Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188005 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #825 on: September 26, 2012, 11:04:46 am »

Just did ascalon catacombs for the first time (story) and wow... yeah. I hate to say it, but that was a completely terrible experience.
AC is the WORST dungeon.

Recommendation: Try the level +50 dungeons before you write the whole thing off.  They should not be a wipe-fest as AC is...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 26, 2012, 11:52:47 am »

The only dungeon I've run is Caudecus's Manor and it was pretty fun. I only did story mode so it wasn't super hard, but it was pretty neat.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 26, 2012, 12:52:32 pm »

I see that KSM has been pillaged?  Stuff moved over to the other guild?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 26, 2012, 03:30:43 pm »

Well thanks for the info, I'm actually level 45 (couldn't find a group for AC before this) so I can do the manor one right now. Maybe I'll give it a shot if it's not as bad as AC.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 26, 2012, 07:41:07 pm »

I would guess so.  KSM seems pretty abandoned, so it would make sense to put together all the resources.

I'm still is KSM at the moment, I must have gotten 2 invites for DFC but none of them seemed to have gone through.  Maybe it's because I'm not actually online when the invites happen?  I donno. Anyway I decided to stop wasting folks' time directly since every time I asked it seems folks were in the middle of something.  So I'll throw it here, if anybody in DFC with invite rights is here and willing to give it another shot I'm Greiger,7029.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 27, 2012, 08:10:48 am »

I would guess so.  KSM seems pretty abandoned, so it would make sense to put together all the resources.

I'm still is KSM at the moment, I must have gotten 2 invites for DFC but none of them seemed to have gone through.  Maybe it's because I'm not actually online when the invites happen?  I donno. Anyway I decided to stop wasting folks' time directly since every time I asked it seems folks were in the middle of something.  So I'll throw it here, if anybody in DFC with invite rights is here and willing to give it another shot I'm Greiger,7029.
Hmm. Sorry. Didn't mean to snag all the members.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 27, 2012, 08:38:43 pm »

Wow, it took me till now to notice that your character will actually trun his head to look at his target if weapons are sheathed.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 28, 2012, 03:05:46 am »

Wow, it took me till now to notice that your character will actually trun his head to look at his target if weapons are sheathed.
Its pretty common.  Other MMOs I've played have the head turning to target thing too.  Rift and the Star Wars one.  I think Tera too, but I forgotdo not remember.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 05:47:35 am by Zangi »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 28, 2012, 12:19:03 pm »

I love story missions sometimes. I get to the very end of this one, and then as soon as the boss fight spawns there are five enemies directly on top of me. I die in seconds.

I then come back from the beginning and am left in an impossible situation. My ally is dead. The enemies are so closely packed that aggroing one of them causes all of them to attack me. I can't do any fancy kiting because they all have CC, and even if I manage to get past that they go into invincible/regen mode constantly if they're anywhere near the edge of their aggro range.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 28, 2012, 07:11:34 pm »

In the most recent update, they finally fixed the bugs with the Greater Marks trait for the Necromancer's staff skills. (Greater Marks doubles the radius of the AOE skills for the staff, which is all of them aside from the basic attack.) Combined with getting a not-astoundingly-underleveled staff from another of my characters, I can now try necromancer again.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 28, 2012, 07:34:23 pm »

Still waiting for a DFC invite. Leyic.1458. Thank you.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 01, 2012, 10:59:11 am »

So what's with the "kitten socks and magma" guild? Is there a new one? This thread is very unhelpful. If someone could send an invite to baijiu.4280 it'd be great.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 01, 2012, 01:40:42 pm »

There's a DFC guild started by people in the Steam group that KSM has migrated to. The thread's useful and all of the information is here, you just have to search through 50+ pages (default posts per page) to find it. Looks like it was pretty recent (page 53/54), though.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 01, 2012, 02:57:56 pm »

Well, WvW reset. Now one team has over 90% of the points, complete control of every map up to the point where nobody on our server can leave their base, and all orbs on each map.

This is the third week in a row we've been in a situation like this. And it's the same world that utterly stomped us two weeks ago. Back then everyone cried "Oh, don't worry. This is the first week-long WvW match. They're just getting matchmaking tested." So I was hopeful. And now I'm seeing us matched up with the same exact world that has already proven they can destroy us. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 01, 2012, 04:52:10 pm »

Well, WvW reset. Now one team has over 90% of the points, complete control of every map up to the point where nobody on our server can leave their base, and all orbs on each map.

This is the third week in a row we've been in a situation like this. And it's the same world that utterly stomped us two weeks ago. Back then everyone cried "Oh, don't worry. This is the first week-long WvW match. They're just getting matchmaking tested." So I was hopeful. And now I'm seeing us matched up with the same exact world that has already proven they can destroy us. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?
Which world are you guys facing?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 86