Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (8/16) Day 3  (Read 81147 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

*lurky analysis*
Don't forget, the night lasted four days.

BMC, I see nowhere where Dariush was being a douche, surprisingly. Care to explain?

Fixed crap.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That whole beginner's bit probably proves I'm not a jester so much as a moron who wiggled his way into a regular game. If I was scum that'd mean that people would be able to tell me to straighten up, and do it fast. Have I? I think we all know the answer to that question. (Then again, a mafioso would be the only one concerned with his image, although if we lynch town today we're probably pretty well fucked.)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*lurky analysis*
Don't forget, the night lasted four days.

BMC, I see nowhere where Dariush was being a douche, surprisingly. Care to explain?

Fixed crap.
He said some less than polite things about me in the lover's chat, which could actually be why it was taken down now that I think about it. From the way he talked he was pretty certain that it was going to stay private. Synopsis of Lover's chat: Dariush called me and Zrk2 "not to intelligent (slang term for sex) new players" and then NativeForeigner said I was either a really good jester or an awful mafia player.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (16/16) Day 1: Trouble on P-Date
« Reply #228 on: May 23, 2012, 09:23:50 pm »

I did some outside research and found this.
I'm assuming this is the same BMC because of this post where he talks about admins and the flavor of the game is admins vs trolls.
Note that in this game, BMC died N2, not N1 as he claimed and that the first post was not by the SK. 

I'm tempted to say that BMC NK'd Dariush.
Zombie Urist: Why are you tempted to say this?  Heck, it sounds like you are outright saying it.
Zombie:
I'm tempted to say that BMC NK'd Dariush.
Why? What makes you think Dariush was the target, and what makes you think that BMC was the killer?

As Urist I said, it's very unlikely that both NF and Dariush were NK'd, so I'm assuming only one of them were and of the two, I think Dariush is the more likely target based on his play style.
I don't think that BMC necessarily performed the kill, but I do believe he took part in it. His two posts below are totally contradictory.

D: I would vote for Dariush for being a complete douche at this point. I don't even care if he's town.
I meant given another chance.

Really, at this point I think that BMC should be mod-killed.
Why? He may be a Jester and doing his job VERY well.
Because he has access to lover chat and he posted the link despite the mod making it rather obvious that he didn't want it to be public.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Scelly9:

TolyK:
There were at least 3 attempts to kill this night.
What makes you say that?
I think he either has some sort of radar ability, or knew that at least two were blocked. But, how would he know two were blocked, HMMM? TolyK, you should probably toss out some reasoning.
He said that there were at least three attempts to kill last night because three people died.
Oh? Given that two of the dead were lovers, how does three dead = three kills? Also, why did you answer my question for TolyK? And why so absolute in your answer?

bmc:
I think he either has some sort of radar ability, or knew that at least two were blocked. But, how would he know two were blocked, HMMM? TolyK, you should probably toss out some reasoning.
The fuck does this mean. What makes you think two were blocked?

and then NativeForeigner said I was either a really good jester or an awful mafia player.
Gotta start somewhere.

(Then again, a mafioso would be the only one concerned with his image)
Survivor. Serial Killer. Jester, for a certain type of concern. Martyr, for another type of concern. The list goes on.

although if we lynch town today we're probably pretty well fucked.
Why?

If I was scum that'd mean that people would be able to tell me to straighten up, and do it fast. Have I? I think we all know the answer to that question.
You could have buddies telling you to keep doing what you're doing because town'll waffle about lynching you for a while. Who the hell knows.

That said, you should start scumhunting.

zombie:
His two posts below are totally contradictory.
I don't see a contradiction there. Please explain.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I wake up, and see this. Good Morning...

Votecount and timecount?

I am literally torn between seeing BMC as a true noob or someone spouting everything, WIFOM or not, into the game just to seem to give relevant information.

AND USING THE LOVERCHAT AS A BASIS FOR HIS STATEMENTS!

Seriously, the link has been expunged TWICE. I've seen that edit, and did not click that link. Stop using that and actually make sense!

