Holy shit... the fuck are you laughing at, robutt. Felt like a spiker crawled down my throat.

Dicern whether or not I feel different. Besides pain.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: October 09, 2012, 02:02:56 pm »

((Uh oh.))

Send out the following via wristpad and radio:

"Aforementioned painting destroyed, apparently not source. Again, report any strange events in recent past for examination."

Then float to the rec room.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8347 on: October 09, 2012, 02:09:33 pm »

((@GM: Level Up: 3 Unconventional, 5 Willpower. I'm just tired of mindfuckery and that gauntlet getting the best of me.))

Milno blinked several times, gritting his teeth. It was the same image he had just seen in that shitty TV. More mindscrewing, yet again, and this time, he could not even be sure it was being caused by damned aliens.

He just hated all of that.

Try to snap out of it.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: October 09, 2012, 02:17:13 pm »

((This has the potential to be very !!FUN!!

Also, nice Beatles reference.))

Well, it's a feed of some kind, video or live, I don't know, but now we're sure it's not just an image...

I don't think anyone should be going off on their own. It just seems like more than coincidence that the image changes to look like some sort of feed when... what was his name? The guy you called a priest went off on his own. Or maybe I'm being paranoid.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:22:50 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: October 09, 2012, 03:14:12 pm »

"Damn you mother, will I never prove you wrong!"
Message to others
"Barracks clear, checking armoury over"
To the armoury, pray for no will checks
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: October 09, 2012, 03:21:44 pm »

Remembering what I know (having familiarized myself with the ship's areas before) of the hangar's layout, figure out how likely it is that there would be a vacuum on the other side. Furthermore, try to figure out some way to open it, if only for the sake of accessibility.
Stacy loudly mused while pondering the enticing door leading to possible secrets.
"Let's see, should I obey my curiosity or consider the safety of this entire endeavor first? Wait a minute, am I even mentally capable of curiosity anymore? I shouldn't be, and damn anyone who says otherwise. Consideration it is, then."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 03:23:47 pm by Harry Baldman »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: October 09, 2012, 03:37:13 pm »

(( Sorry for being late. ))
No reply from Steve... Bad, but reassuring. We still have the chance of participating in this mess.

Maurice Sanctor, a retired pilot and a surgeon, sent to the HMR Corps for saving lives of some people who opposed the government. Well, anyways, pleasure to meet you, Renen.
Maurice smiled warmly.
Retcon'ly pick up the severed prosthetic hand.
Using the mental map of the place, get us to the door through which we entered the back of the infirmary.

I believe I remember the way back through this maze.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: October 09, 2012, 04:33:11 pm »

((Just follow the screams of agony.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: October 09, 2012, 04:37:30 pm »

Back to the Rec Room. Try to feel for a disembodied mind, using previous experience with souls being jettisoned from their bodies.
"Anybody find anything?"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: October 09, 2012, 05:15:29 pm »

"Hmm.  On third thought, how 'bout somebody else do the hull check?  Make sure your suit's space-worthy and that you've got a tether.  I'm going to be checking inside the walls after all, who wants to join me?"
Open the vent cover, get inside the ducts.  Check my mobility once inside, look for anything that's not the inside wall of an air duct, and crawl around until I find anything anomalous.
"This would be a bad time to find out I'm claustrophobic... still, the zero-g is making this interesting."
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 2101