Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188203 times)

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Final BWE now live!
« Reply #195 on: July 22, 2012, 10:10:19 pm »

I dunno why, but I just can't make myself play this BWE.  I really would rather wait for the game to come out and not have character be deleted/replay a bunch of story again, but then I'll also have the problem of having 5 character slots but 8 classes to choose from...
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2012, 11:02:03 pm »

So I got curious and I went around looking up Sylvari skirts (Rozy, what have you done to me?), and I can indeed confirm it, there are skirt models that have a clear view of a blank space between the legs of the females. In fact I found a model with a weird side-cut dress that was practically flashing their non-existant naughty parts to the entire world.

Huh, go figure.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2012, 12:14:37 am »

If it helps anything the first day of the first beta had a few charr NPCs running around wearing nothing at all.  First one I noticed was that bartender in that town just outside black citadel. 

So it's not the first time.  That was obviously unintentional though.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 23, 2012, 12:46:27 am »

So now I've been trying to entertain myself for the time remaining before the end of weekend event by running around looking up skirts to see what's going on in the underpants department, for science. It's interesting, one or two of the male Sylvani seem to have the same thing going on, although it's hard to tell, also when I went about checking with the humans and I ran into someone with red panties I realized someone responsible for this had probably put some thought into this issue.

The Charr seem to be fond of wearing chain or scale loincloths, which seem like they'd chafe a lot, although maybe the fur helps. The little dudes are too short for me to get a good camera angle, also I hate them.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2012, 12:52:32 am »

But I love asura, you silly bookah gaijin :3

Also, there are quite a few examples of gay sylvari couples walking around tyria, so among the races they seem more sexually liberal in comparison to the others.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 23, 2012, 12:52:48 am »

The little dudes are too short for me to get a good camera angle, also I hate them.

While I was playing as a norn ill admit. I was afraid I'd squish them.

Also yes, Silvari apparently don't consider gender for love and romance and sex and things.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:57:02 am by Janet »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 23, 2012, 02:48:12 am »

So their society has something approaching true gender equality?

...That is so Hawt.

So the end of weekend event was just this thing called the Hunger Royale... which is I assume a joke based off of Battle Royale and The Hunger Games. It's kinda cool even if the entire thing was completely screwed up mechanics-wise. You were split up into four teams, everyone got an assassin rifle with limited ammo, a ration, some other gear, and you constantly lose a small amount of health thanks to hunger, the rations heal you a little bit, but it takes something like 10 rations to heal you to full health so you need to constantly keep collecting them. There's a fifteen minutes grace period during which death respawns you as a regular player, as I understand it, the red team in our match abused this by jumping off a cliff a whole load of times so they could stock up on lots of supplies, they also started further away from all the other player groups which led to this situation where about 10 minutes into the game every other team was at about 10 players left while the red team had 26 players left.

Then there was the little droids issue. Everyone respawns as a little droid that can zip around the map and do a few things after they die. You can drop ammo, you can ping to reveal all the enemy players on the map (though towards the end of the game when the place is swarming with droids you mostly just ping other droids), you can also pop a bubble that reflects bullets and intercept projectiles with your body (I discovered this last ability by accident). This led to a situation at the end where the red team was hunting down a few players that were left while droids swarmed all around them, and having the droids swarming all around can make for crazy battles.

Then when the game ended we got to play with these boxes that could change you into pigs, or slimes, or make you big, or make you small, or give you fireworks, or give you a snowball to throw at someone, or make you turn various colours before exploding.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 23, 2012, 07:16:02 pm »

I loved those kinds of toys in Everquest. I'd stock a bunch of race-changing potions just because; I preferred the old model ogres for being so ridiculously round, it was particularly hilarious as a bard with my armor dyed pink and purple. I particularly liked some of the Enchanter illusions (werewolf, scarecrow) because of their 'exclusivity' and the fact that no one else really ever bothered (either because it's annoying for the enchanter to maintain or they're just not all that beneficial). WoW had a few too but their whole "But PvP!" argument against illusions spoiled the fun, and it didn't help that I mostly played a druid so cosmetics were kind of redundant.

I may have to get this game and give in to my MMO addiction. Perhaps I can keep it under control by just avoid making any friends or joining any guilds.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 23, 2012, 08:10:16 pm »

Perhaps I can keep it under control by just avoid making any friends or joining any guilds.
heehee

I suppose you could join a different server from B12ers/any RL friend you may have playing, but if you end up joining whatever server we end up on, I'm sure you'll get poked at least once to join the inevitable B12 guild. And bonus because you can be in as many guilds as you want!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2012, 09:50:58 am »

Perhaps I can keep it under control by just avoid making any friends or joining any guilds.
heehee

I suppose you could join a different server from B12ers/any RL friend you may have playing, but if you end up joining whatever server we end up on, I'm sure you'll get poked at least once to join the inevitable B12 guild. And bonus because you can be in as many guilds as you want!
I shall join the B12 guild... and make mine own too... then... I shall declare war with B12.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2012, 06:06:39 pm »

We could always just make a Bay 12 Guild on every server a bay 12er is on, pretty sure I'll be on Jade Quarry myself.  Wasn't there something about cross world guilds too?  Or was that something I got from someplace else?  I only have a vague memory of it.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 24, 2012, 07:21:19 pm »

Then when the game ended we got to play with these boxes that could change you into pigs, or slimes, or make you big, or make you small, or give you fireworks, or give you a snowball to throw at someone, or make you turn various colours before exploding.

Those boxes were in the last beta, They're a real money cash-shop item (everyone got given a certain amount of the cash shop gems or whatever). They were 100% worth whatever money ArenaNet charges for them.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 24, 2012, 07:31:08 pm »

The problem with a B12 guild is that you're all gonna be on the US servers, and I'm going to be lonely. :(
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 24, 2012, 08:07:40 pm »

You can have cross server/world guilds, but then you can't really do much with each other.

For instance, I rolled with the reddit GW1 guild on Isle of Janthir, but we had others on darkhaven - reddit's main server of choice.

Bormok, God of Mud

• Bay Watcher
  • Cousin of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2012, 08:24:22 pm »

You can have cross server/world guilds, but then you can't really do much with each other.
You can use the guesting feature to play with folks on other servers.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 86