Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 63184 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

It's probably going to , and has already caused a lot of confusion. You can call them whatever you want, but I'd like if you use their real stats ( ie 1 size 10) in the stats. Mostly because actually linked batteries might exist.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GM, do you remember how many credits I still have from those 25.000? I think I still had something under 100.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

GM, do you remember how many credits I still have from those 25.000? I think I still had something under 100.
I don't. I never knew, I think.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Found them. I still got 120 credits.

Left with 1120 pocket monies according to my calculations. Please poke me for any further mistakes.
Then I spent 1000 with my armor and sword.

Edit: I guess I have enough to buy booze for the rest of the player characters.

EditAgain: I'm designing two types of Cannon-ships.

One with a huge common-template cannon and another one with two artifact cannon weapons a la adwarf's Hellfire Cannon, balanced of course.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:11:08 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question: Do cannons only consume energy when firing or do they keep consuming energy as long as they exist?
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Question: Do cannons only consume energy when firing or do they keep consuming energy as long as they exist?
Only when they are online and preparing to fire.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

You know, if I'm bored enough I might just make an automated ship generator, as in you just plug in what it asks and voila!

But I'm probably never going to be -that- bored.

... Also, guess how far I have made progress in ship-building! xD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@GM: I just discovered why the Godsplitter was overheating. Lo and behold the guilty ones
Flakturrerts:- 50
Laser defense: -200

You interpreted as if I had 5xFlakturrets and 5xLaser defense and put their power requirements appropriately. The problem is that I do not have enough deck space. When I wrote
Flakturret: 5
Laserpoint defense: 5
It means each pointdefense is occupying 5 size, because the template for each pointdefense says each one of them occupies 5 size.

Which means each I have 1 Flakturret and 1 Laserdefense at the midsection and 1 Flakturret and 1 Laserdefense at the aftsection = 10+40 energy.

You are calculating power requirements as if I had 5 (5*5=25 size) Flakturrets and 5 (5*5=25 size) Laserdefenses at the midsection and 5 (5*5=25 size) Flakturrets and 5 (5*5=25 size) Laserdefenses at the aftsection. = 50+200 energy.

I could leave it as it is, but you would have to make pointdefenses occupy only 1 size each, which would actually make a little sense. But the power cost still hurts though.

Edit: The cannon-ship I designed depends on how you'll deal with this problem.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 10:08:41 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Well, I let you decide how you want it. Either I retcon your ship to have the intended amount of PD turrets, or you continue with your flying fortress.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Also, dwarmin, can I have your turn please

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Won't it go along the lines of kill them all?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

If you are getting me as your pilot, you won't need that many defenses and will make better use of the extra heat management, which means moving faster, more weapons and overcharging. Just saying what I think.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you are getting me as your pilot, you won't need that many defenses and will make better use of the extra heat management, which means moving faster, more weapons and overcharging. Just saying what I think.
Yeah, but it seems adwarf may snatch you as my pilot.

Also, I can keep most of the PDs turned off and only turn them on when needed. Best of two worlds dude. :P
Well, I let you decide how you want it. Either I retcon your ship to have the intended amount of PD turrets, or you continue with your flying fortress.
Could I keep them? The major problem I see is that the Godsplitter hull does not have enough space for them. If you accept me keeping them then it is ok, because as it stands, PD is more geared towards defending from missiles than anything, and all those PD turrets can actually take down damaged fighters...

Could I also hammerspace more of those into my front section when I get to the hangar? You know, to get all sections equal. :x
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 07:49:33 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump for my last post and because I want you to take a look at this ship, which by the way is not for me:

Pocket money left: 25.000-23.910 = 1090 credits.
Spoiler: Ship; Black Sun (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 05:31:43 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Yeah, but it seems adwarf may snatch you as my pilot.

Also, I can keep most of the PDs turned off and only turn them on when needed. Best of two worlds dude. :P
Could I keep them? The major problem I see is that the Godsplitter hull does not have enough space for them. If you accept me keeping them then it is ok, because as it stands, PD is more geared towards defending from missiles than anything, and all those PD turrets can actually take down damaged fighters...

Could I also hammerspace more of those into my front section when I get to the hangar? You know, to get all sections equal. :x
I'll let you keep them because it's me who made an error. Not going to change the rules though, taking it as a one time exception. I look at it later.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44