Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 63193 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

You get 10 clips whenever you buy your weapon. I'll take it you'll be meeting Caelleath then. Well, as soon as your ships is done and Caelleath gets to the Blackmarket I'll let you. At which point you'll probably all meet in a Space-tavern

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At which point you'll probably all meet in a Space-tavern
As tradition dictates. I just hope there is no Dongrel's piss nor Mr.Wiffles in this one.

Edit: But I'm almost sure my captain will get in trouble when he gets inside the tavern. Cheers for bar fights.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 01:40:31 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

At which point you'll probably all meet in a Space-tavern
As tradition dictates. I just hope there is no Dongrel's piss nor Mr.Wiffles in this one.
of course not. I have to stay with the setting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVZUVeMtYXc

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Just Dwarmin and I can run a turn.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@GM:
Hm, I just remembered something. A terrible radar range means that long range attacks will almost certainly miss, because it is like shooting in the dark, right?
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

@GM:
Hm, I just remembered something. A terrible radar range means that long range attacks will almost certainly miss, because it is like shooting in the dark, right?
Well, not in the dark. You're shooting on visual, since your targetting computer hasn't enough data to find the enemies position. So yeah, it'll be hard, and you can't do automated attacks.  There's also a good chance you'll be unable to even see the ship before you're right on top it, or more logically, blown to bits by it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ow ouch.

>adwarf: If you want any help in building your ship, ask me. I may have enough know-how to answer some questions. Also, PD turrets usually stay on the outer deck. And it seems your jumpdrive is not big enough for your vessel.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:41:12 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@GM:
If the Hellcannon 15 size shell can't be destroyed by PD defense, can the Bombardier missiles be destroyed? They are size 10 and are usually unleashed at point-blank range.
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

@GM:
If the Hellcannon 15 size shell can't be destroyed by PD defense, can the Bombardier missiles be destroyed? They are size 10 and are usually unleashed at point-blank range.
The Pointdefenses have one chance to destroy them. However if your fighter is crazy enough he can do a low run over the hull of the ship and unleash them at pointblank.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Scelly's character will have a lot of work ahead of him to fix that damage on the ship's armor. I don't trust the NPC crew, they will try to fix it with chewed bubblegum if I tell them to fix it by themselves, I just know it.

So as an engineer, he'll supervise the operation and make sure they gain experience without causing any damage to the ship in the process.
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And there is the final sheet for the Night Fury, and her Captain

Spoiler: Final Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night Fury (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still can't quite understand your ship, mainly the size allocation. I think the PD defenses should be on the outer deck (Deck 2), and the GM confirmed the internal weapons battery and the exhaust hatch are for installing weapons and the engine one deck below the external one.

On another note, I'm planning on ditching the Godsplitter's hangar and installing clamps big enough to carry the Night Fury around, so it could be released when needed, or we could also activate only the Hellfire Cannon in case of emergency. What do you think?
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd prefer if it moves under its own propulsion as I plan to get numerous engine upgrades as soon as I can. Also I forgot to move the deck allocation stuff :P

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Hi, can I (a) join this game (b) are there funds allocated for personal ships (c) make a large detachable cannon-ship?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd prefer if it moves under its own propulsion as I plan to get numerous engine upgrades as soon as I can. Also I forgot to move the deck allocation stuff :P
I know, but keeping it clamped under the Godsplitter may help it with the cargo and space allocation situation, since you could carry less fuel and cooling fluid that way, and consequently, more ammo. And since the Hellfire Cannon is spine-mounted, keeping the Night Fury upside down could make it act as a big weaponized belly attachment, benefitting from the Godsplitter's active radar systems.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44