Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32

Author Topic: Supernatural 5 - Ended  (Read 102224 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Day 3 - 2 Replacements needed!
« Reply #270 on: April 28, 2012, 08:43:25 pm »

You are all idiots for lynching obvtown Toony and not obvscum Darvi.  Boy, I messed up when I opted not to kill him (or anyone else- I sent in no action.)

More later- just back from trip.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 29, 2012, 03:53:23 am »

You are all idiots for lynching obvtown Toony and not obvscum Darvi.  Boy, I messed up when I opted not to kill him (or anyone else- I sent in no action.)

More later- just back from trip.
Right. And how, exactly, was Toony obvtown?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Night 1
« Reply #272 on: April 29, 2012, 04:07:47 am »

Toaster, why do you consider Darvi obvscum? Do you think someone else resurrected you? If yes, do you think that was Shakerag or some other priest? Also why is Toony obvtown, for that matter?

PPE: ninjad.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 29, 2012, 05:21:06 pm »

Toaster why didn't you send in an action N1?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 30, 2012, 11:47:30 am »

Don't know about Darvi, but I know Irony Owl is a killer.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 30, 2012, 12:24:42 pm »

Don't know about Darvi, but I know Irony Owl is a killer.
1) How do you know?
2) Why did you wait for six hours before revealing that information, especially considering there were no posts between those two of yours?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 30, 2012, 12:25:27 pm »

Forgot to check my PMs.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 30, 2012, 12:42:16 pm »

Dariush:  (but everyone should read this)

Toony was obviously town because his argument, which Irony called WIFOM, was indeed correct.  I'm not afraid in the least to bus a teammate, but doing such so early for so little gain would be completely moronic.  There's being tricky, and then there's being stupid.

As far as who ressed me?  I don't know, and I don't care.  There have been scum priests before, so it easily could have been Darvi trying to buy some town cred.  It could also have been Shakerag, with Darvi fakeclaiming the action.  It doesn't matter and is completely irrelevant for determining Darvi's alignment.

Why is he obvscum?  My attention was slightly drawn to Book due to his interactions with Tiruin.  Darvi's vote on Tiruin smacks of a throwaway vote used as a cheap distancing attempt.  He had no idea it'd turn into a lynch on Tiruin.  Here Darvi's jumping off a wagon he knows isn't a wolf with a flimsy excuse.

I do, however, have something else I feel I'm better off claiming.  My res didn't go smoothly- I am now a Lone Vampire.  I now have a survivor wincon.  My old action is gone and replaced with a Feed action- this blocks the target.  Anyone I use it on twice in a row dies.  I am forced to feed every night.

Zombie:
Toaster why didn't you send in an action N1?

At that point, I wasn't sure enough about my top suspect* (Darvi) to kill him, and if I'm not killing my top suspect, why would I be killing?

*OB having done a fairly good job of explaining himself in his last D1 post, that I didn't have time enough to react to with my vote

Forgot to check my PMs.

That's incredibly lazy.

Irony:  Why did you end D2 with no vote?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 30, 2012, 12:45:22 pm »

I'm posting from school.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 30, 2012, 02:10:16 pm »

ZU, even if I choose to believe that stupid excuse (which I'm not entirely sure I want to do): what exactly did you learn about IO?

Toaster:
Toony was obviously town because his argument, which Irony called WIFOM, was indeed correct.  I'm not afraid in the least to bus a teammate, but doing such so early for so little gain would be completely moronic.  There's being tricky, and then there's being stupid.
A sufficient amount of people thought that he was not obvtown and that his argument was bullshit. Of course, it is extremely easy to call someone already flipped town obvtown.
Why is he obvscum?  My attention was slightly drawn to Book due to his interactions with Tiruin.  Darvi's vote on Tiruin smacks of a throwaway vote used as a cheap distancing attempt.  He had no idea it'd turn into a lynch on Tiruin.  Here Darvi's jumping off a wagon he knows isn't a wolf with a flimsy excuse.
Again, it is very easy to call obvscum someone who lynched town. I seriously doubt he would make a 'throwaway vote' this close to the day end, and the bolded part... Well, let's just say I highly distrust people who say what someone would and would not have done or thought.
At that point, I wasn't sure enough about my top suspect* (Darvi) to kill him, and if I'm not killing my top suspect, why would I be killing?
Uh. But Darvi already made a 'throwaway vote' on Tiruin by that time. So, I assume his voting of Shakerag tipped your scales away from his favor. Is that correct?
I do, however, have something else I feel I'm better off claiming.  My res didn't go smoothly- I am now a Lone Vampire.  I now have a survivor wincon.  My old action is gone and replaced with a Feed action- this blocks the target.  Anyone I use it on twice in a row dies.  I am forced to feed every night.
Have you ever heard about vampires appearing from nowhere after a botched resurrection as opposed to, say, getting infected by someone else? Or about vampires being in the same SNM as werewolves, for that matter? Or about vampires having survivor wincon? Or about survivors claiming out of nowhere for no reason? I sure haven't, Toaster.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
~!
« Reply #280 on: April 30, 2012, 02:13:08 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Darvi: Toaster
IronyOwl: zombie urist
Toaster: Dariush

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 30, 2012, 02:19:56 pm »

And just because it hasn't happened yet means it'll never happen, right?  Great logic there.

Also, survivors claiming happens.  Why shouldn't it?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 30, 2012, 03:49:46 pm »

I don't know about you Toaster but when somebody throws around almost all the scumtells in the book I don't consider that obvtown behaviour. And insisting on it despite half the game calling them out on it is not scum behaviour either unless they were RIAing. I genuinely thought he was a jester.

Also, survivors claiming happens.  Why shouldn't it?
I call bs on that. I saw you play survivor and you didn't even think about a claim. Why did you think you would "feel better off" by claiming?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 30, 2012, 04:30:32 pm »

Irony:  Why did you end D2 with no vote?
I don't fully remember. I wasn't very sure who I wanted dead, but I probably should have been voting Orangebottle.

So ToonyMan would never have bussed Tiruin precisely to inspire this kind of reasoning, but Darvi could vote his buddy and then wander off with it still on there?

Interesting. I take it you wouldn't be opposed to slowly killing whoever we feel needs to die in two nights?

What's changed since then?

Orangebottle:
Orangebottle:
And yeah, I think you're probably scum Orangebottle.  You saw that you could vote Zombie easily and went for it.  I'm pretty confident his replies weren't insincere at all.
And where did this happen? I don't remember saying that Zombie was lying.
I'm talking about Zombie himself, not you.  Good that you are trying to take blame for yourself though I guess.
...Oookay? The way you structured your post makes it seem like you're accusing me of falsely accusing him of lying.
Why so nervous here? I would have thought ToonyMan making a poorly worded post and then attacking you over it would be an excellent thing to push him on. Instead you sound defensive and innocently confused. Did he strike too close to home with that zombie urist comment?

You never addressed this and I'm not sure I like your jump on Toony. What's your take on the current situation?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 30, 2012, 05:28:15 pm »

OK here's the long version of stuff.

Yesterday I checked this forum, made this post, did some homework and studied.
Today I realized I had a PM waiting and reported it.

I'm a fortune teller. At night I can determine someone's role type, which ca n be survivor, changer, watcher, protector, and killer. I do not specifically know which roles fall under which category. I do know Irony Owl's role type is killer.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32