Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32

Author Topic: Supernatural 5 - Ended  (Read 102202 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Day 3 - 2 Replacements needed!
« Reply #285 on: April 30, 2012, 06:01:12 pm »

You never addressed this and I'm not sure I like your jump on Toony. What's your take on the current situation?
I was genuinely confused by what he said, so I had no idea as far as how to respond.

The current situation? I think that Toaster's an SK rather than a survivor. I've never seen a survivor with any type of kill. Also, ZU took way too long to divulge that information.

What are your thoughts on Zombie's claim?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 30, 2012, 06:36:35 pm »

So... You're a "LONE" Vampire who wants to survive. Yeah.
You're not a survivor- except in crappy twilight books, vampires have always been hostile to humans and I get why a vampire would be a survivor.
Also, why did you specify Lone Vampire, Toaster? I don't get why you would be specified as Lone in your role name if you were a botched resurrection? What if you were revived from the dead by some vampire buddies and you're trying to protect them? That's what I think you're doing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 30, 2012, 09:22:27 pm »

Darvi:
Also, survivors claiming happens.  Why shouldn't it?
I call bs on that. I saw you play survivor and you didn't even think about a claim. Why did you think you would "feel better off" by claiming?

Here, everyone saw my role and alignment.  My role was very easy to test to see if it still existed.  Now, I can't kill anyone directly.  I'd rather go ahead and claim my lack of (direct) kill now than explain it after I'm called out on it.

Irony:
Irony:  Why did you end D2 with no vote?
I don't fully remember. I wasn't very sure who I wanted dead, but I probably should have been voting Orangebottle.

I see.

Toony was obviously town because his argument, which Irony called WIFOM, was indeed correct.  I'm not afraid in the least to bus a teammate, but doing such so early for so little gain would be completely moronic.  There's being tricky, and then there's being stupid.

Why is he obvscum?  My attention was slightly drawn to Book due to his interactions with Tiruin.  Darvi's vote on Tiruin smacks of a throwaway vote used as a cheap distancing attempt.  He had no idea it'd turn into a lynch on Tiruin.  Here Darvi's jumping off a wagon he knows isn't a wolf with a flimsy excuse.
So ToonyMan would never have bussed Tiruin precisely to inspire this kind of reasoning, but Darvi could vote his buddy and then wander off with it still on there?

Right.  Darvi's vote was already there, and backing off it was too risky at that point.  ToonyMan- if scum- could have just not posted anything else and let the day end in a tie, and no one would have pointed a finger at him.  This is precisely the point he was making.

I do, however, have something else I feel I'm better off claiming.  My res didn't go smoothly- I am now a Lone Vampire.  I now have a survivor wincon.  My old action is gone and replaced with a Feed action- this blocks the target.  Anyone I use it on twice in a row dies.  I am forced to feed every night.
Interesting. I take it you wouldn't be opposed to slowly killing whoever we feel needs to die in two nights?
Sure, as long as Darvi hangs first.

At that point, I wasn't sure enough about my top suspect* (Darvi) to kill him, and if I'm not killing my top suspect, why would I be killing?
What's changed since then?

I believe I covered this in my attack on Darvi- any point that comes from D2 material answers this question.

Orangebottle:  Why is it unlikely to see a new type of role in a game themed around its unknown scum/third parties?  Have you seen any role like Guardian Angel from the last Supernatural before it happened there?

Powder Miner:  Yes, I am a Lone Vampire.  I added the Lone part because it's the first half of my rolename.  Don't get me wrong- I have no love for any of you jerks- I only want to survive until this ends.  If siding with the town is my best bet (because one wolf's dead and Darviwolf is obvious), then so be it.

Also, your theory is that we have two separate scum teams- vampires and wolves?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 30, 2012, 10:14:50 pm »

Zombie Urist:
OK here's the long version of stuff.

Yesterday I checked this forum, made this post, did some homework and studied.
Today I realized I had a PM waiting and reported it.

I'm a fortune teller. At night I can determine someone's role type, which ca n be survivor, changer, watcher, protector, and killer. I do not specifically know which roles fall under which category. I do know Irony Owl's role type is killer.
That's the long version? I thought the long version included who you targeted N1, what the results were, and why you chose both targets. Flavor could be nice as well.

