_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930497 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #615 on: May 10, 2012, 01:27:34 pm »

Milno heads to the rec room and looks down at the laser rifle. Well, it is supposed to help him just in case the ship is boarded by abominations so...
Milno changes the diffusal to "shotgun" mode.

"Does the kit help only with long ranges or does it also support medium-range shooting?"
Milno also safely tied the laser rifle's strap around his armor's wrist. Being crazy prepared was never being too prepared.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #616 on: May 10, 2012, 01:33:32 pm »

@TCM: O.o WTF
Make myself a railgun-style semi auto combat rifle, with conventional .45 FMJ rounds, and a scope and some sort of bayonet-y thing.
((TCM's character is a serial rapist, tiger fucker, mass murderer and arsonist of babies, if you have not realized that by now.

And you should really check the armory. In the grim dark future, a Gauss Rifle with a 20mm slug is a conventional weapon. So...yeah.

@GM: Now that sounded more like your type of answer. But no, not roleplaying taking shits. I just wanted to know if the things existed.))
It's not the actual act of taking a shit that's important, it's the fact that you can and that the proper facilities for it exist, right?
Twist dials to figure out what they do. Fire laser after each adjustment.
Judging by the effects after each firing one dial seems to control the intensity of the shot while the other controls the range of diffusion.

Milno heads to the rec room and looks down at the laser rifle. Well, it is supposed to help him just in case the ship is boarded by abominations so...
Milno changes the diffusal to "shotgun" mode.

"Does the kit help only with long ranges or does it also support medium-range shooting?"
Milno also safely tied the laser rifle's strap around his armor's wrist. Being crazy prepared was never being too prepared.
You switch your rifle into the high intensity and high diffusion mode before talking to Steve again.
>Well, It's more designed for long range, but it will work alright at medium too, though that longer barrel is gonna make firing it like a normal rifle a bit more difficult

(it's gonna be something like +2 long, 0 medium and -2 short.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 10, 2012, 01:43:17 pm »

It's not the actual act of taking a shit that's important, it's the fact that you can and that the proper facilities for it exist, right?
((You got it, I just wanted to know if the facilities existed for the sake of realism. No roleplaying shit, please, this is not FATAL.))

"So, is there a middle term between the long-range attachment and no attachment at all? I was hoping for something to help firing at medium ranges as well, even if it meant buying two kits, each for a different range."
Milno heads to the VR Machines and enters tinker, summoning a gauss rifle and disassembling it to check which part holds the "core" of the weapon (if the coils and generators are in the same section, for example).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:54:33 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 10, 2012, 01:51:26 pm »

((And that's why I said, and I quote:
Reset and Modify the simulation.

I didn't want to continue it as-is.

Although, looks like that may have been a typo on my part.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 10, 2012, 02:08:42 pm »

Yes sir. I would like to continue on the simulator.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Panty raid gone wrong?
« Reply #620 on: May 10, 2012, 02:13:14 pm »

>Woah, slow down. Whats the matter, Gigantor?

Empyrea(n) halted and looked around.

"Hey, who are you and who the heck is Gigantor?"

She continued along the hall.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 10, 2012, 02:15:11 pm »

((Geen, you still haven't answered the GM's question as to power source- I recommend you look over the armoury section of the OP for a starting point! :P Also: The lack of toilets disturbs me. I was wondering about that earlier.))

((The GM did mention that Stasis Pods remove wastes. I don't know about anything else though.))

Make myself a railgun-style semi auto combat rifle, with conventional .45 FMJ rounds, and a scope and some sort of bayonet-y thing.

((Have fun with doing that, mate. Conventional rounds don't work in Railguns, you need special ones with "Wings" to act as contacts between the rails. They'd also need to be conductive and, in all probability, magnetic.

See here. If you make it so the contacts are brush contacts on the gun itself, you'll have a maintenance nightmare, if you can even bypass the rails deforming from the "Recoil" acting to force them apart and the friction of the projectile causing extreme wear.))
Bleh. What he said for bullets, and as for a power source use a gauss rifle power thingummy. Also, consider slapping TCM.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 10, 2012, 02:33:13 pm »

((@Geen: TCM's character is Elisaz. You better remember that, he would have sex even with Steve if given the chance.))
>Yes?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 10, 2012, 02:46:43 pm »

Head back into VR, select 'Duel' option.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #624 on: May 10, 2012, 02:56:25 pm »

((And that's why I said, and I quote:
Reset and Modify the simulation.

I didn't want to continue it as-is.

Although, looks like that may have been a typo on my part.))
Yeah, you kept saying "rest" not reset. I just figured that might be a weird or foreign way of saying "Pause" so yeah.

You reset the simulation and modify it as you desire, creating a bit of cover and changing it from day to night.

