Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (8/16) Day 3  (Read 81150 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Tiruin:
That, and the fact that BMC knows he's going out today and doesn't do a damn thing to avert this crisis.
What crisis?

'Bomb' because, well, in addition to the third-party and pressure (totally unsure if this is a third-party, but my inferring says so from the flash Mafia guide; the things with 'Pro-', but as this is a BYOP, I guess it can also be mafia or survivor-styled, with the variance in roles), it seems that they quite don't care if they're lynched at all. That survivor attitude that doesn't care, to say bluntly.
Bombs are not third party. And how would not caring about being lynched be a survivor attitude?

UI, could you clarify why you would probably want a Jester lynched?
See my response to Toaster. Also if a Jester makes it to LyLo scum win, and if BMC's lynched he'll stop spewing wine and distracting me (and probably others). I suspect his impending lynch is why he's lurking, but that's not really a sustainable solution to his scumminess.

I have no experience whatsoever when facing them, other than knowing they're third-party, have an unexpected event when achieving win and win upon death.
Jesters are a third party that win when they are lynched. Simple as that. Some jesters, when lynched, end the game, but I highly doubt that would be the case here.

And why are you so focused on third parties?

Jack:
Why inspect me?
Well, I wanted to inspect one of the stronger players in the game, so my best choices were you, Dariush, Native, or Toaster. If Toaster was town he'd be a big target, and I didn't want to waste my one-shot. Dariush is too angry/tunnely to scumhunt effectively and Native too lurky to pressure effectively, leaving you as the most reasonable choice. In hindsight, I probably should have inspected Darvi due to my lack of a read on him.

As for the part of your picture I have:
I see about a quarter of a person's face (about what PotL's avatar's mask covers, but on the other side of his face), I think it's a guy, he's got gray hair, is looking to the right (his left), is wearing glasses, and looks kinda pissed off. Definitely not a cat in the slightest.
It's 79x59 pixels.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

UI: Used the wrong word 'crisis'. Was describing the ideas going around BMC, and I was thinking of a disaster situation on Jesters. Gah, shouldn't post when doing literature work and thanks for clarifying that on what happens upon Jester death.

Bombs are not third party. And how would not caring about being lynched be a survivor attitude?

Well, there goes my idea on that (third party thing). And, that thought mostly came from Shakerag's antics in the past BYOP. Survivor had confused the town, to win with Mafia as they were more informed and worked as a team. Hazy details as I skimmed over it, but the end result was a whole survivor team winning Found the game, actually two people survivors, but Shakerag was acting very peculiar at the start. BYOP 8. Just a hunch, but they aren't helping in the least.

And why are you so focused on third parties?

Not so focused on third parties by what you ask there. That was basically pressure in context, trying to see their reaction, part of a gut feeling, and that they aren't scumhunting at all even after being pressured. Being more of a nuisance than an aid.

And judging by their replies, feeling is leaning towards third-party. I don't believe scum (especially one that has played many games of Mafia) would just forfeit scumhunting and give 'nice to know' but irrelevant posts.

I.E. ToylK.

TolyK:
Scumhunting with 50% active players kinda sucks, especially with the possibility scum is NOT TALKING AT ALL. Meanwhile I can get an accurate assessment of who went to who last night, and thus getting more narrow results.

Assessment now? And, scumhunting now?

BMC: You still haven't answered my latest question.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP:

Jack A T

Tiruin: Largely, what the fuck was Blackmagechill thinking?  And, for that matter, what the fuck was Zrk2 thinking?  I'm going to need to reread D1, to see if I missed anything while distracted by the madness, but those were my basic thoughts.

Jack A T: Who do you think, among us all, is the most dangerous as scum? As town to scum?
Tiruin: Well...um...out of the people still alive, I know almost nobody.  Most dangerous as scum, of living players I know: You, Imiknorris, and I.  Most dangerous to scum as town: You and Imiknorris, I guess.

Alright, I've seen your games with the others (Toaster comes to mind out of the rest), why not include him in there? And why am I in there actually?

And...why the double trio?

...right, forgot Toaster when answering that question.  Throw him in to both lists.  For that matter, Hapah looks pretty good.

You're in there because I was rather desperate for more of an answer than one name, and I don't have a very wide selection. (I barely know anyone this game, especially with 4 of the people I know having died already).

Not sure what you're referring to as a "double trio".  Please explain.

Double trio as in you're using the same people for both town and scum. Expound on this notion, please.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gah, seperated posts..

Also, UI:

BMC: I hope you are a jester, because I'm okay with letting jesters win. You're not contributing at all. I've gone over your activity today:
So you hope you're lynching a jester instead of scum?  Interesting.
For his sake. Mostly I just want him to stop spewing wine - it's very distracting.

You want someone who isn't contributing anything useful to win.

And...you want your hopes to be correct to let him win? Just to make him stop posting?

