Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944524 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16095 on: September 20, 2013, 02:30:02 pm »

((Genetically modified microbes that aliens used as construction units. They manifest as a grey mist that can self replicate and generate fractal structures. They also operate at frequencies that can amplify human emotions to the point of causing civil wars if tensions are high enough. They can cause a 'grey goo' scenario. Due to their manifestation as a grey entity that consumed paraphernalia, the HMRC, in it's boundless historical and scientific knowledge, misidentified them initially as sharks.))
((...How do you do that?))
((Well in all fairness, it was also vulnerable to intense heat and was somewhat territorial. Like sharks.))
((Who the hell coined the term sharkmist, anyway? I can't really remember how we came to calling it that.))

I believe it was lars, or someone with him. Maybe Mesk?

((There's a difference between being smart and being well trained. Sods are well trained but if faced with something new they'll be unable to cope.))

Basically. Sods are very much like AI in a way: When they get in their element, they're fantastic. They've got all sorts of knowledge and training and inherent skill when it comes to fighting. But they're also extremely limited in many ways. Like computers, they'll often ignore what we consider obvious and if taken out of their element or faced with new, unfamiliar tasks, they're basically useless. They're idiot savant soldiers. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 02:34:28 pm by piecewise »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16096 on: September 20, 2013, 02:35:21 pm »

((So they're like most video-game guards?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16097 on: September 20, 2013, 02:36:40 pm »

((So they're like most video-game guards?))
((They're better than most videogame guards. They won't dismiss an arrow to the face as "maybe it was just wind" after a few minutes of searching.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16098 on: September 20, 2013, 02:39:14 pm »

((Should we test that after this mission?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16099 on: September 20, 2013, 02:44:48 pm »

((Flint's action actually illustrated this well.  You present them with an unexpected question and they're at a complete loss.  Then he fried one, and they're all "Oh, violence.  We know what to do with violence." and proceeded to immobilize him and pop his suit open in seconds and nearly gun him down right there.  Battle they know backwards and forwards.))

Lars surged forward.  "It begins, brothers!  Fight for Glorious Steve!"

See if a shot is available on the last sod.  If no, advance and keep an eye out for more sods coming.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16100 on: September 20, 2013, 02:49:08 pm »

Jim switches focus to any remaining Sods and tries the wine bottle trick again with his Manipulation Amp. Assuming no one guns them down first. Either way, he continues clinging to Miyamoto for the moment.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16101 on: September 20, 2013, 04:57:45 pm »

(It wasn't me who coined the term.  Might've been Lars.)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16102 on: September 20, 2013, 06:09:31 pm »

((What part of ignore bishop... zako i dont mean to sound hostile but frankly youve pissed me off. A lot.
if you decide to to shut down my turn for no good reason again im shooting bishop and continuing as planned.
Next time ask me to stop before taking it upon yourself to police my gameplay.))

@gwg: nah not yet, just passed the lung and bakuda in prison interlude then tried to sleep on account of it being nearly 3 AM.))

Appropriate a hover trolley and guide it over to what remains of ...Lyra?... inform them that they are to use it to return her to the infirmary and they can play with it as much as they like whilst im away provided they recognize my ownership of the hover majiggeries holding it up and do not do anything to damage them.

run back to formation and follow the group heading to the control room, if i get a clear shot any sods take it.
Grab half of the fallen sod weaponry by the door and make a mental note to shoot bishop if he decides to think for me again.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 04:31:27 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16103 on: September 20, 2013, 07:36:55 pm »

((I'd leave a few guns. Some of the defense members are literally unarmed. And some just don't have a weapon))

"Oh, violence.  We know what to do with violence."

((I like this.))
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:41:30 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16104 on: September 20, 2013, 07:49:19 pm »

((While Pancaek is the first to bring up sharks, Flint is the first to use the term "shark mist."  Lars is the first to remove the space, but I don't think that really counts for anything.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #16105 on: September 20, 2013, 09:02:17 pm »

((Wait which thread is the defense team in? Are we active yet?))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16106 on: September 20, 2013, 09:03:02 pm »

((This is the assault team thread.   See my other reply.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16107 on: September 20, 2013, 09:26:00 pm »

((Flint's action actually illustrated this well.  You present them with an unexpected question and they're at a complete loss.  Then he fried one, and they're all "Oh, violence.  We know what to do with violence." and proceeded to immobilize him and pop his suit open in seconds and nearly gun him down right there.  Battle they know backwards and forwards.))
((Yes, but can they connect "Joe got shot in the face!" with "I should keep on the lookout for more people shooting us in our faces!"?))

@gwg: nah not yet, just passed the lung and bakuda in prison interlude then tried to sleep on account of it being nearly 3 AM.))
((I'll avoid the comparison for the moment, then...mind letting me know when you get to a couple members of the New Wave going on a trip?))
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16108 on: September 20, 2013, 09:57:37 pm »

((Sure, i just passed the conclusion of purity cracking the shits... it was most impressive.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16109 on: September 20, 2013, 10:03:45 pm »

((Ah, yes, Purity. One of the few fictional white supremacists I feel a bit sorry for.))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 1256