Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944171 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18135 on: January 16, 2014, 05:22:37 pm »

"Hear, hear."

Felix keeps an eye on the membrane. If it or the surrounding walls become hostile, Felix douses it in fire.

He also considers how safe his flamethrower actually is - how much protection would the Mk suits actually give against a sustained burst?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18136 on: January 16, 2014, 06:24:25 pm »

((That would rather depend on what's inside. If it's namite, I may as well be naked. If its the usual jellied fuel, I should be fine.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18137 on: January 16, 2014, 07:56:44 pm »

Hmm..

I wonder..

Retrieve Datapad.  Open the pad to a blank text file.  Hold it loosly where the eyes can see it, and ask if the biohorror would like to use it for communication.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18138 on: January 16, 2014, 08:05:34 pm »

Stand around with the rest of the team, look at the arms and eyes closer. See if there is anything off about them, besides them being in a pile and a biohorror. Keep on charging that amp for that sweet sweet bonus
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18139 on: January 16, 2014, 09:13:48 pm »

Boring is good.

tentatively poke fleshy membrane
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18140 on: January 16, 2014, 10:02:27 pm »

((@RC Same as Kriellya, put me wherever you think a medic would be more useful. Though, if possible, I'd certainly like to see some boarding action.))
Examine the arms and eyes. Do they appear to be genuine and removed from human beings, or grown by the biohorror to tease us?
If genuine, do any of them bear marks or scars I remember? Can I identify their owners?

Nice.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18141 on: January 16, 2014, 10:25:25 pm »

((@RC: I think Assault and/or Boarding would work for Milno. Something that has to do with Joker's line of work would be nice, though I think opportunities for that would most likely appear during boarding.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18142 on: January 16, 2014, 11:16:09 pm »

Quote from: Dubley Steptimus -> anomaly team
Seeya. I'm going to build a Giant Robot!!! :D
Go help build the giant robot
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #18143 on: January 17, 2014, 07:58:30 am »

"Oookaaayy.... I still don't trust you."

A little bit closer. No touching. Absolutely no touching.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18144 on: January 17, 2014, 11:49:39 am »

((I'm pretty sure I already asked to do this, but eh. I'll try again.))

Throw rocks and such at the anomaly. (#3)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18145 on: January 17, 2014, 12:27:27 pm »

Ask Steve if he has any idea on how to contain or shut down this thing. Meanwhile, try to use manip to stop the vibrating and 'calm down' the thing.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18146 on: January 17, 2014, 02:14:35 pm »

Examine object with cameyes. Throw rocks near it.

Volunteer for assault or rapid response. And for boarding, if we're missing people.

It seems to be colder the the area around it, but rocks smoke and turn to ash when thrown near it. Hmm

"Lovely. I wonder what's behind door number one. Lyra, how's everything topside? The core we found was fake and we've gone deeper. Any rumblings up top? The rest of you cover me."

Search the pile. Is it just arms and eyes? Or are there other bits? From the bits, see if I can figure out how many bodies they belong to. If I see any brains in the pile, carefully examine them. If there aren't any brains in the pile, engage the loudspeaker.

"Right. I appreciate you taking us this far, but we need his brain, not his bits. Now, would you kindly lead us to the brains?"
Nope, just a pile of arms with eyes watching you from the walls. This is...rather cryptic?

Good. I thank our host for allowing us to proceed.

Proceed along with the rest of the team, idly contemplating consuming everything everywhere.
Don't say that part out loud or anything.

Quote from: To->The Doctor
You know what I am, and I suspect you know what this thing that resulted from the biomass altering amp overload is. Would consuming its biomass after it dies have any adverse effect on me?

((Yknow, if I hadn't had the idea to turn Xan into what he is now this whole mission would be a lot creepier.))
You follow along, licking your dragon lips.
Maybe.

Quote from: Lyra to Morul
Boring
Keep on waiting
WAITING!

"Hear, hear."

Felix keeps an eye on the membrane. If it or the surrounding walls become hostile, Felix douses it in fire.

He also considers how safe his flamethrower actually is - how much protection would the Mk suits actually give against a sustained burst?

MK suits are good with heat and cold. You're pretty good as long as you don't have any tears in the suit.

Hmm..

I wonder..

Retrieve Datapad.  Open the pad to a blank text file.  Hold it loosly where the eyes can see it, and ask if the biohorror would like to use it for communication.
You politely ask the biohorror if it would like to be less obtuse.

Stand around with the rest of the team, look at the arms and eyes closer. See if there is anything off about them, besides them being in a pile and a biohorror. Keep on charging that amp for that sweet sweet bonus
I think you're at like +5 at this point, so your next thing is basically guaranteed to work, within reason.

Boring is good.

tentatively poke fleshy membrane
The membrane is tight as a drum skin and seems somewhat fragile.

((@RC Same as Kriellya, put me wherever you think a medic would be more useful. Though, if possible, I'd certainly like to see some boarding action.))
Examine the arms and eyes. Do they appear to be genuine and removed from human beings, or grown by the biohorror to tease us?
If genuine, do any of them bear marks or scars I remember? Can I identify their owners?

Nice.
The eyes look like the biohorror grew them; they're in the walls, staring at you.

"Oookaaayy.... I still don't trust you."

A little bit closer. No touching. Absolutely no touching.

Nothing. Still nothing. No touching.

((I'm pretty sure I already asked to do this, but eh. I'll try again.))

Throw rocks and such at the anomaly. (#3)
It makes the rocks hot. Surprising

Ask Steve if he has any idea on how to contain or shut down this thing. Meanwhile, try to use manip to stop the vibrating and 'calm down' the thing.

>You could dump it in a vacuum chamber, that might work.

You can't seem to "calm" the thing down.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18147 on: January 17, 2014, 02:17:07 pm »

Mark the location of the anomaly on some kind of map. Label it as "Really Hot Thing--Global Warming?"

Find another anomaly. Say...#1?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18148 on: January 17, 2014, 02:23:25 pm »

Charge amp more while the team decides what to do.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #18149 on: January 17, 2014, 02:27:50 pm »

Step back. Mark "my" anomalies on the map. Examine the ground surrounding the spike.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 ... 1256