Orangebottle:
I was genuinely confused by what he said, so I had no idea as far as how to respond.
Looking back on it, that was a more nonsensical exchange than I remembered.

The current situation? I think that Toaster's an SK rather than a survivor. I've never seen a survivor with any type of kill. Also, ZU took way too long to divulge that information.
You think he's an SK with a roleblock or an SK trying to fake a roleblock and kill every other night?

See above. He's correct that I'm a killer, though.

Toaster:
So ToonyMan would never have bussed Tiruin precisely to inspire this kind of reasoning, but Darvi could vote his buddy and then wander off with it still on there?
Right.  Darvi's vote was already there, and backing off it was too risky at that point.  ToonyMan- if scum- could have just not posted anything else and let the day end in a tie, and no one would have pointed a finger at him.  This is precisely the point he was making.
I'm still not sure I buy this, but if it's true, why did Darvi then vote Shakerag D2?

I believe I covered this in my attack on Darvi- any point that comes from D2 material answers this question.
Right, right. I forgot you had died N1.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 30, 2012, 11:20:59 pm »

If the scumteam is wolves, then wouldn't a killer subtype be something like a Vigilante? I would think that the wolves would be changer, wouldn't it?

PFP, more tomorrow. Midterms argh.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 30, 2012, 11:48:32 pm »

If the scumteam is wolves, then wouldn't a killer subtype be something like a Vigilante? I would think that the wolves would be changer, wouldn't it?
No because wolves kill. Vampires act as cult and are more likely to be changer. Also two vigs in a game would be kinda broken.

That's the long version? I thought the long version included who you targeted N1, what the results were, and why you chose both targets. Flavor could be nice as well.
I'm withholding my N1 result to see if that player fakeclaims. I was debating between you, Shakerag, and Dariush as targets. I ultimately chose you because I felt that you were harder to read than the others.

Only kills so far are wolf kills. Can we kill IronyOwl now?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 01, 2012, 12:33:23 am »

Ach, I fell behind. I'll catch up and post something productive tomorrow evening (PST).
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 01, 2012, 03:03:23 am »

Toaster:
And just because it hasn't happened yet means it'll never happen, right?  Great logic there.

Also, survivors claiming happens.  Why shouldn't it?
So, you ignored the vast majority of my accusations and made a bullshit answer to the two you didn't. Consider the pressure vote on you converted into a lynch one.

ZU:
OK here's the long version of stuff.

Yesterday I checked this forum, made this post, did some homework and studied.
Today I realized I had a PM waiting and reported it.

I'm a fortune teller. At night I can determine someone's role type, which ca n be survivor, changer, watcher, protector, and killer. I do not specifically know which roles fall under which category. I do know Irony Owl's role type is killer.
That's... just stupid enough to work. And IO's claim sure helps. Oh well.

OB:
Also, ZU took way too long to divulge that information.
So, I assume you don't believe his explanation?

IO:
That's the long version?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 01, 2012, 04:24:27 am »

Jokerman:
Only if they're a cult. It's possible they haven't been the ones killing, but it wouldn't particularly change much if they weren't.

Zombie Urist:
No because wolves kill. Vampires act as cult and are more likely to be changer. Also two vigs in a game would be kinda broken.
Wolves aren't a cult, vampires are and there's only one vig. You sure seem certain you know a lot about this game. Why is that?

I'm withholding my N1 result to see if that player fakeclaims. I was debating between you, Shakerag, and Dariush as targets. I ultimately chose you because I felt that you were harder to read than the others.
Oh this is rich. Are you saying both a claimed inspector and his target are gonna last until LYLO, or that there's some reason they'll be claiming shortly?

I'm terrified of vigs. Can we kill IronyOwl now?

Dariush:
IO:
That's the long version?
I never said it was the long version. I said ZU's being scummy about it.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2012, 05:08:01 am »

You know, after saying 'yes, I'm the killer' it is kinda expected that you elaborate the point. Besides, why are you voting someone who got the correct result on you?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 01, 2012, 05:17:53 am »

You know, after saying 'yes, I'm the killer' it is kinda expected that you elaborate the point. Besides, why are you voting someone who got the correct result on you?
I will, just not yet. I need to grill ZU more.

