Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187985 times)

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #810 on: September 18, 2012, 08:31:41 pm »

Currently I have had a decent supply of the basic materials but all the armor/weapon craftings are suffering from a shortage of secondary materials (claws, scales, etc). Does using better salvage kits help with that? (My current policy is to vendor unused blues and greens while salvaging anything below that).
Soaplent green is goblins!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 19, 2012, 02:10:03 am »

None of those items indicate better salvaging chance for blue crafting items.

Anything +50c gets vended, anything less gets salvaged.  Unless I think I have a chance to sell it at a better price on the trading post.  They will stay in limbo till the end of time if I overprice it and it never sells.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 19, 2012, 03:24:35 am »

I believe better salvage kits only increase the chances of getting higher tier metal/cloth/wood/leather, getting ectos on high level gear, and salvaging gems from jewelry instead of metal.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 19, 2012, 06:40:45 am »

The only way to increase the rate you get crafting ingredients is to equip magic find gear when you're farming. If you have 100% magic find, the 5% drop rate of the crafting mat you're searching for becomes 10%.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 19, 2012, 04:34:52 pm »

Magic find affects crafting materials? That's awesome.

/time to get traveler's gear and a bunch of opal orbs

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 20, 2012, 12:26:24 am »

I just played through Ascelonian Catacombs with only 4 people instead of the recommended 5, and one of them was two levels below the minimum. It took a lot of effort, but we managed to finish the dungeon. Killing the two mesmers with only 2 people on each was a PAIN, and we had to stop and regroup at least 4 times. In the end it was boulders to start and my hammer that kept them separated. Overall I didn't want to be there during the mesmer fight, but now I'm glad I did. It was kind of lame that the level 28 guy got no treasure, but he was happy for the experience at the end.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 20, 2012, 03:20:04 am »

Did everyone migrate to the other guild or something? Judging by the activity log, hardly anyone represents KSM anymore. If that's the case, I'd appreciate an invite. Leyic.1458

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 20, 2012, 11:02:12 am »

I stopped representing KSM because I was under the impression that everyone was migrating to DFC, which I'm still waiting on an invite for. I can invite you to KSM, but keep in mind that it'll be quiet until everyone is in one guild.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 20, 2012, 12:00:49 pm »

Where does one go for an invite to the DFC guild?  The only place I know of where to get in contact with DFC is the steam group, and the ancient long dead DFC forum thread.  And my steam seems to only want to lock up whenever I turn it on.

EDIT: There we go, got steam working again.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:08:23 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 20, 2012, 03:47:22 pm »

I just discovered the dredge rebels. For the moletariat!

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 23, 2012, 05:46:30 pm »

Got to 80 on my thief, planted him in Orr with a full Magic Find set of gear to farm, and working on my Warrior now. So far Warrior is a blast, taking on Champions one or two levels above me and never blinking. I think I'll eventually make him into a full defensive Shout healing warrior.

Worst part about the character? Having to listen to "For Great Justice!" every 20 seconds.  :-\

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 23, 2012, 07:03:05 pm »

Worst part about the character? Having to listen to "For Great Justice!" every 20 seconds.  :-\
Completely agree. Thought it was great the first time or two I heard it, but at this point I'm a little sick of it.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 23, 2012, 07:16:06 pm »

It should be something better, like.... like....

FREEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 26, 2012, 01:16:18 am »

Just did ascalon catacombs for the first time (story) and wow... yeah. I hate to say it, but that was a completely terrible experience.

Super, super hard trash pulls (lol two-shotted by normal attacks from ranged mobs) combined with easy, boring bosses except two:

The lovers, not so hard except... aggro mechanics seem absolutely random so they just sort of bounced all over the place and were hard to control.

The end boss, who just kept one-shotting me and I don't even know with what or why. The respawn is right there, though, it feels like the encounter was designed to be zerged down and that's basically what we did, respawn, dump on him, respawn till he died. Not at all fun, and completely unsatisfying.

Didn't even get any good loot, just a yellow rifle with a completely useless rune (+20 power on weapon swap, I'm an engineer, herpderp) and some random green/blues I vendored for basically armor repair cost.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 26, 2012, 05:19:42 am »

Yep, Dungeons aren't meant to be a grind you complete for gear/gold/karma. They're just an artificial challenge, a higher difficulty setting on the game.

It's like the regular game is Normal setting, the story mode dungeons are Hard, and the explorable mode is Elite. Rewards? The reward comes from beating the highest difficulty in the game, nothing more. The armor is cosmetic only, just bragging rights to show you can do it to all around you.

For me, that's enough. I think I wanna try to find a guild that does regular dungeon runs after I finish capping my second character. Give me the challenge. I don't care about PvP or WvWvW, I just want to be able to beat the hardest content in the game, to know it from start to finish and have a team of similar friends that can back me up doing it. I want to own the fights, know the mechanics inside and out, steamroll the best ArenaNet has to offer on a daily basis. That's my idea of fun.

I think I'll build my warrior for this. Fully defensively specced for Toughness, Vitality and Healing, able to toss out a healing shout every 7 seconds whilst maintaining permanent Fury, Swiftness and 11 stacks of Might. Even with fully defensive gearing the buffs will still equal significant increases in damage output (equal to 385 power, 385 condition damage and 423.2 precision worth of gear/traits). I firmly believe in the old saying "Your DPS drops to zero when you're dead."
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 05:36:31 am by Jimmy »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 86