Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26

Author Topic: Angry Laser Space - v1.1 is a go! (a game by Shook and Chartle)  (Read 57190 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Angry Laser Space - a WIP game by yers truly
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2013, 02:11:56 pm »

Gimme the new lazorz!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2013, 03:35:44 pm »

I'M AFRAID I CAN'T DO THAT JUST YET

however i can tease you even more

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2013, 10:09:55 am »

GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME!~

The only thing that could make this game any better is if your ship could fire facepunches.

Maybe that should be the only offense for EPIC MAN MODE >:C

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2013, 03:20:06 pm »

firing facepunches?

man that needs to be a thing somehow

SOME

HOW

Also, it is with great joy that i can tell you chaps that i've struck an actual deal with basheman, meaning that i get to pay up and he gets to make all the music for the game as the sole musician. I can already tell you, this is going to be RAD, and totally worth the moolah it costs me.

And as if that wasn't enough...

ALL UPGRADES DONE. It's a funny feeling to finally see the upgrade screen with no empty spots, but by the gods of thunder I LIKE IT.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 16, 2013, 05:53:14 pm »

Mind uploading it soon   ;)?

Just kidding, get it done well, not fast.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

theTrueMikeBrown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TheTrueMikeBrown's patreon page
« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2013, 10:54:04 pm »

Composer: Mozart D:
I wonder what level two of that upgrade is like.
What puts the "ape" in apricot?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2013, 08:20:31 am »

For clarification, the music is inaudible to human ears, so you won't hear anything different other than the greater amount of super shots. :U
I can assure you, although the upgrade might not seem that good, hammering out two super shots in a row just feels so good. It's like ZOONKZOONK and then everything dies, especially if you have spread supers, in which case you can nearly kill the first boss instantly (good luck getting it all so early though). It does, however, raise the question of whether the Leviathan is tough enough, because i tested it without upgrades (and before double supers were a thing, since they let you finish a green one very very quickly). If that means i get to make it even more hardcore, then that's not really a bad thing in my eyes, hee hee.

@TheDarkStar: WILL DO SIR! In fact, the reason as to why it's coming along so slowly is because i don't want to force things along, because that results in a distinct lack of passion in the final product. I am very passionate about this project, but as it is with most things that have been in the works for years, it's not what i necessarily feel like working on 24/7. I once did burn myself out on it, resulting in a VERY long hiatus, but fortunately that has worn off now. c:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2013, 10:12:41 am »

Oh god all the music from that guy is awesome. This is going to be such an awesome game.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2013, 10:48:09 am »

Shook, how do you make yourself come back from hiatus? My game's been on hiatus a while now, and I just...it's way overwhelming. I try to break it down into smaller, more digestible chunks, but then there's a billion things I have to do and aaaaargh.

*breathes*

Anyway, any tips on beating the hiatus?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2013, 02:15:38 pm »

Take a break.

:I

That's what i did, anyways. I won't lie, it took maybe 9 months before anything happened again, and even then, it happened because i got inspired by an outside source (namely Alex Poysky, i think it was, who wrote an awesome article that i read).
My advice? Take the time you need, take as small steps as you want. If you don't feel like it today, no big deal, nobody's setting a deadline on you. Even the tiniest of steps is still a step towards goal, so instead of focusing on the rest of the journey, focus on the next step. It's infinitely easier to think "what shall i do next?" than "how much do i have left to do?", because the latter question can be overwhelming as fuck to most people. Also, sometimes, it helps to just get in there and do something. If you then feel like doing some more, great! If it doesn't, call it a day. It might not be fast, but fast is not always desirable.

@miauw: I do hope so, it's been years since i started now. :U (also yes, i concur, his music is awesome)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #175 on: September 18, 2013, 02:43:05 pm »

The new images look great, Ill download it rightaway! Keep on going! (Disguised PTW)

EDIT: What is the level indicator at the bottom of the screen? It's at level 5 but my mission is number 8 and I have 4 skills so I have no idea what it's supposed to show.

You might want to mention that both buttons are pressed to shoot two guns and not just "Use both buttons" I didnt discover the other gun until level 3.  :P

Boss 5 took me by surprise, a little time to prepare would be nice.

