Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we use for the Bard Class?

The present build (Continuance Effect based)
BMM42's build (page 38)
A different build (Submit in thread)

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 45

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG v1.2 build thread  (Read 78888 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG OOC Thread (I've got a fever, and the only cure is a new poll!)
« Reply #570 on: November 05, 2012, 10:26:22 am »

Bunp, just wanting to say Blade's back and he should find a USB cord so he can show me that picture of the Mituna cosplayer.

I await this game's update with more expectation than Homestuck itself.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG OOC Thread (I've got a fever, and the only cure is a new poll!)
« Reply #571 on: November 05, 2012, 10:53:53 am »

Awesome sauce. I am waiting for the update as well.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 05, 2012, 12:48:39 pm »

I'm back, and I brought a picture of myself and a Mituna cosplayer. I bet you will never guess who's who.

Since it looks like no one else appears to be following Mimi, Steve and Alex into the camp (And if you wanted to you had like four days. Shame.), I'll be moving things along later this evening.

Con was extremely fun, and I need a new camera because I'm tired of mine being sucky.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 05, 2012, 08:34:24 pm »

*all the clapping gifs*

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 08, 2012, 01:18:14 am »

What is the accepted protocol with exiles and voices? Do you just kinda throw their voices in when you feel like it? Will there ever be a cut to them on Earth? Hmmmm
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 08, 2012, 01:36:06 am »

What is the accepted protocol with exiles and voices? Do you just kinda throw their voices in when you feel like it? Will there ever be a cut to them on Earth? Hmmmm
For the first, that's pretty much what I've been doing - throwing in an exile where it's appropriate.

For the second, maybe? I've been meaning to do a couple of story paragraphs for the Weeping Vagrant, but have yet to have the time between various other projects and thermodynamics.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 08, 2012, 02:17:02 am »

You may throw in their voices if you like. Actually showing them or talking about them in too much specificity leads to pre-destination troubles.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 08, 2012, 06:54:59 pm »

Well its accepted that atleast Troy's exile is an Ork....and he's got a sassy black woman narrating some of his sequences. I do silly things.
Raggle Fraggle

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 08, 2012, 08:51:40 pm »

Also, I would like to know what everyone's characters would be like in a post-scratch session - namely, who the replacement player would be, personality, class, etc.
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 08, 2012, 09:46:26 pm »

Also, I would like to know what everyone's characters would be like in a post-scratch session - namely, who the replacement player would be, personality, class, etc.
I actually have some given that a little thought for various reasons:

Alex's Post Scratch Bro would be obsessed about wood cutting. To the point of talking about it like its a Sacred art, and practicing it religiously. I imagine he'd do so in some kind of Japanese Dojo.

Mikhael's Post Scratch Father would be kinda like him. Except instead of "Attention Hogging and Egotistical", he be "Delusional and bonkers." I mean this in the sense that he believes hes an actually knight, as opposed to Mikhael who does it pretty much to look cool. I see him wearing a Helmet, Pauldrons, and a cape at all times, and he would ride around on his endless collection Stick Horses, all of which he has named.

Danielle's Post Scratch Guard would actually turn out to have always been a guy "Gu·aard". He most likely be constantly annoyed at everyone, and be very overprotective of his friends. So basically he's a version of Karkat who yells less and speaks in a slight french Accent. Also he would end up having to spend all his time correcting everyone when they say his name because of its similarity to a certain profession. :P

Troy's Post Scratch Father is most likely super paranoid, believing that all the undead ghosts are out to get him. Hes basically completely the polar opposite of Troy in his attitude towards new people. I imagine he runs around with in a brown overcoat with a pistol all the time.

The others I haven't actually given much thought about yet, but if people really like my meaningless opinions then I could give it a little more.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 04:26:58 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 08, 2012, 11:50:18 pm »

I actually have some given that a little thought for various reasons:

Alex's Post Scratch Bro would be obsessed about wood cutting. To the point of talking about it like its a Sacred art, and practicing it religious. I imagine he'd do so in some kind of Japanese Dojo.

Nope. Scratch Bro's only religion is the way of the weaboo.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 09, 2012, 12:10:10 am »

Actually, that's an interesting thought about the post-Scratch characters (though hopefully they will never need to become a reality as we will get it right the first time). I should do some thinking majyyks and come up with.. stuff.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 09, 2012, 12:27:25 am »

Actually, that's an interesting thought about the post-Scratch characters (though hopefully they will never need to become a reality as we will get it right the first time). I should do some thinking majyyks and come up with.. stuff.
Actually, they are kind of already a thing. Since they come from the same universe as John and the gang (word of GM from back when we discussed first guardians), that means a scratched version of them pretty much had to exist in the same timeline/universe as Jane and the gang.

Also, if anyone needs an alternative class or aspect, I've got several.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 09, 2012, 12:37:50 am »

Actually, they are kind of already a thing. Since they come from the same universe as John and the gang (word of GM from back when we discussed first guardians), that means a scratched version of them pretty much had to exist in the same timeline/universe as Jane and the gang.

Wait, what? I'm still confused on this point. Unless the Sburb Alpha/Beta Universes are locked in a permanent loop, the John universe came first chronologically right?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 09, 2012, 08:18:47 am »

Post-scratch Claire Sis secretly owns Seaworld.

Troy's Post Scratch Father is most likely super paranoid, believing that all the undead ghosts are out to get him. Hes basically completely the polar opposite of Troy in his attitude towards new people. I imagine he runs around with in a brown overcoat with a pistol all the time.

Spoiler: I'm sorry (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 45