Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we use for the Bard Class?

The present build (Continuance Effect based)
BMM42's build (page 38)
A different build (Submit in thread)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 45

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG v1.2 build thread  (Read 79028 times)

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG OOC Thread (Home of the Bay12 v1.2 Homestuck RPG Build)
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2012, 10:38:21 pm »

My steam name is The Fool if/when someone wants to add me.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062479889
EDIT: Also, changed my name to Blade Master 42, because everyone and their mom is named Blade on Steam, apparently.
I'm about to pull a Troy with these accounts. Or at least I would with the first one if there weren't so many different accounts with that name. :I Wait no I just found it through freeform's profile. I thought to do that at first to get to Blade's, but only saw Fool's there completely by accident.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:06:35 pm by applesauce machine »
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2012, 11:37:48 pm »

My steam name is The Fool if/when someone wants to add me.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062479889
EDIT: Also, changed my name to Blade Master 42, because everyone and their mom is named Blade on Steam, apparently.
I'm about to pull a Troy with these accounts. Or at least I would with the first one if there weren't so many different accounts with that name. :I Wait no I just found it through freeform's profile. I thought to do that at first to get to Blade's, but only saw Fool's there completely by accident.
Yes.

And I'll go about adding everyone I guess. wilde360.
Raggle Fraggle

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2012, 01:00:55 am »

I never realized how common The Fool was. I guess there are other people out there that don't mind being called a fool now and again. :P

Sorry about that. I should have checked and switched to something more obscure or something. Either that or I could have just said my account name, even if it is a bit long.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 28, 2012, 07:46:46 am »

Hmmmm... they don't make this easy. Blade, could you PM me your email instead? It won't let me send the gift through Steam due to the whole no-friends thing.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 28, 2012, 08:46:48 am »

Just sent you a friend request. My Steam tag is Leon_The_Killer.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2012, 01:24:01 pm »

Just sent you a friend request. My Steam tag is Leon_The_Killer.
ADD ALL THE FRIENDS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2012, 08:13:37 am »

Bump for great justice. I'm not gonna bother with a full recap since I've got homework to do, but I made this timeline out of what my brother did and what was discovered last session.

Circles are timeline segments we've actually participated in whereas X's are timeline segments I've "closed off" that we aren't going to touch.

A few changes:
-I'm now using Big Eyes Small Mouth 3rd edition instead of Homestuck RPG 1.1. It's much faster and lends itself to a Homestuck RPG VERY easily. I also came up with a simple alchemy system - each finished battle encounter grants that character a smal amount of "grist" or character points to spend on making items. As items become stronger and stronger, more battles and larger enemies will need to be fought to keep up. Items that aren't immediately useful don't necessarily have to take up character points.
-I'm letting my brother change the viewpoint character and timeline segment at will to see what's going on with the other characters.
-We're attempting to fill out as much of the grid as possible. The ??? characters are not playable yet but have a driving force on the story.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh yeah, by the way: BESM is AWESOME. I have no interest in playing an anime-based game but as a generic fantasy system it works wonders.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2012, 09:12:22 am »

I don't have any of the BESM rulebooks, but I've heard a lot about the system. I'd like to give it a shot sometime.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2012, 09:18:54 am »

The good thing is it's simple enough that not all players have to have the rulebook (especially if you're not using the expanded combat mechanics). I wouldn't mind running a maptools game of it online sometime.

Of course, with a ruleset that simple yet solid, the focus isn't on making one hundred rolls to solve combat. It's about what caused that combat, what that combat means for the characters and what its effects are. Sure, you can play it as a number-crunching game, but it's easier to just pull it in when you want rules for your narrative.

EDIT: Oh yeah, for anyone that wants to try it out, there's a free version that is pretty much the exact same thing minus the anime: http://goofansite.game-host.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=66&func=fileinfo&id=47
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:33:18 am by freeformschooler »

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2012, 01:21:27 pm »

The good thing is it's simple enough that not all players have to have the rulebook (especially if you're not using the expanded combat mechanics). I wouldn't mind running a maptools game of it online sometime.
I'd be up for this. Not sure if it'll/it can happen though, what with my constantly fluctuating internet circumstances, but if there's ever a time where I'm actually online and you plan on doing a session, I'd be interested in joining.

EDIT: I was surprised to learn, just before I got home, that we had the internet all set up and working at home. I tried it out and, well, I am typing this from my living room. Only one person can be on at a time because no wifi yet, but I should be online much more often now. :D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 06:28:12 pm by applesauce machine »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 01, 2012, 07:48:21 pm »

EDIT: I was surprised to learn, just before I got home, that we had the internet all set up and working at home. I tried it out and, well, I am typing this from my living room. Only one person can be on at a time because no wifi yet, but I should be online much more often now. :D
yeeeeessssssss

Anyway in light of the recent dream stuff with Jake that was talking about Pages and untapped potential, I think they may fit with Heirs. I can't figure out which is active and which is passive, though.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 01, 2012, 07:50:46 pm »

I don't think Heirs have anything to do with "Untapped Potential" class wise. I think its best to wait till we have more information on Pages before we jump the gun.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 01, 2012, 09:36:53 pm »

I think it could work, as Heirs seem to have easy access to their potential powers.

As for Active versus Passive, Heir is definitely Active, and Page is definitely Passive. I am sure of this.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2012, 07:54:30 am »

I've actually imagine Heir and Page as two parts of the same whole all along. Although... I'm still not sure how we should rework a class like Page to be "passive". I'm not good at thinking of things like this.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2012, 08:15:00 am »

I love how you all instantly assume that Page and Heir are related just because someone in the comic said "untapped potential" had to do something with Pages. :P

I think Page may go better with Mage, because we have to remember that the verison of Dirk who told Jake that was a projection of him from his own mind. This means that Jake must've had this knowlage buried in his mind. And if were going with Mages being a knowlage class, then they have to be related. Also they rhyme, so thats something.

Of course, there are a few flaws in this, but is why I am want to wait for more info. We have very little to go on for Pages.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 45