Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (8/16) Day 3  (Read 81157 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

This is because someone killed OB, and one of the lovers. Pretty obviously NF protected Dariush (to help him with his win condition :P) but got killed himself. And I'm pretty goddamn sure there was a kill that was blocked, redirected, or doctored.
What exactly do you know about cats, other than what's said in Darvi's death?
And I imagine they die the same day...
...What exactly do you know about cats, other than what's said in Darvi's death?
...Darvi's death?

And I imagine they die the same day...

. . .

Mistaking your targets now, scum?

Thanks for quoting my point, without any answer. Got EBWOP'd.

I'm asking what you think and what you know because I want to get this puzzle sorted out. Either all the scum are active, or there is 1 active scum, or they are just chilling while we go doing nothing as well. Either way, it'll be easier (at least for me) to solve this like a puzzle rather than completely relying on scumhunting.

The soft prod was mostly to get another person talking, and it worked.
Dariush's cat, so you weren't targeting him (most likely, unless Urist I was as well or something, and one of you would be lying). That leaves us with about 7 folks who could've done it. Great.

Also, for the measure Extend.

Restate: Why speculate on the NK, when you could scumhunt?

Extend!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Erm. Darvi's being replaced, which is on my mind right now since I'm kinda worried about him as a person... I meant Dariush.

Scumhunting with 50% active players kinda sucks, especially with the possibility scum is NOT TALKING AT ALL. Meanwhile I can get an accurate assessment of who went to who last night, and thus getting more narrow results.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meanwhile I can get an accurate assessment of who went to who last night, and thus getting more narrow results.

Right, so when you're ready with that assessment, astound us all.

CaptainPlanet

• Bay Watcher
  • He's your hero, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Mafia Corps

Captain Planet:
What happened to those questions and participation you promised? All I've seen out of you so far is answers to direct questions, complaints about the rules, and a little conversation with BMC on the side, which isn't leading anywhere.

Sorry didn't realize those things didn't count as participation??

Oh hey nine more posts cool.
Quote from: Phantom of The Library
I count only one post there.  Are you using a different definition of post than we are?

And no there is no other definition of posts. When I hit submit post, nine more posts were posted so I threw that in there.

I don't believe BMC is a Jester. He's either a mafiat flailing like a fish out of water, or a really jumpy townie. As to which, I lean the former.

Vote: BMC

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

This is because someone killed OB, and one of the lovers. Pretty obviously NF protected Dariush (to help him with his win condition :P) but got killed himself. And I'm pretty goddamn sure there was a kill that was blocked, redirected, or doctored.
What makes you pretty goddamn sure?

What exactly do you know about cats, other than what's said in Darvi's Dariush's death?
That I am one. Also that they're watching you. Because I am. Because you're suspicious. But last night I watched Jack, and saw that he was town and that he wasn't one. And that was my one-shot.

Either all the scum are active, or there is 1 active scum, or they are just chilling while we go doing nothing as well.
Only two scum? Really? Because for a sixteen player game, one would probably expect a four man scumteam, and you're missing a few possibilities (3 scum active, 2 scum active).

Phantom:
I count only one post there.  Are you using a different definition of post than we are?
My bet: He got ninja'd by nine people while typing up his post.
PPE: Called it.

Tiruin:
Urist I. (What could I call you to shorten the name?)
Urist I, UI, really anything that can you can keep distinct from zombie urist.

OOM, out of mafia - using information from other sites to back up your statements. I.E. Orangebottle's pic, and it's relation to homestruck.

It's the Mafia (game term, not Mafioso/scum term) abilities/terms which count. Whatever background information that may affect the powers/events is to me as added fluff.
Ah. I would disagree, as knowledge of the source material can provide information about ingame effects, but it's not entirely reliable, so I see your point.

CaptainPlanet:
Sorry didn't realize those things didn't count as participation?
Participation here is basically defined as "How hard is someone actively looking for scum?"

Extend.
Mod, when does the day end?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Captain Planet:
What happened to those questions and participation you promised? All I've seen out of you so far is answers to direct questions, complaints about the rules, and a little conversation with BMC on the side, which isn't leading anywhere.

Ok so first thing about these forum mafias (as I guess you're knew?) When promising questions and answers, give them. In the forum, we communicate by textual language.

The one thing pointed out here was Toaster's Number 1 Scumtell:
Spoiler: Failure to Deliver (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Phantom of The Library

And no there is no other definition of posts. When I hit submit post, nine more posts were posted so I threw that in there.

I don't believe BMC is a Jester. He's either a mafiat flailing like a fish out of water, or a really jumpy townie. As to which, I lean the former.

Vote: BMC

Why a mafia flailing out of water? Expound, please.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Scelly9:

TolyK:
There were at least 3 attempts to kill this night.
What makes you say that?
I think he either has some sort of radar ability, or knew that at least two were blocked. But, how would he know two were blocked, HMMM? TolyK, you should probably toss out some reasoning.
He said that there were at least three attempts to kill last night because three people died.
Oh? Given that two of the dead were lovers, how does three dead = three kills? Also, why did you answer my question for TolyK? And why so absolute in your answer?
For some reason I had the pre-concieved notion that the death was delayed in some way. I answered your question because I thought it seemed so obvious, as I see now, that may have been wrong. For your third question, see answer #2.

