Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944566 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18120 on: January 16, 2014, 02:03:41 am »

((Steve would volunteer for defense.  Especially if there's any AUX systems he can use.  Otherwise he's useful as a medic, but he doesn't really have any combat abilities so assault/boarding is a bad idea.  It's up to Radio though.))
((I love how you guys keep complaining you cant do shit when auron ran around shooting sods in the face with lightning bolts at a +1 bonus despite a -2 conventional weapons penalty.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18121 on: January 16, 2014, 02:19:32 am »

((I love how you guys keep complaining you cant do shit when auron ran around shooting sods in the face with lightning bolts at a +1 bonus despite a -2 conventional weapons penalty.))
((Hehe, notice that although Lyra is cautious, I've never complained about being helpless. I just refuse to take risks that someone else is already taking and that gives no benefits for having multiple people taking them. I honestly think I'm being more usefull than our paranoid flamethrowers simply because I'm keeping an eye on our exit route, and making sure that it stays open.

Boring job, but if the biohorror decides to use its tentacle-growing powers to close the exit behind you at least you'll get some warning. And i'm (hopefully) far enough away that I can't get caught by it very easilly.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18122 on: January 16, 2014, 03:56:41 am »

((Stacy'll probably volunteer for defense. Sounds like a fun(ny) job. Will the defense team get a token budget of some kind? For free weapons and whatnot, you know.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18123 on: January 16, 2014, 08:36:06 am »

Ask Steve if he has any idea on how to contain or shut down this thing. Meanwhile, try to use manip to stop the vibrating and 'calm down' the thing.

((For boarders, it's mostly going to be close quarters combat, with stretches of ground with no cover, so I'd recommend taking some sort of shield with you. Also, maybe research metal foam canisters or grenades for sealing off side passages behind us, to prevent easy flanking, depending on the density and composition. Or, if metal isn't possible, some sort of expanding substance strong enough to withstand anything short of actual breaching gear.))
((Yeah, a shield might help for the more squishy among us. About the metal foam grenades (did you get that from ss13?): I'm not sure if that's technically feasible, but maybe we could use that sand? Not sure how strong that is or how much you get for a canister, but it'd be nice to see that thing used for once (while not eviscerating teammates, if possible).
((Lyra ==> Time constraints permitting, Mobile Reserve / Defense and I'm willing to join the boarding actions, but If the mission runs long I won't be able to participate so don't count on me for the endgame.))
((Very well. Be warned though, once it starts and if Lyra gets in a fight, it might not be possible to just let her go braindead without risk of death. Just saying, if you go on boarding action but drop out two turns in, I don't think she'll be safe just standing around in a firefight.))
((Although I'm definitely a threat.))
((Barking dogs...))
We could make little strips and patches of "desert" around key areas that need to be defended against soldiers. A sand trap is a common enough obstacle - it reduces mobility of soldiers and vehicles alike, so it wouldn't be altogether conspicuous. Until it was actually used, that is.))
((I dunno, what's the effective range on manipulating the sand like that?))
((That's only because you had the money to use a weapon mount, turning it into an aux roll. He just started playing, so he doesn't have the funds to do the same.))
Anyways, if I had to choose a flaw, I'd say it's too vague. I never said it was a flaw you could do anything about, did I?))
((I could be more specific once:
-All players stated their preference
-I knew exactly what we have to work with (10 sods, 100 sods or several battle-ready regiments kinda makes a difference.))
-After that, I'd have to run several simulations to have a plan ready for all the possible attack plans they could use. Haven't got the time for that, so we'll just see once we get there. If I can get everybody divided into squads and those squads into fireteams, I'll be very happy.))
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 08:37:43 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18124 on: January 16, 2014, 11:07:17 am »