[conwep:2] {N-spine reroll:failure}
You activate your cameyes to infrared and slide up against the ledge, popping out just long enough to open fire. The brilliant flash and glowing trail of fiery exhaust illuminate your position as a supercharged rocket round shrieks down at the cyborg and detonates a chuck of concrete near him. You crouch down again.
[uncon wep:5]
You hear powerful crunching sound and crack of thunder, followed by another, and then another.
[dex:3]
A part of the building a few yards away explodes and crumbles as a chunk of concrete pillar hurls up from where the cyborg was and slams into it. Uh oh.

Yes sir. I would like to continue on the simulator.
You attempt to fire a thin, metal rod from the Gauss rifle. At first it works quite badly, mostly because the rod just keeps falling out of the gun, until you create a sabot to hold it in place. The thin metal rods, because they lack stabilization, tumble in mid air and often impact their target flatly. And even when they do strike directly point on, they often bend and break rather then delivering their full force.

>Woah, slow down. Whats the matter, Gigantor?

Empyrea(n) halted and looked around.

"Hey, who are you and who the heck is Gigantor?"

She continued along the hall.
>Hi, I'm Steve and you're Gigantor. So exactly what are you screaming and bumbling around for?

You continue down the all and find a intersection. Signs painted on the walls show the way to the infirmary, armory, research area, and rec/mess hall.

((Geen, you still haven't answered the GM's question as to power source- I recommend you look over the armoury section of the OP for a starting point! :P Also: The lack of toilets disturbs me. I was wondering about that earlier.))

((The GM did mention that Stasis Pods remove wastes. I don't know about anything else though.))

((Have fun with doing that, mate. Conventional rounds don't work in Railguns, you need special ones with "Wings" to act as contacts between the rails. They'd also need to be conductive and, in all probability, magnetic.

See here. If you make it so the contacts are brush contacts on the gun itself, you'll have a maintenance nightmare, if you can even bypass the rails deforming from the "Recoil" acting to force them apart and the friction of the projectile causing extreme wear.))
Bleh. What he said for bullets, and as for a power source use a gauss rifle power thingummy. Also, consider slapping TCM.
Ok, So a pretty much you want to take a normal gauss rifle, fit it for middle and long range and give it a scope and bayonet? Thats all do-able. In fact, it's all doable using kits from the Armory. You should go ask the Armory master about it.

((You got it, I just wanted to know if the facilities existed for the sake of realism. No roleplaying shit, please, this is not FATAL.))

"So, is there a middle term between the long-range attachment and no attachment at all? I was hoping for something to help firing at medium ranges as well, even if it meant buying two kits, each for a different range."
Milno heads to the VR Machines and enters tinker, summoning a gauss rifle and disassembling it to check which part holds the "core" of the weapon (if the coils and generators are in the same section, for example).

>There are kits to make it into a more standard rifle, rather then the short range pseudo rifle it is now.(+1 long and middle, 0 short) They mainly consist of just replacing the barrel and changing the firing mechanisms to a bolt action.

You go to a vr machine and summon up a gauss rifle, choosing the "explode" option and watching as it expands the rifle out into all it's component parts. It seems like the coils are all near the back and the majority of the barrel is actually an interchangeable part that can be switched around without messing with the firing system. The actual generator is directly behind the coils, partially within the stock of the weapon.

Head back into VR, select 'Duel' option.

You hop back into the VR machine and select duel. It asks you to choose your equipment, your enemies and their equipment, and your fighting location.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #625 on: May 10, 2012, 02:59:06 pm »

"Obviously, because I have yet to find a nice weapon in this pl- Ah, an armory! Sounds swell. "

She strides purposefully to the armory.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 10, 2012, 03:05:16 pm »

Equipment: Camouflaged Mk III Suit, 3 Kiloton Charges, Kinetic Amplifier, Microwave Field Manipulator

Enemies: The Supreme Magistrate with his/her Bodyguards ((Or any equivalent))

Enemy Equipment: The standard issue the Supreme Magistrate and Bodyguard has during regular hours.

Location: The Palace ((or any equivalent)) of the Supreme Magistrate.

Current Status: Undetected.

((Piecewise, how closely does the mythology of this game relate to actual history? Like Elisaz was singing about the Soviet Union, so I assume it's fairly close?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 10, 2012, 03:06:25 pm »

Crouch/crawl/whatever a few meters so that I'm in a different position, and fire again, aiming for the cyborg's torso.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 10, 2012, 03:14:28 pm »

Milno checks if he can, whilst replacing or adapting only one or two major parts, create a 3 chamber revolving system with multiple coils and more than one generator (in such a way that when one slug is in the barrel the next shots are already being charged) to achieve a higher rate of fire, strengthening the structure of the rifle if necessary. If it works, he checks for the price and for how easy it would be to convert a common gauss rifle.

"How easy is it to swap from one kit to another? How many minutes in the field?"

He also checks if he can create a specific set of tools to make it easier for him to disassemble, modify and reassemble any existing gauss weaponry in the armory and the tesla sabre. If he can, he checks for the price and if it is an one-shot kit.
>Yes?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 10, 2012, 03:22:47 pm »

That idea isnt dead yet. Shrink the rods a bit. maybe by 25% most. also, see if i can force them to take on a positive charge when they leave the chamber.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 2101