Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944216 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18150 on: January 17, 2014, 02:27:52 pm »

Mark the location of the anomaly on some kind of map. Label it as "Really Hot Thing--Global Warming?"
((It's a sphere of extreme heat.

More like Globular Warming.

<_<))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18151 on: January 17, 2014, 02:31:35 pm »

The waiting! It doesn't stop!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18152 on: January 17, 2014, 02:40:34 pm »

"Well shit. Think this is it's way of telling us "abandon all hope, he who enter here"? Because I don't like it. Wait. I have an idea. Maurice, leave your weapons with someone, and follow me. The rest of you, stay put."

Give someone my rifle and the flamethrower. Engage loudspeaker.

"I think I understand. You want us to go unarmed correct?"

((Clever. Although, I'm not sure why it's not just morphing a mouth and talking.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18153 on: January 17, 2014, 02:43:33 pm »

((I think the Overload is trying to tell you to disarm yourselves.))

Poke a pole close to the object. See where the border of the anomaly is. Mark it. Watch what happens to objects entering the border with cameyes.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:56:05 pm by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18154 on: January 17, 2014, 02:45:59 pm »

((That's why I'm dropping my visible weapons, and telling Maurice the same. Oh, and I'm taking Maurice because he's a doctor, and we will probbably need his docktorry skills.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18155 on: January 17, 2014, 02:55:03 pm »

Felix takes Morul's rifle and flamethrower for safekeeping, and then moves back up the tunnel a ways to wait.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18156 on: January 17, 2014, 03:32:46 pm »

Go grab a vacuum container while letting the thing stay where it is. Then put the thing* in the thing** using the thing***. Also, question.
(*artifact **vacuum container ***manipulator)

"Say, Steve, is there any particular weak spot in terms of our connection to the other remote defenses? A central hub, a communications line, something else we'd really need to defend if we wanna keep our turrets shooting?"

((Well, much more people for defense than I had anticipated. Oh well, we'll see once we have a bigger picture. Still, I might have to shift some people to assault or reserve if it's really necessary.))

((Hmm. Would Steve be willing to supply us with shields? I'm definitely on the 'squishier' side of the equation...))
((We might get a budget for 'loaning' stuff for one mission, so we might be able to supply some for you guys. ))
Anyways, for Radio's sake, posting my post in here: HQ Defense. An unfortunate necessity, since I would be great for combat (they can't even hit me point black, hooray for selective intangibility), but I need to remain in HQ to coordinate, both forces and manufacturing. Who says the machines have to shut down when there's a war on, after all? Might even be able to roll some stuff (Tanks, or IFVs, at the least. No battlesuits or whatnot, we want something that we can hop in and GO) for you guys right off the lines and straight into battle.))
((Kay then. I still don't think we'll be able to manufacture anything of note during the battle though. I mean, if we already have been building for several months, I don't see a few hours, or even days, making a huge difference. But hey, why not try right?))
((@RC: I think Assault and/or Boarding would work for Milno. Something that has to do with Joker's line of work would be nice, though I think opportunities for that would most likely appear during boarding.))
((Hmm, I think Reserve team will be the most, erm, 'jokery' since they'll be more autonomous, and mobile firepower is Milno's forte anyways. I'll put you down with assault now, but you can still chance if you want.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #18157 on: January 17, 2014, 04:02:28 pm »

((Kay then. I still don't think we'll be able to manufacture anything of note during the battle though. I mean, if we already have been building for several months, I don't see a few hours, or even days, making a huge difference. But hey, why not try right?))

((You'd be surprised. We've got a Volkswagen plant in my town, yeah? Civilian cars, true, but not only is this the future, but I'd be willing to bet that Hephaestus can outproduce a current civilian vehicle plant while making military vehicles, and the one near me puts out approximately 411 cars a day, with plans to expand that to about 1622 a day, with 85% of the parts manufactured locally for both phases. So sure, it might not be a massive difference, with all the time we have to manufacture, but it will still probably be a hell of a lot. If we have the resources, that is.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18158 on: January 17, 2014, 04:13:24 pm »

((I noticed you put me in defense rather than mobile when I said mobile/defense. Was there a reason for that?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18159 on: January 17, 2014, 04:20:57 pm »

((I noticed you put me in defense rather than mobile when I said mobile/defense. Was there a reason for that?))
((Not really, but then there weren't as many people for defense, and I thought most wouldn't want to do defense back then. Also, you think Lyra would really fit in with that team? No offense, but even with a jetpack, she doesn't have a ton of attack power. I could still change you, if you'd like. Just tell me so.))

((You'd be surprised. We've got a Volkswagen plant in my town, yeah? Civilian cars, true, but not only is this the future, but I'd be willing to bet that Hephaestus can outproduce a current civilian vehicle plant while making military vehicles, and the one near me puts out approximately 411 cars a day, with plans to expand that to about 1622 a day, with 85% of the parts manufactured locally for both phases. So sure, it might not be a massive difference, with all the time we have to manufacture, but it will still probably be a hell of a lot. If we have the resources, that is.))

((True. But Simus might be more of help directing the stuff we already have than building a few more of them, once the fighting rolls around.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18160 on: January 17, 2014, 04:42:21 pm »

((I think people have forgotten how powerful the starting equipment is because they're used to having Miya or Jim do all the fighting. Lyra needs a dynamic bonus to be reliable with her amp, but it's still a Microwave Mass Murder Amp. By being part of the reaction-team, I should be able to make sure I have a dynamic bonus ready for the opening round of combat. and if I use it right, the opening round will also be the ONLY round of combat. additionally, Lyra's extra senses would be useful against weird problems, so I'll be able to send her to them without leaving a hole in our defenses.

so yes, i'd like to switch to being part of the QRF since we have so many defenders))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18161 on: January 17, 2014, 06:11:36 pm »

Keep on riding Xantalos like an Amp Charging BOSS.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18162 on: January 17, 2014, 07:32:48 pm »

Step back and wait. Maybe juggle or something so PW doesn't get too bored.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18163 on: January 17, 2014, 07:56:56 pm »

The Eyeballs all roll themselves in a sarcastic manner and the membrane breaks open.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18164 on: January 17, 2014, 08:22:24 pm »

Most gracious of you.

Stay with rest of group that's not heading further in, dynamic charge amp, etc.

Quote from: To Doc
And what negative side effects could it have on me if I consumed it?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:56:10 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 ... 1256