Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188187 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Final BWE now live!
« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2012, 08:28:57 pm »

So I'm guessing there's no more chances to try the game before the three day head start if I were to preorder today?

Shoes...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2012, 09:09:41 pm »

There is still a possibility of another stress test, all pre-purchases get access to those, but those tend to not have a whole lot of notice, and usually only last 6 or so hours.

Also a pre order is diffrent from a pre-purchase.  Pre-orders only get 1 day headstart iirc, and no beta access.  You need to pre-purchase, pay in full to get beta access which includes stress tests if they have another.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 25, 2012, 09:43:40 am »

Yeah, that's what I meant.
Shoes...

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: One more month!
« Reply #213 on: July 25, 2012, 11:06:35 pm »

So what characters are you folks planning to play as starter?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 25, 2012, 11:55:51 pm »

Likely a Human Thief, same as I majored in on my beta stint.

Looking through the racials, being able to turn into a Reaper of Grenth to incapacitate enemies even more than I normally would with the poisons available to me.

None of the other racial skills, or racial aesthetics really seem to appeal to me as a Thief. Plus, lots and lots of Bleed effects, as well as Weakness applied as a main attack option... yeah, dual daggers.

I might do a Sylvari Necromancer, because their summons seem to synergize well with having a bunch on their own.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:13:23 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2012, 12:29:26 am »

One of the sylvari racials, the one that roots enemies in place is very useful for ranged classes.

However, asura get a mini mecha-golem. I know what I'm using.

Asura guardian... warrior... thief. The animations for asura jumping around are amazing.

Human elementalist, perhaps necromancer

Salad ranger.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:32:52 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2012, 12:37:31 am »

I think I might just stick with my mushroom warrior as my main character. I'm contemplating ranger, but I'm really not sure.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2012, 12:41:21 am »

There were so many Asurans with afros this BWE. I wonder if it's going to stay that way for launch.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2012, 02:01:11 am »

I think i'll go asura warrior or char mesmer first ... or sylvan elementalist specializing in pruning fire ...
I know eles can switch elements - and i don't care.
Will there be a Bay12 Guild? Kael?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2012, 02:44:23 am »

I think i'll go asura warrior or char mesmer first ... or sylvan elementalist specializing in pruning fire ...

That idea is oddly alluring... it's sort of like how if being a necromancer is a perversion of nature for other races... =P
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2012, 02:45:25 am »

I dunno, Sylvari Necromancer seems to work too. A plant embodying life who deals out death, completing the balance.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 26, 2012, 01:33:44 pm »

I was thinking Mesmer... but the clothing style really kills it for me...  at least when I tried it in one of them betas...

I'm thinking Guardian.  Race, dunno.  Havn't seen the Sylvans yet...

Impression:
Humans = Asian
Nords = White
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2012, 01:51:36 pm »

That's kind of funny, I had the impression that Sylvari were asian, humans were white but renaissance-influenced, and nords were white but more ancient (also, big). With regards to armor style, have a look at the pictures that people have out there of all of the light armor available and how it looks on different races. The starter armor style has the potential to be replaced relatively quickly if you don't like it and there might be something else you like. If you don't like the light armor at all then you'll want to avoid all of the light armor classes, unfortunately.

As for my characters, I like Elementalist, but the group of friends I'm playing with already have two, so if I make one it'll probably be my third character. Engineer and Guardian for me, probably a human engineer and an asura guardian (I didn't want to do this because "small race + durable profession = overdone because unrealistic", but the animations and execution of the race/profession combo is too awesome to pass up). The elementalist will probably be Sylvari. My last two character slots will probably end up with a Mesmer and a Necromancer at some point, one of which will be Norn.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 26, 2012, 02:06:40 pm »

Charr Warrior.  They really fit my idea of a proper warrior society, and I always like warrior classes.  Blood Legion 4 Life.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2012, 02:33:44 pm »

I know eles can switch elements - and i don't care.
Will there be a Bay12 Guild? Kael?

No one has claimed leadership of the guild yet, but I'm sure it'll happen.

I'm starting an RP guild, but it can be a subgroup of the Bay12 guild and we'll just hold weekly meeting and questing events. I'm sure that if the guild cap is raised we shouldn't have a problem with a guild within a guild.

Since encounters scale you down if you're overpowered we wouldn't have to worry about having high powered people jumping way too far ahead. This means that no matter where you are in the game we can always have quests and meetings that make everyone happy.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 86