((Well, the idea started because since we'd be deep in enemy territory, they know the ship better than us, and we would want do our best to stop any flanking attacks, and do it on the fly. So, bringing barricades up with us are out, grabbing stuff there is out, so I was thinking about what we could do to block corridors, and the metal foam grenades from SS13 came to mind. All it'd need to be was some sort of foaming substance that hardens when exposed to air. I realize hardened foam isn't going to stop a concentrated effort, but it would buy us some time.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18125 on: January 16, 2014, 01:14:13 pm »

((I think that probably the most valuable asset we can have on the boarding team would be vision. Since the enemy crew will know the ship, we need to know where they`ll be coming from, so some sort of vision system or camera system would be great.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18126 on: January 16, 2014, 01:59:34 pm »

((Change Charles to defense please.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18127 on: January 16, 2014, 02:13:29 pm »

((Hmm. Would Steve be willing to supply us with shields? I'm definitely on the 'squishier' side of the equation...))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #18128 on: January 16, 2014, 03:22:59 pm »

((Hmm. Would Steve be willing to supply us with shields? I'm definitely on the 'squishier' side of the equation...))

((Perhaps he'll give a somewhat generous mission budget (and shields, as I recall, are fairly cheap), but I doubt you're getting free shields.

Anyways, for Radio's sake, posting my post in here: HQ Defense. An unfortunate necessity, since I would be great for combat (they can't even hit me point black, hooray for selective intangibility), but I need to remain in HQ to coordinate, both forces and manufacturing. Who says the machines have to shut down when there's a war on, after all? Might even be able to roll some stuff (Tanks, or IFVs, at the least. No battlesuits or whatnot, we want something that we can hop in and GO) for you guys right off the lines and straight into battle.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18129 on: January 16, 2014, 04:08:59 pm »

Toss a rock at it. If nothing happens, approach very carefully, stopping if any effect becomes apparent. Do not get into poking range. Do not poke the evil glowing spike.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

Rock causes no effects.

You get closer. Nothing.

Huh.

Mark this anomaly on the map. Help recover any anomalies that can be recovered.
Marked. I dunno if there's anyone around here with an anomaly they're ready try and recover yet. They're all in the initial "Throw rocks at it" phase.

Biohorror Team

After Morul's yell the brain and heart immediately atrophy and are absorbed into the walls. A new tunnel appears behind them, stretching off into the distance and downward. After a while of following it, they come to a membrane like wall spread across the fleshy tunnel. In front of the wall is a pile of human arms and a spattering of eyeballs.  It's clear that the tunnel continues past the membrane.

"Welp"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18130 on: January 16, 2014, 04:15:56 pm »

Examine object with cameyes. Throw rocks near it.

Volunteer for assault or rapid response. And for boarding, if we're missing people.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18131 on: January 16, 2014, 04:22:03 pm »

"Lovely. I wonder what's behind door number one. Lyra, how's everything topside? The core we found was fake and we've gone deeper. Any rumblings up top? The rest of you cover me."

Search the pile. Is it just arms and eyes? Or are there other bits? From the bits, see if I can figure out how many bodies they belong to. If I see any brains in the pile, carefully examine them. If there aren't any brains in the pile, engage the loudspeaker.

"Right. I appreciate you taking us this far, but we need his brain, not his bits. Now, would you kindly lead us to the brains?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18132 on: January 16, 2014, 04:23:58 pm »

Good. I thank our host for allowing us to proceed.

Proceed along with the rest of the team, idly contemplating consuming everything everywhere.
Don't say that part out loud or anything.

Quote from: To->The Doctor
You know what I am, and I suspect you know what this thing that resulted from the biomass altering amp overload is. Would consuming its biomass after it dies have any adverse effect on me?

((Yknow, if I hadn't had the idea to turn Xan into what he is now this whole mission would be a lot creepier.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18133 on: January 16, 2014, 04:27:04 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to Morul
Boring
Keep on waiting
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18134 on: January 16, 2014, 04:31:43 pm »

"Good. I'll take a boring mission over one I'm getting shot at any day."
Pages: 1 ... 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 ... 1256