I'm voting him because he's going about the results in a scummy fashion. I don't think he's lying about having access to an inspect of me, but I don't like how he's assuming so much and telling so little. It feels like a scum inspector trying to off a vig, not a town inspector who wants to know why I can kill and what I've been using that for.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 01, 2012, 05:23:46 am »

Fuck ZU, I want answers. Why were there only one kill on N1 and N2?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 01, 2012, 11:20:24 am »

Dariush:  You're right- I didn't give your post a proper answer.

Toaster:
Toony was obviously town because his argument, which Irony called WIFOM, was indeed correct.  I'm not afraid in the least to bus a teammate, but doing such so early for so little gain would be completely moronic.  There's being tricky, and then there's being stupid.
A sufficient amount of people thought that he was not obvtown and that his argument was bullshit. Of course, it is extremely easy to call someone already flipped town obvtown.

And they're all idiots (or scum).  I thought he was obvtown D2 and would have said such if I was alive.

Why is he obvscum?  My attention was slightly drawn to Book due to his interactions with Tiruin.  Darvi's vote on Tiruin smacks of a throwaway vote used as a cheap distancing attempt.  He had no idea it'd turn into a lynch on Tiruin.  Here Darvi's jumping off a wagon he knows isn't a wolf with a flimsy excuse.
Again, it is very easy to call obvscum someone who lynched town. I seriously doubt he would make a 'throwaway vote' this close to the day end, and the bolded part... Well, let's just say I highly distrust people who say what someone would and would not have done or thought.

Lynching town doesn't make you obvscum or even scum at all, and I never said anything like that.  I'll grant that the bolded part is pretty assumptive of his motives, so it should be prepended with "I assume."

At that point, I wasn't sure enough about my top suspect* (Darvi) to kill him, and if I'm not killing my top suspect, why would I be killing?
Uh. But Darvi already made a 'throwaway vote' on Tiruin by that time. So, I assume his voting of Shakerag tipped your scales away from his favor. Is that correct?

I wasn't reading the game hard at that point (being dead and all) but I recall myself being convinced before this part.  Also, not sure what you mean by "tipped your scales away from his favor."  Perhaps you should see my below reply to Irony.

I do, however, have something else I feel I'm better off claiming.  My res didn't go smoothly- I am now a Lone Vampire.  I now have a survivor wincon.  My old action is gone and replaced with a Feed action- this blocks the target.  Anyone I use it on twice in a row dies.  I am forced to feed every night.
Have you ever heard about vampires appearing from nowhere after a botched resurrection as opposed to, say, getting infected by someone else? Or about vampires being in the same SNM as werewolves, for that matter? Or about vampires having survivor wincon? Or about survivors claiming out of nowhere for no reason? I sure haven't, Toaster.

This is still crap.

Irony:
I'm still not sure I buy this, but if it's true, why did Darvi then vote Shakerag D2?

You'd have to ask him, but if you wanted my guess, it's because he wanted off a wagon he knew wasn't a wolf so he less looked like he was lynching town.

Jokerman:  How about some actual opinions when you come back?  I just see you spouting theories.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 01, 2012, 01:45:14 pm »

Dariush:  You're right- I didn't give your post a proper answer.
What caused you to panic change your mind?
And they're all idiots (or scum).  I thought he was obvtown D2 and would have said such if I was alive.
Looking over D2, nobody else thought he was obvtown. Remember what the minority of one is called?
Lynching town doesn't make you obvscum or even scum at all, and I never said anything like that.
Okay, in that case why do you consider Darvi's unvote of Toony scummy? More specifically, why do you think he knew Toony wasn't scum?
You'd have to ask him, but if you wanted my guess, it's because he wanted off a wagon he knew wasn't a wolf so he less looked like he was lynching town.
So, if he didn't unvote Toony, he would be lynching town, which is suspicious. If he did unvote Toony (which was what he did), it is suspicious because he jumped off a town wagon. Hmmm.

*sniff*

Smells like...

*sniff-sniff*

Yes, definitely smells like tunnelling. Especially considering Darvi wasn't the only one voting Shakerag for his bullshit defence of Toony.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 01, 2012, 05:34:43 pm »

No, Toaster, I think you're cult. That's why you emphasized lone, to make people think you're an SK.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32