Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1073 1074 [1075] 1076 1077 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944502 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16110 on: September 20, 2013, 11:43:28 pm »

((I was trying to keep you alive dude. I don't see why you are so angry about Bishop stopping Auron from doing something so minor as pushing crates around... But fine, get shot, see if I care. And good luck trying to shoot Bishop. Even if you can get through the shield, he'll take the shot far better than anyone that's not a robot or Mesk can, and will promptly maim you in return or just get Steve to shock you for him.))

"Ugh. Idiots everywhere!"

Keep moving forward with my rifle trained on the door and Flint. Keep to cover and if I start getting close to the door or the sods, switch to the gauss rifle.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16111 on: September 20, 2013, 11:49:36 pm »

((You start shooting teammates, people will take offense, and you will take fire.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16112 on: September 20, 2013, 11:51:59 pm »

((So does that mean you can shoot the players through the internt if you get a gun that shoots offense at people?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16113 on: September 21, 2013, 12:10:25 am »

((I was trying to keep you alive dude. I don't see why you are so angry about Bishop stopping Auron from doing something so minor as pushing crates around... But fine, get shot, see if I care. And good luck trying to shoot Bishop. Even if you can get through the shield, he'll take the shot far better than anyone that's not a robot or Mesk can, and will promptly maim you in return or just get Steve to shock you for him.))

Keep moving forward with my rifle trained on the door and Flint. Keep to cover and if I start getting close to the door or the sods, switch to the gauss rifle.

((the easiest way of keeping me alive would be to let me loot the crates right next to the damn ship at the complete other side of the gangway behind the cover of a bunch of shipping containers, a crowd of civilians, a synthflesh titan, a giant lightning spitting robot and a large group of heavily armed prisoners and space mages instead of dragging me back towards the very people you were apparently trying to protect me from.

the reason im so angry at you is that not only did you waste my time by shutting my character down due to your misconceptions of the scenario at hand, its that you decided you had the right to shut me down without any discussion on the topic whatsoever and basically flashed me a giant "go fuck yourself" sign in the process.

now do you see why im angry?
next time just ask me to stop and tell me why instead of just dropping an action that fucks me over.
contrary to the tone conveyed by the internet im not an asshole, if your points are valid i will listen.))

((You start shooting teammates, people will take offense, and you will take fire.))
((pot calling the kettle black there don't you think.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16114 on: September 21, 2013, 12:55:13 am »

((See? I have first hand experience!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16115 on: September 21, 2013, 12:59:24 am »

((the easiest way of keeping me alive would be to let me loot the crates right next to the damn ship at the complete other side of the gangway behind the cover of a bunch of shipping containers, a crowd of civilians, a synthflesh titan, a giant lightning spitting robot and a large group of heavily armed prisoners and space mages instead of dragging me back towards the very people you were apparently trying to protect me from.

the reason im so angry at you is that not only did you waste my time by shutting my character down due to your misconceptions of the scenario at hand, its that you decided you had the right to shut me down without any discussion on the topic whatsoever and basically flashed me a giant "go fuck yourself" sign in the process.

next time just ask me to stop and tell me why instead of just dropping an action that fucks me over.
contrary to the tone conveyed by the internet im not an asshole, if your points are valid i will listen.))

((In character, Bishop has the right of superiority and greater experience, to enforce Auron's behavior. And from a tactical point of view, Anton would side with Bishop, given the chance.

Look at it this way - Auron is not only looting crates intended for the Sword in the first place (and as such those things would be taken away from him once the mission ends), but he's also hauling away the only cover the defense team can use. It's criminally ill-timed, terminally stupid magpie behavior. The mission hasn't even properly started yet!))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16116 on: September 21, 2013, 01:10:06 am »

((In character, Bishop has the right of superiority and greater experience, to enforce Auron's behavior. And from a tactical point of view, Anton would side with Bishop, given the chance.

Look at it this way - Auron is not only looting crates intended for the Sword in the first place (and as such those things would be taken away from him once the mission ends), but he's also hauling away the only cover the defense team can use. It's criminally ill-timed, terminally stupid magpie behavior. The mission hasn't even properly started yet!))
((why is everyone going on about crates? im looting hover trolleys which when hidden behind leave your legs exposed... if anyone is dumb enough to hide behind a hover trolley when there are shipping containers, a battle suit and an avatar of war available they deserve to get shot for their case of terminal ostrich logic, just because you cant see them over the crates on it doesn't mean they cant see you through the gap under it.

and its not the in character interaction that im mad about, its the fact he didn't even afford me the courtesy of allowing me to change my action, he shut me down completely without even the courtesy of asking me to cease and desist first.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16117 on: September 21, 2013, 01:37:32 am »

((why is everyone going on about crates? im looting hover trolleys which when hidden behind leave your legs exposed... if anyone is dumb enough to hide behind a hover trolley when there are shipping containers, a battle suit and an avatar of war available they deserve to get shot for their case of terminal ostrich logic, just because you cant see them over the crates on it doesn't mean they cant see you through the gap under it.

and its not the in character interaction that im mad about, its the fact he didn't even afford me the courtesy of allowing me to change my action, he shut me down completely without even the courtesy of asking me to cease and desist first.))
((If every RP interaction could be resolved with retroactive editing of actions, these games would become quite a dull affair. As-is, you have an IC reason to dislike Bishop now.