Blackmagechill

That whole beginner's bit probably proves I'm not a jester so much as a moron who wiggled his way into a regular game. If I was scum that'd mean that people would be able to tell me to straighten up, and do it fast. Have I? I think we all know the answer to that question. (Then again, a mafioso would be the only one concerned with his image, although if we lynch town today we're probably pretty well fucked.)
Can you actually back something up that wasn't mentioned by others; meaning from your own words? And, I'm starting to waver on my guess on newb town, due to that "If I was scum..." conjunction. Thanks for adding more brandy to the mixture of wine.

Although I didn't necessarily mean to convince everyone that I'm a jester, this has probably scared the mafioso into shying away from night killing me. YOU HEAR ME YOU FIENDS!?  I'LL HAVE YOU YET! (Seriously, there has to be someone who looks scummy at this point).

:I

And you aren't even scumhunting at all?! Giving off implications, probabilities, speculations and you aren't even trying to scumhunt at all?!

Alright, before this day ends, I would personally like to ask you: Who do you think is scum, not deriving anything from the NK, nor from that loverchat, and why.

((Thanks for the confirmation on the loverchat Scelly.))

Formatted that so you won't miss it.

. . .

Anyway. I don't think BMC is a Jester. It's possible, certainly, but I don't think that's what's happening here: The tells feel far too strong for that. He's probably not scum; I imagine they would have set him straight by now. I'd guess he's just a flailing townie or 3rd party.
I think Hapah is totally catching the right vibe here.

Yeah, Jestering us all out. Third-party, high on the radar.

If you're actually a flailing townie, at least provide useful information- for even if you die, information is what we need.

TolyK:
What makes you say that?

Why are you answering something not addressed to you?

Urist I. (What could I call you to shorten the name?)

Tiruin:
And, why are you going out of Mafia?
What does this mean?

OOM, out of mafia - using information from other sites to back up your statements. I.E. Orangebottle's pic, and it's relation to homestruck.

It's the Mafia (game term, not Mafioso/scum term) abilities/terms which count. Whatever background information that may affect the powers/events is to me as added fluff.

He never answered that by the way, skipped onto that loverschat before anyone knew about it.

Jack A T: Who do you think, among us all, is the most dangerous as scum? As town to scum?
Tiruin: Well...um...out of the people still alive, I know almost nobody.  Most dangerous as scum, of living players I know: You, Imiknorris, and I.  Most dangerous to scum as town: You and Imiknorris, I guess.

Alright, I've seen your games with the others (Toaster comes to mind out of the rest), why not include him in there? And why am I in there actually?

And...why the double trio?

Hapah: Based on the quote above, I'd like to think why you explicitly don't think BMC is a Jester. What tells give him off? And that comment on scum setting him straight? They could be using him as a lure and bait.

I'm literally torn between utter newbie town and Jester, if not third-party instead. He isn't adding to the information, just giving off entropic statements.

Jack A T:
In addition to BMC, Zrk2 stupidly shot himself in the foot, people didn't do much, and everything kind of sucked.  To summarize my thoughts on day 1: The fuck?

BMC: Please, please join the next Beginner's Mafia.  Please.

Could you expound on which manners of fuck that you may be thinking about?

PPE Urist I.

Mod: Did the lovers thing mean: Die exactly when your lover dies? Unlike how the other loves do? As in "die the next day"?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Tiruin: Now that you made me think about it, it's because it's not the way I play Jester. It just seems so....obvious. I like to be a little more subtle about it. I'm not sure how they'd use him as bait, exactly.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bait meaning he could have an ability that would go along the 'Bomb' lines that I saw in the Mafia roles.

Still, waiting on him, and the others' answers.

and, Hapah, you compared your own playstyle to his, and based your conclusion off it?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I owe this a post, but my brain is too worn out to make any sense.  The AM, then.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Tiruin: Never seen a 'Bomb' role, or at least never seen a role called that. What is it, exactly?

And yeah, I did. It just seems too obvious to be Jester, and it's not how I'd do it. Now that I've thought about it, I don't quite know how people play Jester in forum games.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check a BM > Click Interactive Flash on Mafia link > Advanced roles > Mafia > Bomb.

