_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930838 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #600 on: May 10, 2012, 11:18:15 am »

Edit: @Nikitian: Backpack, Hellgun?))
((Yeah *grin*))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 10, 2012, 11:25:13 am »

Thomas heads into the VR machine and designs a massive backpack shaped generator, which has retractable legs that can extend from the bottom behind the user. He creates a hand-held electromagnet that can be plugged into the generator. Then, he tests the gauss rifle, flamethrower and flasher again, using the generator for energy. He tests the electromagnets ability to deflect a variety of different projectiles.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 11:35:08 am by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 10, 2012, 11:26:41 am »

Well, if the emergency is over, I'm getting back to VR. Anyone want to join me? I'm testing my weapon, you could too if you have a prototype.

Rest simulation, only 2 changes (Unless other players join, they'll set their enemies, locations, etc.): The roof I'm on has a ridge, enough to cover one person crouching, and it's in the middle of the night.

Crouch behind the ridge, activate Thermal Imaging, pop up long enough to aim and fire 1 super-overcharge shot at the cyborg, aiming for the chest, then crouch again.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 10, 2012, 11:28:13 am »

"I'll join up as soon as I finish testing this. Also, Steve, can you patch me into the mission radio? I just want to listen."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 11:41:02 am by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 10, 2012, 11:45:33 am »

I wouldn't mind being patched into the mission radio as well, Steve. I think it might be interesting, especially if it was an action on their part that shut you down for a few moments. But only once I finish up the prototype simulation, I don't want the broadcast interrupting that, it needs to get done.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:00:13 pm by PyroDesu »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #605 on: May 10, 2012, 12:41:28 pm »

Exit VR Combat Sim.

Okay, what just happened? I just heard a warning about life support failure on the ship.

((I would assume that a message about something like that would be given in VR as well.))
Exit VR. " Who is assaulting the ship?"
You both exit the vr machines and look around in confusion as though you missed something exciting but of little overall significance.

Before the ship shutting down (if you allow):
Experiment with the Gauss rifle firing long but thin lightning rods at short - medium distances. straight.

After:
Where did the pain come from! Where did the pain come from?Run the hell around the ship until I find the cafeteria.
Ships fine again, do you still want to screw around with the VR system?

You head to the armory and find the armory master there, putting her hair back up.
"One laser rifle, please."
She slides you the weapon with a distracted sort of look.
Milno just knows the armory master would not give him any details about what happened, so he just moves away, throws her a last glance to check on her actions and moves back to the hall.
"So Steve, how much for the kit to make the gauss rifle more versatile?."

He passes by Mason in the rec room, who is rambling about something even though it is all back to normal, then something hits him...Where could he take a shower? He used to take around three to four a day back in his homeworld due to a worldwide habit, and old habits die hard, unfortunately.
Milno starts to wonder about where would showers be in this ship or if there exists a different method for cleaning that has been keeping the "inmates" from getting excessively dirty. Maybe because the ship keeps purifying the air and keeping its halls clean? How about the sweat? Oh shit, mundane doubts.

((@GM: Handwaving powers, time to spring into action.))
You suddenly realize there are no showers on this ship! Or toilets for that matter. And you're fairly sure you haven't eaten in days. You have the strangest feeling that this state of otherworldly detachment from reality, from the need to eat and sleep and bathe, might come crumbling down if you voice any sort of concern about it. Oh well, back to denial!

(I don't so much hand wave as I just slap people :P)

Nikitian flips through the events of the last few minutes in his memory.
As expected of the one chosen to represent the Magisters' Will - I had no doubt in you, Steve. Still, good to know you're back with us, Big Brother.
((@Spinal Taper As for continious fire, yes, it is kind of possible. I've found it is possible to attach a medium-sized power generator to a lasrifle and then it would have capacity of 60 seconds, replenishing by roughly 10% every turn. So, if the turn length is <6 seconds, you can fire it continously.
Well, if it doesn't support charging up while firing, you could install two generators and then make them work consequently. Oh, and that way (or by using a larger power generator) bigger capacity (and thus, higher intensity continious fire) can be achieved. I'm thinking of making a power supply backpack, with cables to feed any lasrifles or cutlases or tinker-born derivatives of those (however, plasma gun might still be too much), so you might try it yourself or we could work together.
@piecewise What is a 'charging circuit' of the gauss rifle? Is it a power generator with a bank of capacitors attached to it, or just a bank of capacitors? Also, how powerful is the gauss rifle power generator compared to the one I was toying with before? ))

Add a medium-sized bank of capacitors to the design and test how powerful would a charged pulse be.

The charging circuit for a gauss rifle is basically the generator(they're pretty small) a small bank of capacitors to handle storing the energy for firing and the rest of the circuitry involved with controlling how the generator and capacitors charge and release this energy.

A medium sized bank of capacitors allows the laser rifle to fire at maximum intensity for a pulse of about 1 second with a 5 second charge time. In other words, it would require 6 perfectly calibrated Charging circuits and capacitor banks to allow for continuous fire.

Well, if the emergency is over, I'm getting back to VR. Anyone want to join me? I'm testing my weapon, you could too if you have a prototype.

Rest simulation, only 2 changes (Unless other players join, they'll set their enemies, locations, etc.): The roof I'm on has a ridge, enough to cover one person crouching, and it's in the middle of the night.

Crouch behind the ridge, activate Thermal Imaging, pop up long enough to aim and fire 1 super-overcharge shot at the cyborg, aiming for the chest, then crouch again.
So do you want to reset the simulation entirely or simply pause and edit it before continuing?

