Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943853 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16125 on: September 21, 2013, 07:51:55 am »

i get where you are coming from and I am perfectly happy for you to assist Auron, hell im even grateful for the fact you wanted to. but the fact of the matter is that by directly preventing me from performing my actions without any forewarning or conditions you crossed what i consider a very serious line.
((Did Morul cross that line? Auron was there, even if suffering from uselessness, when he shot down the shuttle to prevent it from leaving. Without asking, without permission, without so much as making the action publicly known, and causing damage in the process that ultimately led to the loss of the shuttle? Did Morul cross that line then?

Because I can remind you what happened then. Everyone reacted in-character, hurling insults and death threats at Morul, not at Kisame. Because what was done, was done for a reason. And in character.

You, on the other hand, see fit to be pissed at the person, not the character, for a much lesser slight that didn't so much as cost you anything. If you are upset, be upset in character. Issues between players will only hurt the game itself.

So, yeah. Let's keep civil. You are at least on the assault team, so you'll get to go out and shoot somebody. We people on the defense team can do nothing but watch out for nothing in particular and slowly self-destruct. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16126 on: September 21, 2013, 08:03:24 am »

((Yeah, kinda what Sean said, with this added. I don't want you two fighting, I consider both of you at least friendly if not friends))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16127 on: September 21, 2013, 08:27:10 am »

((@sean: Kisame tried warning them about a real and present danger but they didn't listen despite having a very good reason to do so and plenty of alternate actions to explore. His only options were to fire upon the shuttle or let them permadie so id say they kinda forced him into that one even if he could have handled it better.

Zako on the other hand just decided to put a stop to my action without so much as a "you know you could get shot right" and seeing as i the only options i had were "loot" or "wait" he basically took control of my character in a situation where the least favorable outcome is a bullet denting my suit if a sod decided thievery was worse than assault.))

((@wolfchild: i don't even want to be fighting about this or start a grudge between us, i just want him to understand why im pissed so it wont accidentally happen again.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16128 on: September 21, 2013, 09:42:46 am »

((Dude, so what won't happen again? Resolving issues ICly without just telling someone what to do OOC? ???
I don't see anything wrong with what Zako did. It was perfectly in character. You didn't even respond with annoyance IC, you just went and called out the player over it. I fail to see any need for all this unpleasantness over such a small thing- just about an entire page taken up with this silliness.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16129 on: September 21, 2013, 10:08:35 am »

its not like i can do anything until the civvies move out, i might as well do something productive while i wait.

((I dont see why you guys are all yelling at me, most of us cant do anything until the civvies are gone and they only have one door to go through. Its gonna take at least until the end of this turn or the start of the next for them all to disperse... i might as well get something done while we wait.))

((if i didnt respond then what is this? its directly below his action post...
prior to modifying my original action to try and appease Zako's concerns about me looting during the possible commencement of hostilities that post also contained an action to ignore him completely which was removed because i expected him to meet me halfway with the compromise i posted which he never replied to:
"Once the civilians finish their evacuation or if the sods get reinforcements return to formation and provide covering fire for the rest of the team."

so yeah.. tried IC and OOC to get him to desist, no response, got controlled, called him on it.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16130 on: September 21, 2013, 10:29:15 am »

((I think the problem is that Zako just went "Nope" and completely shut down Pariah's action without trying for a compromise or conditional or even a discussion.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16131 on: September 21, 2013, 10:31:20 am »

((I think the problem is that Zako just went "Nope" and completely shut down Pariah's action without trying for a compromise or conditional or even a discussion.))
((Bingo))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16132 on: September 21, 2013, 10:32:52 am »

((Hence, the message for next time is that you should talk things out if you have issues with someone else's action. Is this acceptable to everyone involved?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16133 on: September 21, 2013, 11:07:12 am »

((Huh... I didn't actually notice that he said anything about that in OOC. I guess it kinda slipped my notice, given that I've recently did a major uni presentation and I am currently letting off steam. Okay, I apologise once again. I won't directly mess with your character like that again without some kind of conditional or compromise. Can we now put this mess behind us and stop filling up the thread please?

((Yeah, kinda what Sean said, with this added. I don't want you two fighting, I consider both of you at least friendly if not friends))

Awww, you're pretty cool in my books too dude. Thanks! :D))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16134 on: September 21, 2013, 11:17:06 am »

((I won't directly mess with your character like that again without some kind of conditional or compromise. Can we now put this mess behind us and stop filling up the thread please?))
((Thank you and absolutely.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16135 on: September 21, 2013, 12:01:50 pm »

((Experiment sucessful. See? Now we got some good data. And I didn't kill any civilians!

I imagined I would keep moving with the end of the civilians. Should had clarified that. EDIT: Also, I could had touched two sods. I did say "touch THEM".))

"Those bastards are idiots but they know how to fight. We've got injured. Support team, get a medic here."

Get my suit back to normal (close hatch, remove batons, etc) while using my hands to protect myself.

When suit is back to normal kill final sod (if he isn't dead already) with melee attacks.

Remember I can use my monorazor if the situation calls for it (sod gets too close to the human inside the suit, etc).

Peek at what lies beyond the doors with multiple vision modes. Use provided stimuli to identify number and position of enemies and civilians.

[aux:3]
[Dex:2+1]
[Jim dex:6]
[jim exo:4+2-1]
The last remaining sod tries to get up into your suit but Jim Neatly pops the vat grown soldier's head off before he can invade your personal space.

[aux:5]
After the sod is dead you finally manage to get the hatch closed. You look around, scanning with the various vision modes. Inside the building you can see lots of heat signatures, Most of which are running away from the door. However, there are some that are standing still. They're hard to make out amongst the blurry sea of red and yellow heat blobs, but they're definitely there. Hard to say how many, but you would guess it's at least 10.

