Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32

Author Topic: Supernatural 5 - Ended  (Read 102246 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Day 2 - Replacement needed
« Reply #255 on: April 24, 2012, 10:03:34 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Dariush: Shakerag
IronyOwl: ToonyMan
Orangebottle: zombie urist
Shakerag: Darvi, Jokerman-EXE
ToonyMan: Dariush, Orangebottle, Powder Miner

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 24, 2012, 01:19:38 pm »

I don't see why scum would react any differently, though, since it'd make them look town. What exactly makes you think he was banking on dying, as opposed to just making whatever arguments he could prior to possibly dying?
That could very well be the case. I thought it was curious that he posted that rebuttal four minutes prior to the official deadline, so his likely death and possible town-flip would be the final say. He had no idea what I was getting at when I mentioned it, so I was wrong.

Shakerag:
-People voting ToonyMan are people that I've felt suspicious about.  Which leads me to feel that after seeing ToonyMan hang scum D1, the scumteam (and possibly 3rd-party player(s)) are trying to dogpile on him
What you just said here has an air that discourages any of his voters from removing their votes, else they become targets of your statement. Was that your intention?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 24, 2012, 04:46:36 pm »

This post strikes me as sort of a delayed OMGUS mixed with a bit of chainsaw defense. Dariush is drilling at you and Toony (mainly Toony), and you not only throw the spotlight back at him, you also come to Toonyman's defense - a fact which, I'm sure everyone noticed, Toony goes on without acknowledging. If Toony were shaking a few trees, then why wouldn't he point out your obvious defense of him?

You could look at it that way.  Or you could see that it's a continuation of me going after Dariush from D1, Dariush shooting a delayed OMGUS at *me*, and then I attack scum for trying to undermine someone I think is decidely town.  Why does ToonyMan need to address that I'm defending him?  Does that help catch scum? 

I am looking at it that way. That's, uh, why I said it.

You're attacking scum for undermining someone you think is town? Interesting, that you are so sure that someone is scum, and someone else is town. I'm curious as to what gives you this certainty.

Um, yes, it does help catch scum. It's called buddying, and it's a thing that scum do. For Toonyman to not notice or point this out, after his rabid attacks on every other possible scumtell that he can find, in any other player, is incredibly suspect. For you to downplay its importance is even more of a red flag.

I'm inclined to think that Darvi isn't scum for the same reasons I think ToonyMan isn't scum, but there's always the possibility that Darvi could be 3rd party. 
Why do you think I am 3rd party instead of town who's concerned about Toony's blatant buddying and wine?

I already gave my reasons in my response to IronyOwl.  You seem to have either not read my earlier post, or are somehow indirectly implying my response was not satisfactory.  Which?

Quote from: Darvi
As I keep reading, Toony is just busy with aggressively defending his POV, beyond what can even remotely pass as sensible. I've been intentionally trying to get reactions out of him, but nobody who wants to stay alive behaves this stupidly. Methinks he wants to get lynched.

I'm sorry, Darvi, but I'll have to humbly request that you talk down to my level and use small words to explain your line of thinking, because it is obviously of a caliber that exceeds my ability to follow. 

Quote from: Darvi
Shakerag on the other hand defends him with "I don't fell like he's scum" and "Scum would never behave that way". Yeah, I distinctively remember a game where scum nightkilled their buddies, so your argument is not only fucked, but outright *insert NSFW analogy*.

So ... you're dismissing my arguement by bringing up one game in which scum did something outlandish.  And not even correctly summarizing my points either.  I'm saying that the chance ToonyMan is scum is slim enough to be not realistically worth considering at this point.  If Bay12 was full to the brim of games where scumteams did crazy-ass gambits day in and day out, then I might conceed you have a point.  However, I do not believe this to be the case, and it is a much simpler (and much more probable) explanation that ToonyMan isn't scum. 

Your logic seems to dictate that something that has happened once should be given as equal consideration as something that has happened many more times.  I can only assume that you must be a compulsive gambler from this mindset.  1-800-BETS-OFF, Darvi.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... the most wine that has ever been placed in front of you!

Just because ya'll have never been this deep in the wine before, doesn't mean it's not a viable strategy. And yes, it should be given equal consideration, because it is just as viable a tactic as anything else. Not giving it equal consideration would be tantamount to saying that it was not an action that could be taken at all; every maneuver in this game is just as likely as the others, given that they are completely unknown to the town and so can be as deep and confusing as the scum want to make it. Like in this case.

That's your entire address to Shakerag? That's all you have to show, after all the ways that he defended you, and the attacks he had on Dariush?
You're right, there's no way you could be scumbuddies.
Oh, so I guess giving evidence to refute your claim means you won't accept it?  That sure sucks.

That would be really sucky! ...that is, if you had refuted my claim.

No, what you did was point at a post and called it good. Your response to Shakerag was completely disproportionate to everything he had to say about you, and even more of a disparity exists between that post and your posts/responses to every other player. Let's remove the ambiguity now: Toony, do you think that Shakerag is scum? Why or why not?

IronyOwl:  I'll get to your latest post this afternoon.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 24, 2012, 05:08:44 pm »

Well I thought about it, and I suppose trading myself for an awesomely early scum lynch is worthy enough for mediocre me.

I'm a Knight.

I got excited lynching Tiruin expecting scum to target me, didn't happen (probably?).

My play-style is probably completely wrong for the situation I find myself in but I'm going to hold-fast that my logic is completely sound and use this game as an example in the future if it arises again.

