Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187977 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #840 on: October 01, 2012, 04:58:50 pm »

Just did ascalon catacombs for the first time (story) and wow... yeah. I hate to say it, but that was a completely terrible experience.
AC is the WORST dungeon.

Recommendation: Try the level +50 dungeons before you write the whole thing off.  They should not be a wipe-fest as AC is...
How can AC be a wipe fest?

Though I believe the 2 skelks for route 1 and 3 might be too hard considering tanking as we understood it was gone. That said, the maxim of dding from the side always work.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 01, 2012, 05:08:45 pm »

Well, WvW reset. Now one team has over 90% of the points, complete control of every map up to the point where nobody on our server can leave their base, and all orbs on each map.

This is the third week in a row we've been in a situation like this. And it's the same world that utterly stomped us two weeks ago. Back then everyone cried "Oh, don't worry. This is the first week-long WvW match. They're just getting matchmaking tested." So I was hopeful. And now I'm seeing us matched up with the same exact world that has already proven they can destroy us. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

Which world are you guys facing?

Northern Shiverpeaks.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 01, 2012, 06:34:11 pm »

Well, WvW reset. Now one team has over 90% of the points, complete control of every map up to the point where nobody on our server can leave their base, and all orbs on each map.

This is the third week in a row we've been in a situation like this. And it's the same world that utterly stomped us two weeks ago. Back then everyone cried "Oh, don't worry. This is the first week-long WvW match. They're just getting matchmaking tested." So I was hopeful. And now I'm seeing us matched up with the same exact world that has already proven they can destroy us. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

Which world are you guys facing?

Northern Shiverpeaks.
I don't understand much of the situation on the bottom tiers to be honest.

We at HoD are as tired for facing JQ every week. Notably, JQ and SBI got better primetime, but HoD steamrollered off peak.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 01, 2012, 10:31:21 pm »

In Sea of Sorrows, some NPCs who do skill challenges are missing and Ascalonion Catacombs does not work at the moment. Is it the same with other servers?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 02, 2012, 04:34:51 am »

Can you guys throw me an invite to the other guild?

Facekillz.7148

Well, I think those are the right 4 numbers after my name, xD.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 02, 2012, 03:39:12 pm »

In Sea of Sorrows, some NPCs who do skill challenges are missing and Ascalonion Catacombs does not work at the moment. Is it the same with other servers?
it is almost a common occurance.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 02, 2012, 04:47:38 pm »

I don't understand much of the situation on the bottom tiers to be honest.

We at HoD are as tired for facing JQ every week. Notably, JQ and SBI got better primetime, but HoD steamrollered off peak.

I'm not sure how we'll fare against Northern Shiverpeaks, but last week against Yak's Bend we'd get beat down to like 5-10% control every day and climb back up to 20-30% control every night. Maybe I'll just have to alter my sleep schedule if I want to WvW.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 06, 2012, 02:58:48 pm »

Elementalists are really fun to play. A dagger/dagger ele plays a lot like the Vanguard from Mass Effect 2, with their frequent use of movement abilities, stuns and PBAoEs.

By the way, could I get an invite to whichever DF guild is active these days? My username is ajm.8375
Soaplent green is goblins!

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 07, 2012, 06:24:39 am »

finally hit 80! and now i've reached armour on which midnight ice looks nowhere near as dark :(

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 09, 2012, 08:52:53 am »

So....couple of buddies recently purchased this and I'm thinking of joining them. Is fun?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 09, 2012, 06:07:57 pm »

So....couple of buddies recently purchased this and I'm thinking of joining them. Is fun?
Its not very grindy.  Still a 60 buck investment.  Don't know your preferences, but if you can get at least 60 hours into it?  I think I've already put more then 4x of that time already.  No subscription either.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 09, 2012, 06:36:23 pm »

Alright so I've finally gotten my hands on this game, been looking forward to playing this!

Only there's one small hurdle. Or perhaps not so small. See I have to name my first character...
I'm making a female sylvari first off (making a male human thief to, thank god the nick I used in beta hasn't been taken yet) and according to naming conventions sylvari have celtic/gallic etc single word names.

Single word names are tricky since it appears names are shared across servers. Ergo by now every single name concievable has been taken.
So after entering the dozen names I had in mind I started entering random thematically relevant names. I did this for about two hours...yeah.

So help me out here would you. Find me an rp friendly name for a female sylvari that hopefully isn't taken yet.  :'(

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 09, 2012, 06:47:20 pm »

Ewww...so they're handling names like they did for CoH? That's a pain in the ass.

Well, my wife fairly pushed me into buying this (it's almost my birthday, and gaming with one of my buddies could be considered support mechanism right now, so...) so I'm downloading now.

ID is RedKing.1532 if anyone's interested. Is server assignment random, and if not, any tips on servers to join or avoid?

EDIT: Jesus H. Christ this is a big download.... :o
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 07:03:44 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 09, 2012, 07:17:40 pm »

Emhry Bay(?) is the official(?) NE America Server I believe, that most of us are on(?).

Naming isn't really too bad, imo, unless you aren't taking advantage of the fact that you can have spaces in your name.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 09, 2012, 07:19:57 pm »

I would like to get into the larger/active guild but from what I can tell the officers either don't exist, are lazy, or don't play the game, so I've not gotten an invite ever.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 86