Also, deranged ostrich logic is one thing. But remind me again, are there any conveyor belts on the gangway? Heavy mover vehicles? No? Why would there be containers sitting on the floor then?

All of the containers on the bridge are on those hover-trolleys. The ones we use for cover are just set down on the floor. So Auron was looting away our cover.

If you want to have the trolleys, offload the crates onto the gangway, so we still have them there.

(and really, how many hover-trolleys do you think you'll need?))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16118 on: September 21, 2013, 02:10:55 am »

((Bishop at least responded to things ICly, rather than contributing to the ever-growing walls of OOC chatter. ::) Gives bonus points in my book.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16119 on: September 21, 2013, 02:29:23 am »

((Bishop at least responded to things ICly, rather than contributing to the ever-growing walls of OOC chatter. ::) Gives bonus points in my book.))
((you know you're absolutely right, the OOC has dragged on long enough and if you guys still don't understand why im pissed by now you never will thus further argument is pointless.

irony is that if he had bothered to ask me to stop OOC or even IC before posting the part of his action relevant to Auron this would have all been sorted in between 2-5 posts.))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 02:35:31 am by Unholy_Pariah »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16120 on: September 21, 2013, 02:37:04 am »

((you know you're absolutely right the OOC has dragged on long enough and if you guys still don't understand why im pissed by now you never will thus further argument is pointless.))
((We understand why you're upset, we're just pointing out you should have expressed that IC rather than OOC. What happens IC, stays IC. Even Morul shooting down the shuttle was mostly resolved with IC chatter and actions.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16121 on: September 21, 2013, 02:44:28 am »

((you know you're absolutely right the OOC has dragged on long enough and if you guys still don't understand why im pissed by now you never will thus further argument is pointless.))
((We understand why you're upset, we're just pointing out you should have expressed that IC rather than OOC. What happens IC, stays IC. Even Morul shooting down the shuttle was mostly resolved with IC chatter and actions.))
((you obviously don't because i couldn't care less IC, im pissed out of character for him thinking it was okay to post an action shutting me down without asking me to stop first in either an IC or OOC manner.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16122 on: September 21, 2013, 03:12:53 am »

((Let us all be chill and go kill some goddam Sods already.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16123 on: September 21, 2013, 06:21:41 am »

((Uhhh... I think you may be blowing this a bit out of proportion... It's not worth getting so angry over something so small as stopping someone looting some hover trolleys in the middle of an assault against highly dangerous enemy troops. I thought it was quite reasonable, both IC and OOC, seeing how you can easily get the same hover tech from the AM after the mission or even get something better probably, not to mention that you need to be alive to even use it later. Steve may not even let you keep the stuff for all we know, but whatever...

Look at it this way: I was trying, in character, to keep you alive when we are in the middle of assaulting an enemy position that is defended by both highly skilled and well armed troops. For all we know, they could have released a swarm of drones when the controllers for the sods realised what was happening and they might have swarmed all over us in a hail of laser fire when our turn came up again. And it's not like I completely shut you down, Piecewise even let you do your action first before I got to do anything! I was trying to think ahead just in case the worst happens, but since you clearly don't want me messing with Auron in the future, then I shall stop assisting you now and let you do your own thing from now on. Sorry.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16124 on: September 21, 2013, 07:03:34 am »

((you are right that i am most likely blowing this way out of proportion but half the reason im doing so is the frustration caused by the fact you don't seem to understand why.

my problem isn't with why you stopped me but with how you stopped me.

i get where you are coming from and I am perfectly happy for you to assist Auron, hell im even grateful for the fact you wanted to. but the fact of the matter is that by directly preventing me from performing my actions without any forewarning or conditions you crossed what i consider a very serious line.

if you had just used something like "Drag Auron away from his looting if combat starts" or voiced your concerns before including that particular factor into your action i could have accepted it and looked for something more immediately productive to do.

Help = Happy, Direct control = Pissed.))

Pages: 1 ... 1073 1074 [1075] 1076 1077 ... 1256