There's no point to continue my case in such a short period of time (an extend won't happen).  I got pretty heated over the weekend for some reason so I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Go town, lead on and destroy the wolf menace.  I am the messiah.  (as always)

PRE-EDIT:
Huh, I could tie the vote if I wanted to.  That would be insanely stupid though because you'd all try to lynch me tomorrow and that would give scum a free action. So I won't be doing that.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 24, 2012, 05:19:53 pm »

So.
You're going to claim now to try and wriggle out of the noose now by claiming.
You say that your "logic" basically wine and HEY SOME PEOPLE LYNCHED SCUM AND I AM ONE OF THEM THEREFORE I'M TOWN and buddying is sound.
...And you're going to use it as an example of good play?
...Let me get back to you on that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 24, 2012, 05:20:42 pm »

You're completely wrong.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 24, 2012, 05:23:15 pm »

Good argument.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 24, 2012, 05:23:43 pm »

Yeah these last five pages are prove of that.  Dumbass.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 24, 2012, 05:31:10 pm »

PROOF*

What I meant early on my play-style is I wasn't able to focus more on my attack, which I did (IronyOwl), but I managed to overshadow it because nobody was able to understand that

in mafia, you lynch people based on relativity

If they're more likely to be scum, you lynch them.  You save the others for later.

If they do something that is most likely not something scum would do, then they are less likely scum.  Using WIFOM is this case is bullshit.  It's not WIFOM.  It's fucking probability.

If you got games that had a similar Day 1 to this, guess what, the person who casted the lynch vote would be less likely scum.  So you would vote somehow who is more likely.  Falling back in a stupid bullshit acronym to sound clever is idiotic.  Sorry.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 24, 2012, 05:38:11 pm »

PROOF*

What I meant early on my play-style is I wasn't able to focus more on my attack, which I did (IronyOwl), but I managed to overshadow it because nobody was able to understand that

in mafia, you lynch people based on relativity

If they're more likely to be scum, you lynch them.  You save the others for later.

If they do something that is most likely not something scum would do, then they are less likely scum.  Using WIFOM is this case is bullshit.  It's not WIFOM.  It's fucking probability.

If you got games that had a similar Day 1 to this, guess what, the person who casted the lynch vote would be less likely scum.  So you would vote somehow who is more likely.  Falling back in a stupid bullshit acronym to sound clever is idiotic.  Sorry.
Just because you say voting for your scumbuddy is not something scum would do does not mean it isn't something scum would do. Bussing is a well known tactic. It does not matter if you say otherwise. Furthermore, acting like the town's hero when you were just. one. voter. is both scummy and incorrect, as you are not the town's hero. Collapsing into flaming doesn't make you more credible either. You're scum. Sorry.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 24, 2012, 05:57:19 pm »

Toonyman, I find it interesting that you tried to break a tie by unvoting D1. I also noticed you began the game with a vote on IronyOwl.

Lessee which hostile 3rd parties there are:
-SKs. No double-kill last night, so not likely to be true.
-Cult. Game this size? Nigh-impossible.
-Brothers or allies. Irrelevant, as they aren't on our lynch-list.
-Lyncher and assassins. I don't know if assassins have kills, but if they do, see SKs. Otherwise, they are still not on our lynch-list.
The lack of an another NK does not mean that another killing role DNE. In past games SKs have a non-killing action also.

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 24, 2012, 07:15:18 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Dariush: Shakerag
IronyOwl: ToonyMan
Orangebottle: zombie urist
Shakerag: Darvi, Jokerman-EXE
ToonyMan: Dariush, Orangebottle, Powder Miner

Accusations fly and fingers are pointed. In the end, the scribe announces that ToonyMan must die this day.

He stands up, shrugs off the hands of the guards, and walks up to the executioner. "I have always been ready to die for my people. This day is no different." He kneels down.

The blow is swift and clean.

You wait, breathlessly, for his body to change. But nothing happens, and with a sinking feeling you realize that you have not killed one of the Wolves this day.

After a bit, the herald comes forward. "We are sad to report that ToonyMan, loyal Knight of the Realm, has been slain in error this day. We pray that you all survive the night, and we shall reconvene tomorrow for the next trial. May you choose better that day."

Night has fallen! Send your night Actions in to Jim Groovester and myself.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Night 2 - Replacement STILL needed
« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2012, 11:38:38 am »

As you draw close to the square you seem the crowd agitated. Something must have happened!

Once you enter the square you see what caused the commotion. Toaster is alive, and standing in the center of the square! It must be some sort of miracle!

Shakerag, however, fails to show up. Eventually the Herald jumps up onto the execution platform and shouts for quiet.

“Sad news, people. Shakerag’s remains were found in the forest this morning. After a thourough investiation, we have determined that he was not one of the monsters. No, he was a holy man. A Priest of our gods, and these monsters have cut him down. We must find them, and put an end to them!”

The screams of the crowd surround you as you are bid to commence with the day’s Trials.

Day 3 has started! It will go until ~5pm Pacific Wednesday.

Flandre has requested a replacement.
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Day 3 - 2 Replacements needed!
« Reply #268 on: April 28, 2012, 11:42:21 am »

Brilliant town play.

beh

WELP TIME TO ABANDON THE GAME FOR THE WEEKEND I AM A GOOD PLAYER
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 11:44:48 am by ToonyMan »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Day 3 - 2 Replacements needed!
« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2012, 11:43:18 am »

Hail to your saviour baby!

So yeah I rezzed toaster so watch out he might be a demon.

But I'm an atheist so the gods favour me so I guess he's probably okay.

Brilliant town play.
Stop being so sarcastic about yourself.

*out for weekend*
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32