Captain Planet, you still alive?
I see you are.

Either all the scum are active, or there is 1 active scum, or they are just chilling while we go doing nothing as well.
Only two scum? Really? Because for a sixteen player game, one would probably expect a four man scumteam, and you're missing a few possibilities (3 scum active, 2 scum active).

Plus an SK (if one is active), cult, tag-team evil dudes and anything else that may haunt us in these games.

Extend
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

CaptainPlanet

• Bay Watcher
  • He's your hero, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Mafia Corps
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (16/16) Day 1: Trouble on P-Date
« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2012, 10:21:08 am »

Because derp I wasn't thinking about protects or anything. They might have a piercing killer though, you never know.

@Tiruin: I'd vote for Dariush because, if you didn't see the lover chat, NativeForeigner thought I was jester because I played so badly (and I don't blame you guys if you lynch me today, shit's looking stacked against me) and then Dariush said, no, he's just a stupid fucking noob. His exact words. So I'd vote for him because he was being elitist, although I probably wouldn't get nativeforeigner. As far as the 100% chance to kill, you'd have to be a moron not to try. I wasn't thinking about protects (mainly because I don't have one) or kill blocks.

So this part of your post (which is most of the post anyways) doesn't sit well with me.
First of all, you don't vote people because they insult you or act elitist. You vote for people because you think they might be scum, voting out of spite will get you nowhere.
When I first read your original post about the 100% chance for the mafia to kill I didn't think much of it to be honest. but I really don't like how you're defending it. You say "I didn't think of protects or roleblocks" you say "I wasn't thinking of protects because I don't have one". It seems like a mafiat floundering hard because they're worried that they look really suspicious. When in fact your statement wasn't even that odd or out of place and Toaster's assumption about it was in fact, quite silly!

I won't vote yet but you're at the tippy top of my suspicions ladder right now

Um, I think you shouldn't have posted the lover's chat. I do believe it was expunged for a reason. (Though I do admit I was very confused when you were referencing it and I couldn't find it.)

In case I'm mistaken, I made no such that promise I would ask questions today. So there is no Failure to Deliver here.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

What makes you pretty goddamn sure?

What exactly do you know about cats, other than what's said in Darvi's Dariush's death?
That I am one. Also that they're watching you. Because I am. Because you're suspicious. But last night I watched Jack, and saw that he was town and that he wasn't one. And that was my one-shot.
ЧТО? What?
You're a cat? You inspected jack and found both town and not town? What?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

ЧТО?
The fuck does this mean.

You're a cat? You inspected jack and found both town and not town? What?
Yes, I am a cat. Jack is town and most definitely not a cat (my one-shot shows the target's alignment and a portion of the target's submitted image).

And again, what makes you pretty damn sure there was a kill that was blocked, redirected, or protected against, and how would redirecting a kill stop it?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Что = what (in russian)

Your one-shot shows part of the target's image? That's hard to believe, unless it's just a description rather than a photoshop-paint-and-post-on-the-net.
As for your question (damn multitasking), redirecting a kill to an already-gonna-die person would basically waste the kill, which is the same effect as initially targeting one person to die.
What makes me pretty sure is that judging by what I know a kill was "wasted" last night, and it had something to do with cars. I personally roleblocked someone this night (damn one-shot) and I think I may have hit. Add the percentages up and you get a pretty good chance of a kill being wasted.
And because powder miner probably went a bit wild with killing roles, *whistles*
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Day ends Friday. I'll put up a votecount later today, but it's th emorning for me and I'm kind of groggy.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile

Blarg, first of all I made that post at two in the morning after a long day, so I'm surprised I made any sense at all.

In case I'm mistaken, I made no such that promise I would ask questions today. So there is no Failure to Deliver here.

What I was thinking of when making the post was this:

I am active lurking however, I'm not afraid to admit to that. I'm trying to get a feel of everybody and playing a bit out of my element this game. Day Two will be a much better posting day for me don't you worry.
And I interpreted this as a promise for more activity, which you have failed to deliver. The part about questions was just lack of sleep.

I interpreted:
As you saying that you just made nine posts.

Oh, they most certainly do, questioning only the Jester and trying to get him lynched and doing your best to stay out of sight are definitely participating of some sort. 

Not.

They're just a scumbag trying to stay out of sight and get an easy lynch. 

Captain Scumbag:  You lurked away D1, promising that you would post more on D2, and now when it rolls around you're doing a whole lot of nothing other than going for the easy lynch, and responding to direct questions.  Only whenever you're threatened do you actually start doing something.  Seems to me we found ourselves a lurking scumbag.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

CaptainPlanet

• Bay Watcher
  • He's your hero, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Mafia Corps

>Promised I would post more
>Posts more

Seems like I delivered what I promised.

Also I find it laughable how you are oh-so-certain that BMC is a Jester.

CaptainPlanet

• Bay Watcher
  • He's your hero, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Mafia Corps

Double post:

What, only when I am threatened I post more? I haven't posted much of anything after being "threatened" (I put threatened in quotes because I have been nowhere near threatened)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30