Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 63191 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi, can I (a) join this game (b) are there funds allocated for personal ships (c) make a large detachable cannon-ship?
a) Submit a Character sheet.

b) Captains get 25.000 credits to create a ship, crewmembers get only 1.000 to buy stuff.

c) You can make one of those, the Godsplitter is being retro-fitted to carry a large cannon-ship.
-I could help you with the crucible of ship-creating if you accept being part of my fleet.

>Hell, I will actually help you anyway, creating a ship is a little hard.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 04:33:23 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well it was always meant to use some form of a spotter to calculate shots with the Hellfire :3 But the main thing is that its meant for use on much larger targets thus my chances of hitting would be far better away from your ship, and away from the thick of combat when it is required. Plus I plan on buying some radar drones or similar to assist with my poor radar systems.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well it was always meant to use some form of a spotter to calculate shots with the Hellfire :3 But the main thing is that its meant for use on much larger targets thus my chances of hitting would be far better away from your ship, and away from the thick of combat when it is required. Plus I plan on buying some radar drones or similar to assist with my poor radar systems.
Use your remaining credits to create a Spotter ship, I used my remaining cash to build the Treasury to carry my loot and supplies.
Also, the Hellfire's accuracy means that at longer ranges than the standard, it can end up missing pretty often.

And if by drones you mean small ships like fighters with radar systems, then I think it is feasible.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I just made some unsolicited edits to the ship maker to remove the unsightly DIV/0!! errors. It checks it B7 is 0, and if it is just an empty cell. Elsewise calculate the answer.

EDIT : I also saw some redundancies; for example, SUM(cell+cell+cell+cell + . . . + cell) is exactly the same as without the sum. >.>

EDIT : Actually, ALL the cells are like that :P SUM() is best used when adding big boxes of numbers, and is needless when doing most of the things there...  Anyways, I'll stop announcing these now.

DISCLAIMER : THE CODE HAS BEEN IN NO WAY EDITED TO WORK DIFFERENTLY. EXCEPT FOR THE REMOVAL OF 'DIV/0?!' ERRORS AND STUFF.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 04:52:24 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the way, all those people (2) trying to create cannon ships actually made me want to create one myself. I'll post my design sometime later.
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

How would one design power armor or something similar.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

How would one design power armor or something similar.
Power armor won't use the ship system. As for Skyrunner to want and build a ship, it's fine, but I would prefer if not all 3 of you would decide to take a different direction.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you rephrase that I don't quite understand it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you rephrase that I don't quite understand it.
If you mean this:
As for Skyrunner to want and build a ship, it's fine, but I would prefer if not all 3 of you would decide to take a different direction.
I guess he meant he wants the captains to hang out together, making his life as a GM easier in the process.
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh well that was my plan (mostly).

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

And there is the final sheet for the Night Fury, and her Captain

Spoiler: Final Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night Fury (click to show/hide)

Let me check that one again. I think I got all the complete errors. I didn't check all the numbers though.
Corrections added in red.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:19:38 am by 10ebbor10 »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Final Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night Fury (click to show/hide)

Some I've replied to in green, others I've fixed. On a side note I though decks were stacked one on top of each other not sandwiched around each other.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:34:39 am by adwarf »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

1. In that case, what's the differnce between your thing and a size 10 laser. You can't exactly suddenly compress 2 lasers into the size of one.
2. The purposes of the internal systems (hatches and weapon batteries and such) is to allow you to to build engines and weapons on decks below the outer one. There they'll be better protetced from piercing rockets.
3. I added some note to your character to.

I'll do a full sweep through the numbers later.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. In that case, what's the differnce between your thing and a size 10 laser. You can't exactly suddenly compress 2 lasers into the size of one.
Twin-Linked Lascannons reference. W40k stuff, no need to think too much about it. I guess it is mostly about the fact they are cool.
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:3 Yep its more for fluff reasons that its got that name, but its basically 4 size 5 lasers
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44