Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188062 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Reddit, the MMORPG
« Reply #630 on: September 02, 2012, 04:13:06 pm »

Thieves are adventurers, so they use leatherworking/medium armor

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 02, 2012, 04:34:14 pm »

Thanks.

Also, I have no clue how they manged to make finding dyes so fun. Gotta catch 'em all.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 02, 2012, 04:48:49 pm »

I was a big fan of dagger pistol when playing beta myself, I found it gave a lot of utility to get on top any situation. Handy single target blind and teleport along with aoe blind on black powder is just to much fun. Didn't really have the burst I think some other weapon sets have though. But interrupting critical abilities in pvp with headshot was so much fun.
Along with the blind I liked running that poison that rooted a target in place. No running and no hitting you back while you have at it!

Ugh I wish I could play the game myself. Why must you be 'sold out' GW2, I want to play and I've ran out of patience.  :'(

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 02, 2012, 04:51:52 pm »

oh wow its sold out... servers must really be under stress for them to be turning away sales

either that or its just to generate more hype :p

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 02, 2012, 05:04:21 pm »

No it's genuinly sold out, servers to full and they didn't anticipate so many players. afaik NCSoft even binned City of Heroes to 'focus on other games', most likely to get GW2 more resources.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 02, 2012, 05:24:34 pm »

Hm, the cost for switching crafting disciplines looks like it can get pretty annoying. I guess I'll just make another character when I need another type of crafting.

Is the crafting bank an account-shared thing like the normal bank is?

Bormok, God of Mud

• Bay Watcher
  • Cousin of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 02, 2012, 05:46:18 pm »

Is the crafting bank an account-shared thing like the normal bank is?
Yep.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 02, 2012, 10:10:35 pm »

No it's genuinly sold out, servers to full and they didn't anticipate so many players. afaik NCSoft even binned City of Heroes to 'focus on other games', most likely to get GW2 more resources.

Holy shit. Now I must haves.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 02, 2012, 11:16:49 pm »

Theif is a really weird class in GW2. Because your weapon skills have initiative (like a WoW rogue's energy) costs instead of cooldowns, it lends itself to the spamming of one or two weapon skills in most situations. In my case, I use the shortbow's cluster bomb more than all of the other shortbow skills combined. (For those who have not played thief, cluster bomb shoots an arcing, slow-moving projectile that explodis in a large AOE for good damage, and can be optionally split in mid-flight into several weaker projectiles that can do even more single-target damage if you time the split just above your target so that they all hit. The timing and aiming make spamming it more interesting than it than it sounds.)
To be honest, though, I am not all that keen on most of the other thief weapon sets, probably because I am addicted to having AOEs. I do like dual daggers, aside from all the damage I take from fighting in melee without being good at dodging.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 03, 2012, 12:28:57 am »

Just stumbled upon my first incredibly strong combination in spvp.

Me and a buddy were both warriors.  We stuck together whenever we were on the same team.  When one of us went down the other would drop the elite banner.  The elite banner when summoned rallies all downed allies, as well as providing a big buff.  That gets him back up and we keep fighting, now they have a disadvantage from the banner, as well as having less hp than when they started the fight, they down me?  Buddy drops his banner rallying me.

Now we have 2 elite banners stacking on eachother, giving huge buffs, and an extremely weakened enemy fighting two warriors that 'Just won't fucking die.'

------------
Also on a more solo method, in the ruins on the capricorn map.  Warriors have a downed skill that lets them get up and fight normally for about 10 seconds, downside is that they have almost no chance of rallying on kill when they do that, and if they run out of time or get downed in that state they go straight to defeated, it also starts on cooldown, not being useable for about 5 seconds after they go down.

There is a trait that gives warriors the normal 100% chance to rally when they kill something in this state.  If the sharks are aggro to the warrior while fighting in the ruins, a vengeance warrior in this state only needs to kill a shark, a simple task if a team fight is going on down there thanks to all the AoE being thrown around, made even simpler thanks to a spear warrior having a really strong AoE attack, and boom, free rally.  One really long fight down there had me vengeance and rally 6 times doing that.

I would be downed, I would start punching and kicking the nearest target, and then pop vengeance when it became availible, use the spear spin into the mass of fighting players and sharks and rally every time.   I was finally beaten when the rest of my team died and the other team focused me down before vengeance came off cooldown.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 12:38:27 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 03, 2012, 02:08:39 am »

Posting the best Guardian Guide I've read for future discussion and to save it for myself:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/47278-tome-of-conquest-your-guardian-competitive-pvp-guide/

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 03, 2012, 04:20:21 am »

when i checked this morning we were actually on the winning side in WvW ...
can somebody confirm?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 03, 2012, 04:26:51 am »

when i checked this morning we were actually on the winning side in WvW ...
can somebody confirm?
somewhat...the world in 2nd holds EVERYTHING right now dispite us having twice the score

yep...confirmed, its because they are an oceanic server which is prime time right now(3 am is prime time in austrilia)...so in about 3-4 hours thier numbers will die off and our numbers will rise up...then things are different

honestly its not like they can match oceanic servers with other oceanic servers because of how few there are.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 05:11:49 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 03, 2012, 09:01:13 am »

I can't say I enjoy WvW very much. First it's difficult to compare since I'm in an Australian timezone, so my prime time play doesn't match the other servers. Second is that I simply don't enjoy it. I much prefer to match my skills against the dungeons than against other players. Trying to get four other people to work as a team in a dungeon is near impossible. Tried two groups, one with a party leader that invited three thieves and another that bailed at the first sign of difficulty. Both parties failed due to lack of teamwork. Still, I had fun. I'm gonna swap my weapons to pistol/dagger as soon as I find a decent dagger for around level 30-35.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 03, 2012, 09:28:57 am »

When I played WvW it was a huge charlie foxtrot and I had no idea what was going on. So many people and particle effects flying everywhere, I couldn't even tell if I was providing any meaningful contribution.

I've always been a more Co-op type of person anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 86