Thomas heads into the VR machine and designs a massive backpack shaped generator, which has retractable legs that can extend from the bottom behind the user. He creates a hand-held electromagnet that can be plugged into the generator. Then, he tests the gauss rifle, flamethrower and flasher again, using the generator for energy. He tests the electromagnets ability to deflect a variety of different projectiles.
Ok, now when you say "Massive" I assume you're talking about one the size of a backpack. One that big would pretty much just destroy your gun. To put it in perspective the generator the gauss rifle uses is a little bit bigger then a deck of cards. You could use transformers to lower the energy to a manageable level, but you'd be wasting a lot. Now, a smaller generator with a large capacitor to act as a sort of giant recharging battery, something like that could work.  As per an electromagnet and deflecting things...well, look at it this way. For you to get an electromagnet strong enough to sufficiently influence the path of a bullet you'd have to have something strong enough that it would tear all the metal off your suit and everyone elses in 30 feet.

I wouldn't mind being patched into the mission radio as well, Steve. I think it might be interesting, especially if it was an action on their part that shut you down for a few moments. But only once I finish up the prototype simulation, I don't want the broadcast interrupting that, it needs to get done.
"I'll join up as soon as I finish testing this. Also, Steve, can you patch me into the mission radio? I just want to listen."
>Yeah, let me just patch you into the radio broadcast from a quarantine zone. The same one that was packed full of dangerous files not even minutes ago. I'm gonna go with "No."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:45:19 pm by piecewise »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 10, 2012, 12:49:46 pm »

Rest and Modify the simulation.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 10, 2012, 12:50:09 pm »

Milno just knows the armory master would not give him any details about what happened, so he just moves away, throws her a last glance to check on her actions and moves back to the hall.
((@GM: I suspected the hand wave would be something along those lines. Well, less power for Steve.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 10, 2012, 12:57:53 pm »

@TCM: O.o WTF
Make myself a railgun-style semi auto combat rifle, with conventional .45 FMJ rounds, and a scope and some sort of bayonet-y thing.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 10, 2012, 01:00:40 pm »

((Geen, you still haven't answered the GM's question as to power source- I recommend you look over the armoury section of the OP for a starting point! :P Also: The lack of toilets disturbs me. I was wondering about that earlier.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 10, 2012, 01:02:54 pm »

"Well that was interesting. So, lets see what this rifle can do."

Examine the rifle in detail. Push all the buttons, twist all the dials.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 10, 2012, 01:07:19 pm »

((Geen, you still haven't answered the GM's question as to power source- I recommend you look over the armoury section of the OP for a starting point! :P Also: The lack of toilets disturbs me. I was wondering about that earlier.))

((The GM did mention that Stasis Pods remove wastes. I don't know about anything else though.))

Make myself a railgun-style semi auto combat rifle, with conventional .45 FMJ rounds, and a scope and some sort of bayonet-y thing.

((Have fun with doing that, mate. Conventional rounds don't work in Railguns, you need special ones with "Wings" to act as contacts between the rails. They'd also need to be conductive and, in all probability, magnetic.

See here. If you make it so the contacts are brush contacts on the gun itself, you'll have a maintenance nightmare, if you can even bypass the rails deforming from the "Recoil" acting to force them apart and the friction of the projectile causing extreme wear.))
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:12:45 pm by PyroDesu »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #612 on: May 10, 2012, 01:16:04 pm »

Rest and Modify the simulation.
I'll point out that you have no more thermal imaging (cam eyes destroyed, remember?) and that you're staring at the inside of your own chest plate because your body automatically switched to its back up camera.

You edit the program to include a ledge to hide behind and change the time tonight before returning to the fight. You grope blindly and manage to find the ledge and duck behind it. And then something hits you. Hard. [End:4] You're knocked backwards and cartwheel a few times till you come to a rest. Ow.

((@GM: I suspected the hand wave would be something along those lines. Well, less power for Steve.))
The showers and toilets and stuff are all in the barracks in my original plans, I just never said anything about them because I didn't think anyone wanted to roleplay taking a crap :P

But now I see the error of my ways. Please, everyone, head to the bathroom en mass and let me render your bowel movements in soul rending detail! I finally have a chance to use the phrase "Corn-laden" 

>That kit is about 3 token, unless the Armory master changed it. It's got a smart-scope, bipod and specialized replacement barrel. 

Conventional rounds, ie gunpowder ones, but fired from a railgun? Seems a bit silly. Also, first problem is that railguns, like gauss rifles, are generally single shot things, sort of like a bolt action rifle. In order to get them up to semi-auto speeds you'll need to graft on some extra power circuits, which will raise cost and weight a bit. You ok with that? Scope and Bayonet are easy though.

"Well that was interesting. So, lets see what this rifle can do."

Examine the rifle in detail. Push all the buttons, twist all the dials.

There are 2 dials and a small control pad. You push all the buttons on the control pad and successfully type out 1234567890 on the screen. he dials don't seem to do anything, but then again maybe you won't be able to see what they do without firing the weapon.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 10, 2012, 01:17:23 pm »

((TCM's character is a serial rapist, tiger fucker, mass murderer and arsonist of babies, if you have not realized that by now.

And you should really check the armory. In the grim dark future, a Gauss Rifle with a 20mm slug is a conventional weapon. So...yeah.

@GM: Now that sounded more like your type of answer. But no, not roleplaying taking shits. I just wanted to know if the things existed.))
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:19:17 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 10, 2012, 01:21:20 pm »

Twist dials to figure out what they do. Fire laser after each adjustment.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 2101