The buy menu is so good (Music and those silly guys) that I dont want to leave it.  8)

I had so much fun that I missed my bus! Keep on going!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 09:11:44 am by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2013, 03:58:31 pm »

The new images look great, Ill download it rightaway! Keep on going! (Disguised PTW)
Thanks mate! C:

EDIT: What is the level indicator at the bottom of the screen? It's at level 5 but my mission is number 8 and I have 4 skills so I have no idea what it's supposed to show.
It shows your experience level. You start at level 1, and gain 1 skillpoint per level, so your skillpoints will always be at least 1 lower than your experience level. Not even sure why i put the bar there in the first place, but it's probably to show that you do make progress. :I

You might want to mention that both buttons are pressed to shoot two guns and not just "Use both buttons" I didnt discover the other gun until level 3.  :P
Forgive me for saying this, but how people manage to misunderstand "USE BOTH MOUSE BUTTONS!" is beyond me. :I
We have, however, made a tutorial here in v0.9, which runs you through all the essentials in relatively short order. It is skippable, of course, but then you might miss out on a lot of firepower.

Boss 5 took me by surprise, a little time to prepare would be nice.
Yeah, we should probably have some kind of forewarning for the bosses, and a slower intro for them as well. :U

The buy menu is so good (Music and those silly guys) that I dont want to leave it.  8)
Heh, that's always nice to hear. c:
We'll be replacing the music before v1.0 though, because of various potential licensing issues, even though the current music fits the game absurdly well for tracks that haven't been customly made for it. But as mentioned, we got a musician on board now, and bro let me tell you, you won't be disappointed. :D

I had so much fun that I missed my bus! Keep on going!
THAT IS AN UNUSUAL BUT VERY NICE COMPLIMENT, THANK YOU SIR. Will definitely keep on going at our own pace. c:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2013, 04:03:37 am »

About the both buttons issue, I did read it, but I didnt realize why I would want to press both mouse buttons. In my exitement I forgot about it when the game started. Adding "to fire both guns" would have been sufficient to make me test the right button rightaway.

Obviously this isnt a big problem, and I had trouble finding any bigger issue to comment about, at least for now. I just had a class about designing software idiot proof so thats part of the reason why this is now on my mind.

Shame about the licensing issues, that music rocked, where is it from? Hopefully the new music will be even better at creating atmosphere for the game, especially as its going to be made specifically for this game.

Anyway, the game is fun to play, I'll link it to some of my friends if thats alright.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2013, 04:20:30 am »

With Boss forewarning you could have the end of a level before the boss end not with the usual ending but instead after you beat it your ship flies on until your at the boss screen then the level ends so you can see what is coming, maybe throw up a WARNING: BOSS LEVEL ENTITY DETECTED or some similar thing as well for good measure.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2013, 01:38:00 pm »

That is definitely a good idea, although it might look a bit odd if your ship flew on to see the boss, and THEN you get whacked into the shop. There's definitely going to be more forewarning though, possibly with the classic GIANT FLASHING WARNING LETTERS that you mentioned. c:

About the both buttons issue, I did read it, but I didnt realize why I would want to press both mouse buttons. In my exitement I forgot about it when the game started. Adding "to fire both guns" would have been sufficient to make me test the right button rightaway,

Obviously this isnt a big problem, and I had trouble finding any bigger issue to comment about, at least for now. I just had a class about designing software idiot proof so thats part of the reason why this is now on my mind.
Good point, i'd be lying if i said i hadn't missed such things before in my excitement. It is fortunately really really easy to add some more text to the level message. :I

Shame about the licensing issues, that music rocked, where is it from? Hopefully the new music will be even better at creating atmosphere for the game, especially as its going to be made specifically for this game.
Most of the music comes from a chap who called himself Aureametaphus on Newgrounds, but then he withdrew from the internet to go professional. Can't say i blame him, he's really fucking good! Back when i asked him first though, he did give me permission to use it for the game (it's free you know), but since we now have a dedicated musician with us, i figured i'd do away with the mixed styles (for example, levels 7-9 are currently music'd by EliteFerrex with his permission, while level 10 is music'd by a friend of mine who calls himself Tamer0) and get some consistency in the soundtrack. Basheman even seemed quite happy to be the sole musician, so that's great. c:

Anyway, the game is fun to play, I'll link it to some of my friends if thats alright.
Oh absolutely, i'm positively hoping that people will spread it via word of mouth! I'm really glad you think it's good enough to recommend to your friends. :D

Oh and also, you know how i mentioned that Basheman is really good? I got you an example now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM8qAu5VBCY

WEEP TEARS OF JOY
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26