_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936767 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Mission 4 recruiting.
« Reply #2745 on: June 16, 2012, 06:55:07 pm »

Go ahead and put what designs I come up with on your list, man. And good idea about the generator, I'll be back in a mo'

Go to the armory and pick up a generator, then hook it to my MFM and inquire to the AM:

How do you think this design of a rifle of mine will do?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 06:59:39 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: June 16, 2012, 06:55:52 pm »

((Posting my decisions soon. Dinner. I'm still pending whether I should go for Team A or B. A = The main mission, if we mess up here, we're done for. Team B = More dangerous, and Milno could certainly help with superior armor. Taking a sniper attachment for the gauss rifle would also be good in this case.

OOC opinions? Milno would actually pick any of them. I'm pending towards A because fo the aforementioned reasons.))
((Hard to say. They're both essential in that if either fails we all die, though with B we can try a second time and there's theoretically no time limit.

No clue which you'd be more useful for.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: June 16, 2012, 07:03:53 pm »

((Well, if team B fails, we arn't getting off this rock. If team A achieves their goal, they can reinforce team B.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: June 16, 2012, 07:14:04 pm »

((@Caellath I say, go for team A. Since the Mk III suit pods will work underwater, that would give you an edge on the advancing rebels, and that's actually my main concern. After all, if you want, you can aid the team B after getting that artifact if they - us - haven't been successful by that time. ))
((Yeah, I'm going with A. If I am still operational (not dead nor in a coma) after the artifact is retrieved, the rocket pods happen to be able to give me some assistance to get to the surface and B Team is still struggling against the dug-in enemies, then Milno'll help them. Even if he happens to be lacking a limb or two, which is very likely since I'm expecting underwater booby-traps.))

If the plates can be readily installed:

Milno gets the amp from Jim and afterwards moves to the armory to turn in his unused laser rifle (2) as well as the gauss rifle's power tools (2), the amp (2) and the attachment (1). (7+2=9 total)

"I guess I won't be needing those in this mission. I'll be going underwater and fighting in a cramped area. I'll prioritize armor, because I doubt we'll be able to dodge much or evade anything at all inside a flooded building."

Buy the armor reinforcements. 3 for the chest, 3 for the backplate, 2 for the pelvis area and 1 for the helmet.

Edit: Get Jim's cleaver as well.

((Since Jim isn't with us, I'll lead the way underwater.))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:29:15 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: June 16, 2012, 07:16:59 pm »

Oh, yes! Xenos filth, I'll be back in a couple of minutes.
Run to the VRs, and get back into tinker.
Draft the (low caliber) gauss autogun design together with a 40-round magazine and a 120-round drum magazine of increased capacity (corresponding to the ordinary and 3x capacity magazines for the gauss rifle/chimera gun) and check how much power does it have to be supplied to the coils (compared to 3 TPU (2 TPU per second applied over 1,5 seconds) of the gauss rifle) to penetrate the Mk III suit.
Assemble the dragon gun without that big capacitor bank, just with the one used in the gauss cannon charging circuit.

((As the gauss cannon chargin circuit is worth 4 tokens and consists of 4 generators and a capacitor bank, one gauss cannon power generator costs about 1 token or slightly less, right? If not, disregard the next action.))
Replace all of the gauss rifle power generators in my designs with the gauss cannon ones (that would be the pulse rifles and the chimera guns). Decrease the number of gauss rifle power generators used on the chimera gun mk II (the one with the cutting laser installed) down to two instead of four.
EDIT:(( Just understood that this is pretty much how the tinker addiction would be pictured. Well, oh...
@Caellath You might wish to borrow Jim's cleaver, by the way. That's a high-tech melee weapon capable of penetrating suits, after all ;) ))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:22:59 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2750 on: June 16, 2012, 08:15:26 pm »

"So... go with Team A, is your advice? I was leaning that way anyway, but... anything else you could tell me? This is probably a more difficult mission than either of my other two..."
"Always take cover. Never get into a standoff with some asshole. Rookies always do that, just stand there, unmoving, shooting and hoping they hit before the other guy. Not a good strategy. "

Travis remembered all of these programs. The Battle for Hexbarax was a classic, and he had forced every new recruit in his army to go through a special challenge within the simulation.

The Tinkering simulation he was fond of, for it allowed him to devise new uses for his weapons. He wasn't very good at actually modifying weapons, but he could find new, creative ways to use them, and would pass these tips onto his troops.

Travis selected the Tinkering simulation, and went through the program's help menu to remind himself of all the intricacies of the simulation.
It looks like you can make and test anything you desire in this simulation using the help of the computer. There are lists of existing military hardware, random electronics and similar things.

Go ahead and put what designs I come up with on your list, man. And good idea about the generator, I'll be back in a mo'

Go to the armory and pick up a generator, then hook it to my MFM and inquire to the AM:

How do you think this design of a rifle of mine will do?
You buy a Gauss power generator and attempt to install it in your Microwave field manipulator.
[Handi:4] You manage to get it in place and charging the battery, but it seems a bit...off.

"Eh, looks pretty good. To bad you can't use it eh?"

((@Caellath I say, go for team A. Since the Mk III suit pods will work underwater, that would give you an edge on the advancing rebels, and that's actually my main concern. After all, if you want, you can aid the team B after getting that artifact if they - us - haven't been successful by that time. ))
((Yeah, I'm going with A. If I am still operational (not dead nor in a coma) after the artifact is retrieved, the rocket pods happen to be able to give me some assistance to get to the surface and B Team is still struggling against the dug-in enemies, then Milno'll help them. Even if he happens to be lacking a limb or two, which is very likely since I'm expecting underwater booby-traps.))