Huh?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh shit, I'm looking pretty implicated... I'll try to kludge together a post before I leave for soccer practice...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

It's gonna really annoy me that I can't have an extra 10-hour vacation.

Что = what (in russian)

Your one-shot shows part of the target's image? That's hard to believe, unless it's just a description rather than a photoshop-paint-and-post-on-the-net.
As for your question (damn multitasking), redirecting a kill to an already-gonna-die person would basically waste the kill, which is the same effect as initially targeting one person to die.
What makes me pretty sure is that judging by what I know a kill was "wasted" last night, and it had something to do with cars. I personally roleblocked someone this night (damn one-shot) and I think I may have hit. Add the percentages up and you get a pretty good chance of a kill being wasted.
And because powder miner probably went a bit wild with killing roles, *whistles*

Does that russian speak have something to do with your pic, I wonder?

Attempting to subtly use a power through in-context words?

And, what? That last sentence, I do not get.
No, I'm bilingual, and know Russian pretty well. I могу смешивать these языки очень well. :P
In-context... words? What?

That last part was a joke, poking fun at PM. Why does nobody get jokes.

TolyK:
Your one-shot shows part of the target's image? That's hard to believe, unless it's just a description rather than a photoshop-paint-and-post-on-the-net.
Hard to believe but true. I see about a quarter of a person's face (about what PotL's avatar's mask covers, but on the other side of his face), I think it's a guy, he's got gray hair, is looking to the right (his left), is wearing glasses, and looks kinda pissed off. Definitely not a cat in the slightest.
So... one of you is lying? Or why did you say "he doesn't look like a cat"?

Quote from: UI
As for your question (damn multitasking), redirecting a kill to an already-gonna-die person would basically waste the kill, which is the same effect as initially targeting one person to die.
Oh yeah, that would do it.

What makes me pretty sure is that judging by what I know a kill was "wasted" last night, and it had something to do with cars. I personally roleblocked someone this night (damn one-shot) and I think I may have hit. Add the percentages up and you get a pretty good chance of a kill being wasted.
So... you know a kill was wasted. How?
Also, who did you block and why?
Logic, how does it work. Been trying logic since my first game. It hasn't helped much. Welp.

My block was mostly a random shot in the dark, since my other ability is interesting and practically useless. :P I don't know who I blocked, but I know I blocked a kill. Wheeeee.

ToylK, I still have my vote on you. Don't go hiding just because your buddies are drawing flak for you.
Um. Any questions for me? Does not posting every 2 hours count as hiding?

And I'm pretty goddamn sure there was a kill that was blocked, redirected, or doctored.
TolyK: Why?
Because unless something weird happened my roleblock blocked some kill.

TolyK

Reasons:
1. No scum hunting
2. Calling out lurkers
3. "Helpful but useless" posts. Ex: lurkertracker link

More later, at school
1. I'm getting loads of questions. I can't really give an excuse for this, but
2. :P Your point? You might have noticed that I'm not OMG BANDWAGON KILL ALL THE INACTIVES.
3. Useless? The mod himself said he'd be bad at seeing who needs a prod. :P And they help me, sorry if they don't help you.

Quote from: Tiruin
And judging by their replies, feeling is leaning towards third-party. I don't believe scum (especially one that has played many games of Mafia) would just forfeit scumhunting and give 'nice to know' but irrelevant posts.

I.E. ToylK.

TolyK:
Scumhunting with 50% active players kinda sucks, especially with the possibility scum is NOT TALKING AT ALL. Meanwhile I can get an accurate assessment of who went to who last night, and thus getting more narrow results.
Assessment? What assessment? Should I start rolefishing now and try to see who's lying?
Hey, why don't I do that! That's actually a great idea!
Scumhunting? I am doing that, perhaps you haven't noticed throughout the dense fog? The problem is the folks I talk to seem to die, and the folks I haven't seem to be anxious to give me an interview on my book "Why I'm so great."

EVERYONE: What did you do this night? Or say "It's a secret, you no get info." And preferably with a reason. Even if it's "Orangebottle-style choice".
Everyone has a role, everyone must've done an action. Whoever didn't must be waiting on who to kill.
I already know part of the picture, from the public info, from my action, from what you guys said, and from a trusted source that I know is town.
Orangebottle didn't kill himself on accident. He was killed from targeting Jack A.T.
There's some more, but I wish to get more info before releasing who's cleared.

Breaking the game design GOGOGO lol

BMC: You go do that. AND SAY WHAT YOU DID.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

Who did you block?  >:(
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

I don't know. I blocked a kill, that I know. :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I.E. ToylK.

TolyK:
Assessment? What assessment? Should I start rolefishing now and try to see who's lying?
Scumhunting? I am doing that, perhaps you haven't noticed throughout the dense fog? The problem is the folks I talk to seem to die, and the folks I haven't seem to be anxious to give me an interview on my book "Why I'm so great."