(Do it!  Also oh god I thought they were nanobots this whole time.  That's creepy.)

"Almost clear..."
Try aiming/prepping a shot from the pyramid for a dynamic bonus.  Aim above everyone's heads, for the far wall.
You aim up, above everyone's heads, toward the upper levels of the building. You make sure not to think about shooting. At least not just yet.

((Flint's action actually illustrated this well.  You present them with an unexpected question and they're at a complete loss.  Then he fried one, and they're all "Oh, violence.  We know what to do with violence." and proceeded to immobilize him and pop his suit open in seconds and nearly gun him down right there.  Battle they know backwards and forwards.))

Lars surged forward.  "It begins, brothers!  Fight for Glorious Steve!"

See if a shot is available on the last sod.  If no, advance and keep an eye out for more sods coming.

You advance up and join Flint. You don't have his fancy pants robot eyes, so you press your visor up against the tinted windows of the base and look around inside. Lots of black, blurry shapes running around in there, plus a few big ones that you can only sometimes see through the crowds. Hmm. They're probably sods. But they're not coming yet.

Jim switches focus to any remaining Sods and tries the wine bottle trick again with his Manipulation Amp. Assuming no one guns them down first. Either way, he continues clinging to Miyamoto for the moment.
You yawn. Humans, aliens or sods, they all respond pretty much the same way when you forcibly remove large parts of their body.

((What part of ignore bishop... zako i dont mean to sound hostile but frankly youve pissed me off. A lot.
if you decide to to shut down my turn for no good reason again im shooting bishop and continuing as planned.
Next time ask me to stop before taking it upon yourself to police my gameplay.))

@gwg: nah not yet, just passed the lung and bakuda in prison interlude then tried to sleep on account of it being nearly 3 AM.))

Appropriate a hover trolley and guide it over to what remains of ...Lyra?... inform them that they are to use it to return her to the infirmary and they can play with it as much as they like whilst im away provided they recognize my ownership of the hover majiggeries holding it up and do not do anything to damage them.

run back to formation and follow the group heading to the control room, if i get a clear shot any sods take it.
Grab half of the fallen sod weaponry by the door and make a mental note to shoot bishop if he decides to think for me again.

You grab a hover Trolley and push it over to lyra's...what could be generously called a corpse and more accurately called mulch...telling everyone around her to use it to get the body to the infirmary. A bit overkill, considering they could carry her to the infirmary like a pile of cut logs, but hey, no one's complaining about making corpse recovery easier.

You run up and join Flint and Lars at the doors to the base. You immediately run over to one of the sods and start looking for weapons. It's there you find one of the sod's annoying features: lifelocked equipment.

When you roll the sod over, you find a smoldering mess under him. His rifle appears to have melted from the inside, as have his grenades, extra magazines, pistol and wrist mounted computer. The only thing that didn't combust was his baton, now wedged in Gilgamesh's leg.
((I was trying to keep you alive dude. I don't see why you are so angry about Bishop stopping Auron from doing something so minor as pushing crates around... But fine, get shot, see if I care. And good luck trying to shoot Bishop. Even if you can get through the shield, he'll take the shot far better than anyone that's not a robot or Mesk can, and will promptly maim you in return or just get Steve to shock you for him.))

"Ugh. Idiots everywhere!"

Keep moving forward with my rifle trained on the door and Flint. Keep to cover and if I start getting close to the door or the sods, switch to the gauss rifle.
You join up with flint and the increasing mass of people by the door. Auron is cursing and kicking at piles of slag near a corpse of one of the Sods.

Ok you two, calm down. It's my fault as well for letting bishop drag auron away. In the future, if you're doing something you really really want to do and not be interrupted by others during, just say so as part of your bolded action. They may still interfere using force, but I won't let them casually drag you away. Alright?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16136 on: September 21, 2013, 12:20:25 pm »

"Stupid vat grown soldiers. So, I see about... ten Sods in there, maybe more. Do we go in and hope they haven't been ordered to shoot armed people or do we wait for the civilians to clear and then kill em? Or maybe our manipulator users can kill them without harming civilians?"

Get the batons out of my legs and give them to whoever wants them.
Check the layout of the room beyond and ask Steve which way to the ARES elevator and the Main Control Room elevator.
Follow any orders given by Jim or Miyamoto.

EDIT: Oh, and see if I can identify sods by looking for their weapons in x-ray. Also consider viability of using a smoke grenade to conceal our movement through the room.

EDIT: "Or I can pop a smoke grenade to conceal our movements. That's an option too."

((And a very big thanks to Jim the lifesaver!))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:36:22 pm by Parisbre56 »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16137 on: September 21, 2013, 01:06:55 pm »

((I officially name the technique that Jim has just been using as "Popping the cork". It fits quite well I think.))

"Might as well wait for the civvies to clear out first. Just in case of someone being trigger-happy or having bad aim. Also, I advise that Miyamoto goes in first, in case of traps."

Wait for Miyamoto in his Avatar to go in first then follow in afterwards. In the mean time, hang back behind a sturdy crate or two that's a bit of distance from the door, in case of explosives.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16138 on: September 21, 2013, 01:13:43 pm »

"Remember that Steve has urged us to hasten forward.  Could we fire warning shots to speed up the civilians leaving?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16139 on: September 21, 2013, 01:44:41 pm »

"Might as well wait for the civvies to clear out first. Just in case of someone being trigger-happy or having bad aim."
((Both of those are definitely the case. There could also be issues from the sods.))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 1256