If the plates can be readily installed:

Milno gets the amp from Jim and afterwards moves to the armory to turn in his unused laser rifle (2) as well as the gauss rifle's power tools (2), the amp (2) and the attachment (1). (7+2=9 total)

"I guess I won't be needing those in this mission. I'll be going underwater and fighting in a cramped area. I'll prioritize armor, because I doubt we'll be able to dodge much or evade anything at all inside a flooded building."

Buy the armor reinforcements. 3 for the chest, 3 for the backplate, 2 for the pelvis area and 1 for the helmet.

Edit: Get Jim's cleaver as well.

((Since Jim isn't with us, I'll lead the way underwater.))

We'll just assume that you got the Amp and the clever some how, doctor gave it to you or something. Not really important at this point eh?

You turn in practically everything you have and buy a handful of very nice, sturdy looking armor plates. The armory master even goes so far as to install them for you, though it does kind of ruin the nice helmet she made for you, encasing it in armor and all.

Oh, yes! Xenos filth, I'll be back in a couple of minutes.
Run to the VRs, and get back into tinker.
Draft the (low caliber) gauss autogun design together with a 40-round magazine and a 120-round drum magazine of increased capacity (corresponding to the ordinary and 3x capacity magazines for the gauss rifle/chimera gun) and check how much power does it have to be supplied to the coils (compared to 3 TPU (2 TPU per second applied over 1,5 seconds) of the gauss rifle) to penetrate the Mk III suit.
Assemble the dragon gun without that big capacitor bank, just with the one used in the gauss cannon charging circuit.

((As the gauss cannon chargin circuit is worth 4 tokens and consists of 4 generators and a capacitor bank, one gauss cannon power generator costs about 1 token or slightly less, right? If not, disregard the next action.))
Replace all of the gauss rifle power generators in my designs with the gauss cannon ones (that would be the pulse rifles and the chimera guns). Decrease the number of gauss rifle power generators used on the chimera gun mk II (the one with the cutting laser installed) down to two instead of four.
EDIT:(( Just understood that this is pretty much how the tinker addiction would be pictured. Well, oh...
@Caellath You might wish to borrow Jim's cleaver, by the way. That's a high-tech melee weapon capable of penetrating suits, after all ;) ))
We're gonna hold an intervention here in a minute...

Alright, 40 and 120 round magazines. Done. Thats easy.

As per this autogun, how fast are you gonna want it to fire? I assume you want the bullets at about 1/4 size so the power needed to move them is also 1/4 With the standard generator in other words you can fire 4 shots every 1.5 seconds. So use that to see how many gen's you need working in sync to fire as fast as you want. Then you need an equal number of those to boost the force of the shots by 2 and so on.

As per the force needed to penetrate a mark III, assuming you don't hit the exoskeleton, a standard one should d it.

And no, the cannon just uses 4 of those generators, ie 16 tpu.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: June 16, 2012, 08:22:04 pm »

(Hey, I wanted to keep that cleaver... :-\ Fine, you can have it, since you don't have any other weapons. You might as well attach the kinetic amp to that so you can really fuck people up. :D I guess I'm getting worked on in the infirmary now?

EDIT: Nevermind, that's what I get for reading this thread before the other one. Going to respond there now.)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 08:24:00 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: June 16, 2012, 08:23:00 pm »

((@GM: Can't these plates be installed smoothly over the helmet's outer layer? I like that helmet very much. D:

And if not, can I retroactively use them as overlapping external plates, like an easily removable helmet over a helmet?))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 09:10:02 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: June 16, 2012, 08:37:07 pm »

Alright. Let's start simple.

Travis conjures up a Crystalline Projector. Alien tech, very untested.

Five targets are made. A metal wall, a stone wall, a human, a cyborg (Let's go with Jim-like) and a wheeled robot. The human will wear a MK1 suit, the robot will have small metal plates to guard its electronics.

Travis will fire one shot of the Crystalline Projector at each target. Observations will be made. Do the crystal assimilate the matter(for all types?), or simply grow using some unknown method. Some time will pass. Then Travis will see if complete assimilation/growth occurs, or do the crystals 'run out of juice'. Finely, he will use varying levels of force on the crystals, to see if they break under pressure. The highest level of force will be a Gauss rifle shot.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: June 16, 2012, 08:46:54 pm »

((Damn, such a posting frenzy while I am gone))

Lukas shakes his head after hearing the briefing. Both tasks sounded very suicidal to him. "I guess I'll go with team A then. Steve, will a Crystalline Projector still work under water?"
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: June 16, 2012, 08:50:48 pm »

"Uh, hey, is anyone there?  I can't move!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: June 16, 2012, 08:56:13 pm »

Jim found the doctor as quickly as he could. "I'm here about the synth-arms I retrieved. May I have them installed of my current set, please?" He thought for a moment. "Two other things. The kinetic amplifier I brought back to be removed, I would like to give that to Milno. And for the other... I do not believe I have the tokens for it currently, but would it be possible to cover this platform in synth-flesh?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: June 16, 2012, 08:56:49 pm »

"I'll go with team B. But before I go, I'll grab some additional gear."
Thomas heads to the AM, and gets the best scope for one token and a paint set. Afterwards, he heads back to the breifing room.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 09:14:56 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: June 16, 2012, 08:59:21 pm »

Save the current tinkering state and exit the simulation; head for the briefing room.
Hello, comrades, has anything happened while I was away? Just wanted to make sure. Oh, and has the third mission's team already returned?
(I hope I interpreted that hint correctly ;) )
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: June 16, 2012, 09:00:40 pm »

"Alright thanks.

And um, paint is free, right? I think I'd like some white paint for something before I go..."

Acquire white paint. Decorate MkII with feather patterns on the shoulders, using a fairly generous definition of "shoulders."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 2101