I assume you're contradicting yourself there on purpose? A typo? Sentence structuring? Punctuation?

Or my own comprehension?

Did I say you should intentionally rolefish? No.

I just asked where that assessment was, for it seemed by the first quote that you've already made one up, or at least a draft of one.

Hm.

Orangebottle didn't kill himself on accident. He was killed from targeting Jack A.T.

. . .

And how do you know this? Proof? For all you're saying, that could just be an outright lie based on the unveiled powers of Orangebottle and the "powers" of the dice.

Also, what. Two actions?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grr @ Post button.

Oh shit, I'm looking pretty implicated... I'll try to kludge together a post before I leave for soccer practice...

Why the panic here?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

I.E. ToylK.

TolyK:

I assume you're contradicting yourself there on purpose? A typo? Sentence structuring? Punctuation?

Or my own comprehension?

Did I say you should intentionally rolefish? No.

I just asked where that assessment was, for it seemed by the first quote that you've already made one up, or at least a draft of one.

Hm.
Contradicting? What contradicting? I'm guessing you don't get the partial sarcasm there.
No, I just got the idea from talking to you.
And I have. Except I don't want to post it yet. I want to see who will mess up.

. . .

And how do you know this? Proof? For all you're saying, that could just be an outright lie based on the unveiled powers of Orangebottle and the "powers" of the dice.

Also, what. Two actions?
Two actions? What?
I can prove this, but I'd rather not right now. Could be my other ability is good after all...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

bmc:
I think he either has some sort of radar ability, or knew that at least two were blocked. But, how would he know two were blocked, HMMM? TolyK, you should probably toss out some reasoning.
The fuck does this mean. What makes you think two were blocked?
[/quote]
I honestly don't really remember. It was late and I was thinking maybe Tijuana's kill (if he had one) got blocked, and then that there was a second one blocked.

and then NativeForeigner said I was either a really good jester or an awful mafia player.
Gotta start somewhere.
[/quote]
Looking through that thread on RMN, it seems I used to play mafia a lot better than this, or have more experience than I thought, which is pretty bizarre.

although if we lynch town today we're probably pretty well fucked.
Why?
[/quote]
Because four town are already dead, I'm assuming there's a third party here that's doing some shady stuff, and there's always that mafia kill we have to worry about. I don't know if the third is going to kill mafia or not (or if there is a third- it may just be two mafia killers), but losing another three people on D2 is probably going to suck.

If I was scum that'd mean that people would be able to tell me to straighten up, and do it fast. Have I? I think we all know the answer to that question.
You could have buddies telling you to keep doing what you're doing because town'll waffle about lynching you for a while. Who the hell knows.

That said, you should start scumhunting.
[/quote]
In the process of.

@Jack AT: It was in RVS, and it seemed a bit weird just to toss out a list of things like that. I'm sort of wondering if Scelly9 and TolyK have any sort of relation, becuase they vouch for each other and there's my ride be back later. (out the door right now).

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As I was saying, I  thiiiink UI could be a survivor if he didn't care that I won via jester. Which is cool, provided he's killing/hinder scum.

@ Tijuana: I miss a few hours and suddenly everybody's all over me? I think you might be a little bit panicked too, unless you have a means of dodging the lynch.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Trying to play catchup!

TolyK: I'm trying to understand, really. I think you said that you used your 1-shot RB last night (correct me if I'm wrong). Did you infer that a kill was wasted from the flavor of your block? You say that you did roleblocked someone, but you also claim to know "something about cars" here. How do you know both? Actually, you state with certainty that you blocked a kill in this post. And I'm guessing that last part of your post where you want everyone to claim is another "joke"? (They don't come across well). You don't know who you blocked, but you "know" that you blocked a kill (that involves cars?) and you brought up a "trusted town source" which raises all kinds of red flags. How do you know all this? Mason?

.....maybe you're a Jester, lol. EVERYONE IS JESTER.

Toaster: I'd say Urist's rolefishing is justified, in this case. I can't make what TolyK's saying add up.

Captain:I guess we really don't have any proof one way or the other regarding BMC, but it seems a little...forced on his part (I think he's a clumsy Jester, and I won't vote him for reasons in my response to Urist). Your combative attitude isn't making things easier for anyone, either.

Tiruin: What made you think of bombs, anyway? What other games have they been in?

Urist: Just FYI, the only Jesters I've ever played with kill one of the guilty voters when they are successfully lynched. I don't know how they work around here, though. I think BMC is one, but I'm not going to call him on it.

BMC: I was gonna say preview button is your friend, but I see you were in a rush, so it's cool. Honestly, though, if you're not a Jester, I'm not quite sure what the hell you're trying to do.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not trying to do much specifically, other than find and kill scum.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30