_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936720 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Mission 4 recruiting.
« Reply #2760 on: June 16, 2012, 09:15:48 pm »

Acquire white paint. Decorate MkII with feather patterns on the shoulders, using a fairly generous definition of "shoulders."
((How about an artistic depiction of Faith being groped?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: June 16, 2012, 09:18:46 pm »

Acquire white paint. Decorate MkII with feather patterns on the shoulders, using a fairly generous definition of "shoulders."

((She could just paint Renen's hands on her chest))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: June 16, 2012, 09:20:25 pm »

((Sounds right.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: June 16, 2012, 09:30:07 pm »

((This man possesses some artistic insight.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: June 16, 2012, 10:03:46 pm »

((Saw Promtheous. Spent half the time thinking of how the HMRC would have handeled things.

Also, Noomi Rapace is lovely.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: June 16, 2012, 10:08:56 pm »

((Saw Promtheous. Spent half the time thinking of how the HMRC would have handeled things.

((I went to see Avengers, but I was thinking about what would happen if Loki invaded Superjail.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: June 16, 2012, 10:13:14 pm »

((More gun. Bigger Gun.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: June 16, 2012, 10:17:49 pm »

Yes, it is a pity I cannot use it - yet.

But if we survive this, it might become standard. It's a very good design.

Head to the briefing room and examine how the imperfection affects the generator's ability to charge the MFM.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2768 on: June 16, 2012, 10:20:28 pm »

((@GM: Can't these plates be installed smoothly underneath the helmet's outer layer? I like that helmet very much. D:))
The helmet is formed to your head. Unless of course you want to go in and shave off a few inches of your skull or gut your helmet. Or you could ask her to remake it except for your newer, thicker helmet. She's might.

Alright. Let's start simple.

Travis conjures up a Crystalline Projector. Alien tech, very untested.

Five targets are made. A metal wall, a stone wall, a human, a cyborg (Let's go with Jim-like) and a wheeled robot. The human will wear a MK1 suit, the robot will have small metal plates to guard its electronics.

Travis will fire one shot of the Crystalline Projector at each target. Observations will be made. Do the crystal assimilate the matter(for all types?), or simply grow using some unknown method. Some time will pass. Then Travis will see if complete assimilation/growth occurs, or do the crystals 'run out of juice'. Finely, he will use varying levels of force on the crystals, to see if they break under pressure. The highest level of force will be a Gauss rifle shot.

Alright then.

You fire at the metal wall. The projector buzzes for an instant and what looks like a tiny sliver of shining crystal appears on the wall. An instant later it's spreading wildly, growing into harsh, razor sharp hopper crystals, square spirals of multicolored crystal spreading across the surface of the metal, scratching and cutting into it and then growing in the gouges, thriving like a weed. The stone wall is much the same.  A human fairs a good deal worse. The crystal grows not only along his skin but spreads explosively within, and within seconds he is torn apart by spreading roots of crystal. The cyborg's demise comes in much the same way and as for the robot...well I don't know what you mean by wheel robot because I could just give you a Car with a GPS or something.

You take a close look at the results. The crystal does not assimilate matter so much as it seems to grow on its own. They simply stop growing after a short period of time. You wait a bit and the brilliant colors of the crystal seem to fade, dulling to gray before becoming brittle and finally collapsing into an ash like substance.

((Damn, such a posting frenzy while I am gone))

Lukas shakes his head after hearing the briefing. Both tasks sounded very suicidal to him. "I guess I'll go with team A then. Steve, will a Crystalline Projector still work under water?"

>I don't really know. Probably, it is mildly psychic after all. Oops. Wasn't supposed to tell you that.

"Uh, hey, is anyone there?  I can't move!"
A doctor, though not THE doctor comes over and looks at a datapad he has with him.

"Ah, yes. Nerve damage and broken spine. You can't tell but we have your back flayed open and bolted to the bed your in with your damaged nerves suspended in a solution that will help them heal. Try not to move too much."

Jim found the doctor as quickly as he could. "I'm here about the synth-arms I retrieved. May I have them installed of my current set, please?" He thought for a moment. "Two other things. The kinetic amplifier I brought back to be removed, I would like to give that to Milno. And for the other... I do not believe I have the tokens for it currently, but would it be possible to cover this platform in synth-flesh?"
The doctor blinks after your assault of questions and then answers you in kind.

"Arms. Yes. Can install them. Amp already given to Milno. Flesh over body...possible, but pointless. More expensive then normal synthflesh full prosthetic. Lie down on bed, will get arms."

"I'll go with team B. But before I go, I'll grab some additional gear."
Thomas heads to the AM, and gets the best scope for one token and a paint set. Afterwards, he heads back to the breifing room.
You spend your last token and then head back to the briefing room.

Save the current tinkering state and exit the simulation; head for the briefing room.
Hello, comrades, has anything happened while I was away? Just wanted to make sure. Oh, and has the third mission's team already returned?
(I hope I interpreted that hint correctly ;) )
You head to the briefing room. You feel the siren song of the vr machine already.

"Alright thanks.

And um, paint is free, right? I think I'd like some white paint for something before I go..."

[Handiwork:2]
You paint two very odd shaped blobs on the back of your suit. I think one is a lima bean and the other kinda looks like may's face if it got hit by a car.

Heh, nice to know my game is having such far reaching, mind and thought altering effects.

I can tell you one fucking thing, we wouldn't do it with enormous, fragile fishbowl helmets, that's for fucking sure.

Also, I liked the android the best. Make of that what you will.

Yes, it is a pity I cannot use it - yet.

But if we survive this, it might become standard. It's a very good design.

Head to the briefing room and examine how the imperfection affects the generator's ability to charge the MFM.
[Int:1] You're pretty sure that it makes it dispense cupcakes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2769 on: June 16, 2012, 10:21:37 pm »

Ok people, sound off on which team you're going on now. There's been so much going on and I'm not sure if any of it was definite.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: June 16, 2012, 10:25:00 pm »

((Team A. And I'm actually not sure if I should ask the armory master to remake the helmet, it was already quite the gift...))

Milno turns back to the armory master.

"Could you integrate the plates into the helmet? I plan on keeping it like that until either my head is blown off or it is destroyed."
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:31:45 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2771 on: June 16, 2012, 10:26:03 pm »

Team B - Empyrean
From this point do I turn over control of E until one week give or take a day—mostly take—to Caellath. :3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: June 16, 2012, 10:28:20 pm »

((This man possesses some artistic insight.))
((Hey, he failed two out of three times! D:<

Of course, at least now we know what'll appear on a [Handiwork:1] D:))

>I don't really know. Probably, it is mildly psychic after all. Oops. Wasn't supposed to tell you that. [/color]
((Uh. That's... interesting.))

Also, I liked the android the best. Make of that what you will.
((You know, this was my reaction at first also, but the more I thought about it the more I realized that wasn't really a matter of taste. He's just objectively the best character by far, as far as you can be objective with such things.))

Remove shame-blobs, try again.

Team A,
if there's room.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: June 16, 2012, 10:28:47 pm »

"I'm uh. Going with the ground team. with May."
Thomas said, before going back to his laser rifle, attaching the scope and painting one long red stripe down the middle, and the rest midnight black.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: June 16, 2012, 10:30:15 pm »

Team A ((Oh dear. I seem to have the little mermaid "Under The Sea" stuck in my head now.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 2101