_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931014 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #585 on: May 10, 2012, 01:21:59 am »

Milno sighs. All is well at last.
He calmly heads back to the armory and asks for a laser rifle. After the armory master is back there, of course.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:27:14 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 10, 2012, 01:29:01 am »

((Well... Bishop is not going to have a good day.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 10, 2012, 01:32:47 am »

"Good thing you're back Steve, I almost lost it. Now can I get a price check on my gizmo?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 10, 2012, 01:36:12 am »

((Ok, going to sleep.))
Milno also uses the opportunity to ask Steve his last questions once again.
"How about something like a dettachable barrel extension? I wanted to check if there was something to enhance the Gauss rifle's medium range effectivity but could also be easily taken off to make it work like usual, better at short ranges.
I was also thinking that a telescopic extension for a Gauss rifle would include enough magnet systems to keep the bullet steady. But I am no technician, so I am probably dead wrong even about it being feasible."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 10, 2012, 01:43:10 am »

Calmly head back to the medical place and resume resting.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #590 on: May 10, 2012, 01:48:45 am »

Milno sighs. All is well at last.
He calmly heads back to the armory and asks for a laser rifle. After the armory master is back there, of course.
You head to the armory and find the armory master there, putting her hair back up.
"One laser rifle, please."
She slides you the weapon with a distracted sort of look.

"Good thing you're back Steve, I almost lost it. Now can I get a price check on my gizmo?"
>I'm fine, thanks for asking. Your thing, thats the one designed to kill epileptics right? 4 for the laser and gauss rifle, 1 for the case to hold the bits in, 1 for the tv and as far as ammo goes...probably 1 token for every spear, regardless of size.

((Ok, going to sleep.))
Milno also uses the opportunity to ask Steve his last questions once again.
"How about something like a dettachable barrel extension? I wanted to check if there was something to enhance the Gauss rifle's medium range effectivity but could also be easily taken off to make it work like usual, better at short ranges.
I was also thinking that a telescopic extension for a Gauss rifle would include enough magnet systems to keep the bullet steady. But I am no technician, so I am probably dead wrong even about it being feasible."

>Detachable barrels, sure. There's a whole sniper kit if you really want to refit it.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 10, 2012, 02:09:09 am »

Ivan raises his hand for some reason.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 10, 2012, 05:43:33 am »

Exit VR Combat Sim.

Okay, what just happened? I just heard a warning about life support failure on the ship.

((I would assume that a message about something like that would be given in VR as well.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 10, 2012, 06:05:17 am »

Mason is about to enter the VR when red emergency lights start blinking.

"Alright, what gives?"
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 10, 2012, 06:18:04 am »

Exit VR. " Who is assaulting the ship?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 10, 2012, 07:13:35 am »

Before the ship shutting down (if you allow):
Experiment with the Gauss rifle firing long but thin lightning rods at short - medium distances. straight.

After:
Where did the pain come from! Where did the pain come from?Run the hell around the ship until I find the cafeteria.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 07:36:08 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 10, 2012, 08:16:52 am »

"Well that was interesting. So, lets see what this rifle can do."

Examine the rifle in detail. Push all the buttons, twist all the dials.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 10, 2012, 09:02:12 am »

You head to the armory and find the armory master there, putting her hair back up.
"One laser rifle, please."
She slides you the weapon with a distracted sort of look.
Milno just knows the armory master would not give him any details about what happened, so he just moves away, throws her a last glance to check on her actions and moves back to the hall.
"So Steve, how much for the kit to make the gauss rifle more versatile?."

He passes by Mason in the rec room, who is rambling about something even though it is all back to normal, then something hits him...Where could he take a shower? He used to take around three to four a day back in his homeworld due to a worldwide habit, and old habits die hard, unfortunately.
Milno starts to wonder about where would showers be in this ship or if there exists a different method for cleaning that has been keeping the "inmates" from getting excessively dirty. Maybe because the ship keeps purifying the air and keeping its halls clean? How about the sweat? Oh shit, mundane doubts.

((@GM: Handwaving powers, time to spring into action.))
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 10, 2012, 11:09:03 am »

Nikitian flips through the events of the last few minutes in his memory.
As expected of the one chosen to represent the Magisters' Will - I had no doubt in you, Steve. Still, good to know you're back with us, Big Brother.
((@Spinal Taper As for continious fire, yes, it is kind of possible. I've found it is possible to attach a medium-sized power generator to a lasrifle and then it would have capacity of 60 seconds, replenishing by roughly 10% every turn. So, if the turn length is <6 seconds, you can fire it continously.
Well, if it doesn't support charging up while firing, you could install two generators and then make them work consequently. Oh, and that way (or by using a larger power generator) bigger capacity (and thus, higher intensity continious fire) can be achieved. I'm thinking of making a power supply backpack, with cables to feed any lasrifles or cutlases or tinker-born derivatives of those (however, plasma gun might still be too much), so you might try it yourself or we could work together.
@piecewise What is a 'charging circuit' of the gauss rifle? Is it a power generator with a bank of capacitors attached to it, or just a bank of capacitors? Also, how powerful is the gauss rifle power generator compared to the one I was toying with before? ))

Add a medium-sized bank of capacitors to the design and test how powerful would a charged pulse be.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 10, 2012, 11:12:33 am »

((@Spinal Taper As for continious fire, yes, it is kind of possible.))
((It is fully possible as long as you have enough energy. The laser rifle keeps firing as long as you keep the trigger pressed, so it is more that recharging matter you are fidding with.

Edit: @Nikitian: Backpack, Hellgun?))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 2101