Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: Angry Laser Space - v1.1 is a go! (a game by Shook and Chartle)  (Read 57173 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Angry Laser Space - a WIP game by yers truly
« Reply #195 on: October 11, 2013, 10:41:25 am »

moar progress: I have now replaced the "slow movement" button with a "gattagofast" button, which means you now dash by moving sideways (or diagonally) and pressing Space. It's SO much easier than doing some complex gesture in the heat of the moment, and might actually let you avoid a lot of shots on reaction. Except beams, they still fuck you over. But why? Because try turning on a flashlight and see if you can dodge the light before it hits you. Ain't gonna happen.

Also, the artillery shots work splendidly now, and their delayed impact means that they might actually nail you while you're busy dodging the other things. Now to add some slightly more complex artillery patterns instead of "fire shot at players position every 2 seconds". Not that this boss needs anything but its hull to smash you to shit, but hey! :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 11, 2013, 01:15:11 pm »

I see you still haven't fixed the name. Or maybe you just mixed up space and lasers again. You really have to watch out for that. Can't have people thinking your game is about angry space instead of angry lasers!
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #197 on: October 11, 2013, 03:00:32 pm »

but it is about angry lasers

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 11, 2013, 03:05:28 pm »

I approve of angry lasers. What needs to be done before the next release?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #199 on: October 11, 2013, 03:24:14 pm »

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell

First of all, gotta polish up the third boss, which i found to have a host of issues with framerate changing, along with changing some things about it to make it more to my own liking (with all due respect to Chartle, you did some excellent work <3). Also balancing it, although i have managed to beat it on Nightmare, BARELY. It's definitely not an easy fight, nor will it be so when i'm done with it. ;o

Besides that, Chartle is working on an options menu, which will probably need some spriting, and then we just need level 16, 17 (Chartle's two levels) and 19 (the second of my two) done. It's actually not that far off, but i'm hestitant to set any release date for it yet, since i've basically never managed to actually hit anywhere NEAR one of them.

And that's pretty much all we're missing for v0.9. I won't bother Sebastian with a deadline for the music, so the entirety of his excellent tracks will hammer you in the face once v1.0 hits the public. (might still pop in some of them, since we're low on tracks)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2013, 10:10:28 am »

Bluh. It's almost too bad I play guitar instead of make digital music.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 12, 2013, 10:22:46 am »

can't wait to enter masochism overdrive levels and play on the hardest mode with no defensive upgrades ever

i sure hope you're making bonus bosses for these levels, shook

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 12, 2013, 11:03:43 am »

Oh my god, this game...
So many bright colors once you have all the offensive upgrades, :D
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 15, 2013, 06:50:04 pm »

Just a quick question before I start losing sleep over it, is 0.6 the latest version?  You're talking about 0.9 and 1.0, but I can't find where 0.7 and .8 are...

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #204 on: October 15, 2013, 08:40:05 pm »

0.6 is indeed the latest public version, it's just us being silly by skipping right past 0.7 and 0.8, probably because i got tired of making tiny little updates of "wow TWO MORE THINGS". And also because it's hard to not do things when the mojo strikes. :U

The version that's going to be released next is v0.9, and is probably one of, if not THÉ biggest update as of yet, given the amount of things we've added and changed. Not gonna lie, i'm pretty proud of it. :U
Also, when all originally planned features are done, it'll be a v1.0 release. Past that, i have some ideas for additional features, and finally, if we ever get around to it, v2.0 will have co-op multiplayer. But that's a great big if, so don't get too excited (for your own good, disappointment is very likely).

@Facekillz: It gets so much more colourful with the glow effects. ;o

@LordSlowpoke: Maybe? Maybe. Let me tell you about my maybe. On one hand, i'd like to taunt reward the players who against all odds would manage to defeat EPIC MAN MODE >:C, but on the other, i don't want the rest of the players missing out on such things. :C

@MaximumZero: Well hey, at least you can play music on SOMETHING. I don't do music as much as i do hellish cacophonies of undead cats being stomped to paste while screaming hatred at various pear trees. >.>

Addendum: Oh yeah also, progress is a bit slow at the moment, since Chartle is busy doing other things, and Sebastian is plagued by an ear inflammation. Me? I'm just taking it at my own pace to avoid stress. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 15, 2013, 10:28:33 pm »

@MaximumZero: Well hey, at least you can play music on SOMETHING. I don't do music as much as i do hellish cacophonies of undead cats being stomped to paste while screaming hatred at various pear trees. >.>
I...uh...don't really play it either, I just make a lot of noise with it, too. >.>

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 16, 2013, 01:03:53 am »

@LordSlowpoke: Maybe? Maybe. Let me tell you about my maybe. On one hand, i'd like to taunt reward the players who against all odds would manage to defeat EPIC MAN MODE >:C, but on the other, i don't want the rest of the players missing out on such things. :C

allow me to offer you an inconsequential view of how the babbies who not dare to play EPIC MAN MODE >:C do not deserve to see the awesome, frustration-inducing bosses that EPIC MAN MODE >:C brings to bear

in fact give that mode permadeath checkpoints every few levels instead of every single one so if you die at 7 tough luck you're back to 5 dude

and make sure to include something like this for those on the easiest mode too

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #207 on: October 16, 2013, 07:15:44 am »

I'm reasonably sure that the bosses all count for brutal bonus bosses when cranked up to EPIC MAN MODE >:C levels. :U (although it would still be fun to at least have SOMETHING)

Also, if anyone can even get as far as beating the third boss on EPIC MAN MODE >:C, a feat that i struggle with on Nightmare, they'll have my utmost respect. And that's just the third boss; the final boss will be even worse. What i'm currently thinking is that it'll four phases in a row, with no checkpoints in between. The first three correspond to upgraded versions of the preceding bosses (probably with slightly less health), and the fourth will be a unique "kill you dead" phase of doom. I'm legitimately not sure if that's going to be at all possible to defeat on EPIC MAN MODE >:C, but hey, i have explicitly written that anything above Nightmare is at your own risk. ;o
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 16, 2013, 04:32:26 pm »

You should put in a stat screen on the shop screen and after each level.
The shop screen will have the total of everything we've done, (Shots fired, deaths, kills, etc.)
And the screen after each level has the stuff on the shop stat screen, just with what we did on that level alone. If that makes sense.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #209 on: October 16, 2013, 06:58:10 pm »

That's definitely possible now that we can dick around with INI files, but also super easy to cheat around with for the same reason. But if people want to be dishonest buggers, then that's their problem, not mine. :U

This feature, however, will probably have to wait till v1.0, since i feel like we've been piling on enough delays as it is. We're also going to need feedback on whether the new levels are too hard or not, and other general balance feedback thingies.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26