Look for the one with a bald orange head.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile

Well, shoot...

I apologize for my disappearance, I've been much busier with things in RL than I expected these past few days.

BMC:
D: I would vote for Dariush for being a complete douche at this point. I don't even care if he's town.
CaptainPlanet: What's your deal? You've only posted like, twice. And the same for PotL and, uh, almost everyone.
For one, I posted four times, it is true that two of those were basically continuations of earlier posts though.  The reasons for my lower rate of posting are:
1. I prefer quality posts over a quantity of steaming piles of WIFOM.
2. Most of the opportunities for conversation was and are being eaten up by you and your steaming heaps of WIFOM
3. More recently: a lack of time.

Actually. Everyone, what do you think happened last night? I'll withhold my guesses/info until I get your opinions.
I haven't a clue, maybe one of them was killed and the other died immediately, maybe the mafia has three kills, maybe they only have one and Orangebottle killed himself on accident, maybe there are two third parties with kills in addition to the mafia.  We won't be able to figure out until we get more information. 

Captain Planet:
What happened to those questions and participation you promised? All I've seen out of you so far is answers to direct questions, complaints about the rules, and a little conversation with BMC on the side, which isn't leading anywhere.

Oh hey nine more posts cool.
I count only one post there.  Are you using a different definition of post than we are?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check a BM > Click Interactive Flash on Mafia link > Various Mafia roles > Killing > Bomb.

Look for the one with a bald orange head.
Fixed.

It was actually pro-town. Meh, memory failure.

For the moment, until all my questions are done. ToylK: Why are you asking on what we think happened last night? Are you focusing on the NK, or on what actions we took?

Also, why that soft prod on Jack A T?

Nevertheless, I got scratched in the face by Dariush's cat indeed. Then, nothing.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

TolyK:
What makes you say that?

Who knows anything about cars?
I know plenty about cats, but nothing about cars.

Mod: If a Lover dies, how soon does the other die?
As for what I can tell from the NK: OB's bah post makes me think he angered the Random Number God. Depending on when lovers suicide, there may have been one NK or two, leaning toward one at the moment myself because what are the chances of two separate kills hitting a pair of lovers.
This is because someone killed OB, and one of the lovers. Pretty obviously NF protected Dariush (to help him with his win condition :P) but got killed himself. And I'm pretty goddamn sure there was a kill that was blocked, redirected, or doctored.
What exactly do you know about cats, other than what's said in Darvi's death?
And I imagine they die the same day...

TolyK:
What makes you say that?
My radar ability is to use my brain. Also, two were blocked? What?

Eh. I'll take a stab at Jack A T. Who is your daddy and what does he do? When do you think something useful will happen? What do you think happened last night?
My daddy is my daddy and he fixes computers and stuff.  I think something useful will happen when we all run around trying to question our way towards something useful happening.  What I think happened last night is a mafiakill on either NF or Dariush (both good, experienced players, and thus likely NK targets), and I think a third party or accidental selfkill on Orangebottle.  He doesn't look like an expected vig target, when compared to, say, BMC.  Other actions probably occurred, but I don't know about any of them.
That seems like a good answer.
For now, BMC feels like a jester, one player closer to LYLO.  Good to get rid of jesters.  I'd prefer to lynch scum, though, and I await answers/explanations.

For the moment, until all my questions are done. ToylK: Why are you asking on what we think happened last night? Are you focusing on the NK, or on what actions we took?

Nevertheless, I got scratched in the face by Dariush's cat indeed. Then, nothing.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Err, posted too soon.
I don't know, well if he's a jester he's a pretty obvious one. But I agree he's dangerous for town.

I'm asking what you think and what you know because I want to get this puzzle sorted out. Either all the scum are active, or there is 1 active scum, or they are just chilling while we go doing nothing as well. Either way, it'll be easier (at least for me) to solve this like a puzzle rather than completely relying on scumhunting.

The soft prod was mostly to get another person talking, and it worked.
Dariush's cat, so you weren't targeting him (most likely, unless Urist I was as well or something, and one of you would be lying). That leaves us with about 7 folks who could've done it. Great.

Also, for the measure Extend.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30