Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188004 times)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #795 on: September 17, 2012, 08:36:04 am »

And my jeweler is now at 300 jeweling. After blazing through the platinum tiers in about five minutes, I've hit a wall at mithril. I assume you can get it reliably in Orr?
don't worry, there's a shitton of mithril in Orr. I almost reached 250 stored (the max)

Now, Orichalcum. That's another thing...

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 17, 2012, 08:53:26 am »

so yea...i'm kind of pissed off about the game...there has been a new thing added that if you are in a map for certain amount of time, you get reduced drop rates, this was added in the patch a couple of days ago which has caused it to be very hard to gather material for crafting, i've noticed this reduced drop rate kicks in within an hour
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 17, 2012, 09:34:01 am »

Wow... that kinda sucks. I thought before they just had it so if you were in the same region that sort of thing happened...

Anyways, someone else and I from the guild grouped up the other day and doing 9 events netted us over 100 influence, where 9 events normally gets 18 influence. Now every time I come on I'm just going to be looking for people to party up with and I'm not even level 80 yet.

... Maybe because higher levels areas are still rather underpopulated.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 17, 2012, 10:16:22 am »

So Orr is just fantastically unfun to run around in. They found the single most frustrating way to spread enemies out - they're pretty much perfectly spaced so that the edges of their aggro ranges touch. This means that there are effectively zero routes you can take to avoid getting attacked.

And all of them have the most annoying abilities in the game and they're all super tanky. So there is no way to walk through Orr without spending large chunks of time fighting really annoying monsters. And you don't even get to fight them in clusters so you can take them down with AOE, because they're all spread out so far.

Anyone else noticed a huge attack speed buff lately? I mean, I enjoy it, because it makes slaughtering mobs by the hundreds that much easier, but it's insane how fast a dagger mainhand Elementalist hits with that lightning whip.

No, not at all. All my abilities are executing at the exact same speed they always have been. Is it possible they just changed the dagger elementalist's animations or something?

so yea...i'm kind of pissed off about the game...there has been a new thing added that if you are in a map for certain amount of time, you get reduced drop rates, this was added in the patch a couple of days ago which has caused it to be very hard to gather material for crafting, i've noticed this reduced drop rate kicks in within an hour

That's not new at all. It's been in the game at least since release, and probably was there back in beta.

edit: actually, it dates all the way back to a similar code in Guild Wars 1

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 17, 2012, 10:18:27 am »

I know there's some anti-bot code that starts if you're killing the same type of mob (like killing just centaurs, or killing just risen humanoids, etc) for about an hour, is that what you're talking about? I hadn't heard of anything tied to specific areas and they typically try and have variety of mobs within regions so you don't trip that code just by playing. You can probably get around it by rotating through farming different mobs in the area, like go kill centaurs for cloth and leather for a bit, then go find a spot a little ways away to kill some animals for bones or something and then come back to the centaurs.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:23:29 am by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 17, 2012, 10:25:38 am »

Yeah, the anti-mob code is very well understood. You have to kill a certain number of the same category of mob (centaur, risen humanoid, risen animal) within a certain amount of time.

And I'm just loving the sound effects in Orr. It's like they got an old man with some horrible lung disease to wheeze into the mic constantly. This definitely doesn't compound how unpleasant it is to be here.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 18, 2012, 01:05:24 am »

yea...i was looking around some more, apparantly i was wrong, the patch just changed up the loot tables, i mostly thought it was the anti-farm code that was causing the drop rates to be horrible, maybe its simply knowing about it will make me try to see it in places...
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 18, 2012, 12:56:48 pm »

You can now discover from your collections tab. Cooking is now much easier.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 18, 2012, 02:02:55 pm »

Anyone else noticed a huge attack speed buff lately? I mean, I enjoy it, because it makes slaughtering mobs by the hundreds that much easier, but it's insane how fast a dagger mainhand Elementalist hits with that lightning whip.

This sounds like a known bug that occurs map-wide. Ask in /map chat if others are experiencing the same thing to confirm. You should also be able to zone elsewhere and see normal attack/movement rates.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 18, 2012, 02:06:26 pm »

It's gone now, unfortunately. That made ripping through even events easier, since with a Staff I could simply blow things away at range with no problem.

On the other hand, the patch kinda annoys me due to an apparent difficulty spike in some of the more easily farmable dungeons. I know they're trying to make it harder so that people can't blow through things in 15 minutes to get 26 silver and 3/4 of a level multiple times in a day, but does it really deserve the D3 treatment?
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 18, 2012, 02:21:40 pm »

The whole game is anti-farming, so it doesn't surprise me. I think that as long as it's still doable it's fine. If it takes a couple extra minutes or a better plan to not die, so be it. I'm not going to object to a more challenging dungeon, but that might just be me. I love a good challenge.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 18, 2012, 02:45:01 pm »

Crafting is still pretty heavily farm-based, I would say, especially cloth and leather. I get way, way less of those than I do wood and metal.

I'm glad I picked jewelcrafting/artificer for my main character. I am not looking forward to doing weaponsmith/leather on my next, having to share monster parts and all, and leather annoying to collect (more annoying than resources nodes, at least). It doesn't help that I don't really salvage gear. I'll salvage the trophy/salvage items, but actual gear (even white gear) I'll tend to vendor.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 18, 2012, 02:48:45 pm »

The amount of leather and cloth you have is directly related to the amount you salvage, yeah. I have two characters between 35 and 40 and I have almost 450 of the basic leather and almost 250 of the second tier because I salvaged about 80% of the gear I got. I'm probably lower on gold than you are, but that just means you get to buy the stuff from the trading post I guess.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 18, 2012, 02:57:25 pm »

I'm doing all the crafting professions and I can tell you that I had enough cloth to get past each barrier as it arrived. I still need a little more for leatherworking when I have time, but tailoring and armoursmithing are both past 125.

If you're only using one character you might have an issue trying to get enough of the materials, but if you use most of your character slots and salvage everything you should be fine.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 18, 2012, 05:08:03 pm »

I agree with the changes to dungeons. So glad I don't need to read the spam asking for CoF speed runs anymore.

Anti-farm code can be bypassed fairly simply if you're farming by swapping to another character in a different area. For example, spend an hour in Orr on your 80 farming mobs and resource nodes, then swap to a lowbie alt and grind some copper and levels after an hour.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 86