Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we use for the Bard Class?

The present build (Continuance Effect based)
BMM42's build (page 38)
A different build (Submit in thread)

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG v1.2 build thread  (Read 78886 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG OOC Thread (I've got a fever, and the only cure is a new poll!)
« Reply #600 on: November 14, 2012, 01:17:39 am »

They're working for me.
e: I also find it sort of funny how Alex can be patting Mimi's back one second and then wondering where she is the next. Stranger things have happened, but I think it's a nice display... of how... absent-minded.. he can get... kinda. :P
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:37:14 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG OOC Thread (I've got a fever, and the only cure is a new poll!)
« Reply #601 on: November 14, 2012, 02:23:26 am »

They're working for me.
e: I also find it sort of funny how Alex can be patting Mimi's back one second and then wondering where she is the next. Stranger things have happened, but I think it's a nice display... of how... absent-minded.. he can get... kinda. :P

Or how not on my pesterchum can be. :I

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 14, 2012, 03:13:23 pm »

With Act 6.4 in its entirety, it turns out Underlings do appear in void sessions. Any ideas for what the prototyping template should be? I've updated the Quest of Futility blurb on Underlings and added the title and fluff for the new prototyping.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:21:23 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 14, 2012, 04:43:57 pm »

Why would the Void prototyping be a Leader Prototyping? Seems more like a Brute or Soldier prototyping to me.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 14, 2012, 04:45:31 pm »

And what should its defenses be? +Will? +For? Probably not +AC or +Ref.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 14, 2012, 04:59:39 pm »

It depends on what sort of type of enemy it is, for the most part IIRC.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 14, 2012, 05:00:40 pm »

Why would the Void prototyping be a Leader Prototyping? Seems more like a Brute or Soldier prototyping to me.

I don't know what I was doing at the time, okay? :P

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 14, 2012, 05:07:16 pm »

Well, we know they're all skeletons, so that's the only thing we have to work off.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 14, 2012, 06:00:57 pm »

Well, we know they're all skeletons, so that's the only thing we have to work off.
I mean Brute, Soldier, Controller, Artillery, Lurker or Leader. That type.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 14, 2012, 06:10:57 pm »

Actually, after a little consideration, I think the Prototyping should be renamed to None. Makes more sense.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 14, 2012, 06:54:40 pm »

Maybe we should wait until we know a bit more about the void session enemies before we leap into trying to stat them.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 17, 2012, 10:34:19 pm »

I think this may be worth looking at when considering Aspects and Classes. Although I disagree with some of the stuff in there (Particularly the bit about the rage Aspect), he does raise some pretty good points concerning Blood's, Void's, and some other classes exponential abilities.

Also if his summery of void and heirs are correct then Equius has the most depressing role ever.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 10:41:02 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 17, 2012, 11:06:49 pm »

According to that description, I can no longer tele-stalk Claire. Bummer.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 17, 2012, 11:26:49 pm »

According to that description, I can no longer tele-stalk Claire. Bummer.

Hah, I've already been applying a difficulty modifier to scan anything near Claire because of her Aspect.

I think this may be worth looking at when considering Aspects and Classes. Although I disagree with some of the stuff in there (Particularly the bit about the rage Aspect), he does raise some pretty good points concerning Blood's, Void's, and some other classes exponential abilities.

Also if his summery of void and heirs are correct then Equius has the most depressing role ever.

The main trouble with using this as a resource is, for one thing, it's pretty old. Dirk and Roxy's classes aren't even confirmed here. Further, the guesses made by the person about them were inaccurate. This person didn't know any more than we did about Homestuck at the time, so, I don't think they're in any position for consultation about it over our own judgement.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG OOC Thread (Alternative Bard build... Again.)
« Reply #614 on: November 19, 2012, 12:22:30 am »

Okay, I had some ideas last night for how to address issues with the Bard class, and a few of them actually looked good in the light of day, so, here's a re-re-done Bard Class. Also, can someone PLEASE come up with a 4th aggrievement?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45