Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940570 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Nanomachines in your every orifice.
« Reply #12405 on: February 23, 2013, 09:46:38 am »

"Hey little spoon, how's it going. And how is the old man holding up, I haven't seen him in a while"

"All is well, as far as I can tell. And that guy went to the command ship, so I have no idea what happened to him. Hopefully something that doesn't involve horrid explosions that will engulf this entire area."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12406 on: February 23, 2013, 10:39:59 am »

"All is well, as far as I can tell. And that guy went to the command ship, so I have no idea what happened to him. Hopefully something that doesn't involve horrid explosions that will engulf this entire area."

"Haha, yeah, wouldn't that be embarrassing."

private channel to Flint:"Hey, old man, please tell me you aren't getting us blown up. What the hell are you doing anyway?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12407 on: February 23, 2013, 11:10:30 am »

Flint gave a vague answer for fear that command might be listening. "I'm helping a lost... friend of ours."

((I'm trying to beat a trained killer in a crazyness contest.))
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 11:13:42 am by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12408 on: February 23, 2013, 11:43:41 am »

Pancaek looked puzzled for a moment underneath his helmet, something was going on. still on private channel: "Well well, I didn't know the old man had friends. Do you need someone to bring candy?"

((also, I can't really think straight due to being sick, who is the trained killer you're referring to?))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12409 on: February 23, 2013, 12:07:31 pm »

Search for something in the ship for Gilgamesh to hold on to, then get out of the suit so that the battlesuit's arms are still holding onto the ship. Then, if the suit looks well secured enough, get inside that cockpit and begin startup sequence.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12410 on: February 23, 2013, 04:30:02 pm »

"I, uh, might be able to.  I've logged my share of hours into spaceflight simulators almost exactly like this.  Uh, no one have any objections?"
Get in the cockpit and figure out the controls for that sweet, sweet dynamic bonus.  If nobody objects, of course.
You squeeze into the cockpit and wedge yourself into what could charitably be called the pilot's "Seat". You start looking over the controls you can see, getting aquainted with what you think everything does without turning the manual  pilot systems on.

"I've got a vague Idea here, but until I turn it on there's a lot of things that I'm just guessing at."

"I'd give it a shot, but I'm short of an arm right now. Anyway, let's get all the dead people and almost dead people into stasis. You too Milno, you're looking like shit right now."

Load all the dead people into stasis and help Milno in when he cuts out his rockets.
You stick faith into a pod...well her body and then her head. You try to help milno in but he pushes you away. Or more correctly, he sort of jets into you since his arms aren't working any more.

"You too Milno, you're looking like shit right now."

"You always look like shit anyway, so I guess that's fine." Milno comments offhandedly "And I'm not getting into stasis until I'm sure shit isn't going to get worse."

Get into the shuttle.

You hover into the shuttle but don't get stasis'd yet.

(Just a heads up, you'll need to get out of the suit to get stasis'd. And you're gonna need some help for both of those things since that suit is the only thing keeping you  standing.)

Get into the shuttle

"Anything I can help with?"
You're gonna have to attach yourself to the bottom as it lifts off. You're a bit too much of a giant robot to get in there.

"Well, I could technically pilot the thing, but I'm afraid I'd be flying by the seat of my pants there, if you know what I mean. And the seat of my pants can be notoriously misleading, as far as I know."

Inspect shuttle for anything suspicious such as sharkmist.

Well, the shuttle looks pretty good so far. No mist, no smashed bits, no crazed alien killers. Normal stuff.

Damn, that guy had gone crazy. I wonder how can others go crazy more easily than us? Maybe they give us some kind of shots in the HMRC? Or maybe it's because we're already infected with a different kind of madness. Anyway, I can't call for help, that may aggravate him. I can only hope that the others will hear what I'm saying and come and help me... Who am I kidding, I'm on my own.

Start slowly walking towards the man, remaining just out of reach of his monoatomic razor. Be ready to defend myself with shield and chisel. Non-lethally if possible. As I approach, say the following to distract and/or calm him and hopefully warn my teammates:

"I heard my past haunting me. I heard the screams of the dead, coming back to torment me. I heard the devil, whispering into my ear, driving me crazy. I heard the death of all life in the universe. I heard and heard the grinding, horrible white noise, drilling into my skull until I went deaf and I could hear no more. So if that's what they heard, if that's what you hear, then yes, I heard it too. But we don't need to hear this anymore. All we have to do is leave and we'll be free. Why don't you come with me and my comrades?" said Flint, slowly extending his hand, smiling through his open faceplate. "We'll help you. All will be fine again."

"No. No it won't."

The man drives the blade of the razor into his head and falls.

"you're spacing out" "hmm?" "spacing out, you are. They already flipped the shuttle" "Oh, right. It's just, so, beautiful, you know?" "It's a grey alien wasteland wasteland" "alright, beautiful might not be the right word, entrancing then" "just get moving, you freak"

Get inside the hrmc shuttle, inspect surroundings.

"Hey little spoon, how's it going. And how is the old man holding up, I haven't seen him in a while"

Surroundings include three dead men, lots of blood, a few teammates, a few stasis pods, small supply of food and provisions and a long range communications array.

Search for something in the ship for Gilgamesh to hold on to, then get out of the suit so that the battlesuit's arms are still holding onto the ship. Then, if the suit looks well secured enough, get inside that cockpit and begin startup sequence.
You can do that, but for that you're gonna need to literally pick the ship up and lift it over your head in the suit, otherwise  it's gonna be flying asymmetrically weighted. And thats gonna be bad.

Also mesk is in the pilot section right now.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12411 on: February 23, 2013, 04:54:42 pm »

"Everybody hurry up and get stasis'd.  I can fly us home once you're all buckled up."
Main screen turn on!  And the rest of the flight systems.  Then get even more acquainted with the controls until everybody's seatbelt is on.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12412 on: February 23, 2013, 05:00:32 pm »

((Maybe I should had just shot him in his razor arm. But then I would loose my lack-of-human-kills streak. Oh well, maybe they can at least fix his buddies back on ship.))

"NO!" exclaimed Flint as he run towards the dead man. DAMN IT! Why did he have to do that? I was so close. Maybe if I had been quicker, or asked the right things... He still didn't like anybody from the UWM but he didn't believe they deserved death. At least not like this.

Loot the dead guy's monorazor. Check to see if the ship has power. If it hasn't try to reactivate it. If there is power (or I manage to restore it) get the dead UWM people in stasis after anyone who wants to mess with them does so (yes, even the guy who took a razor to the knee head). If it seems like this ship could more easily carry our robotic overlords, tell them.

"The UWM ship is... clear of hostiles. Command just... committed suicide. Permanent suicide. Anybody wants to help me get this thing working again? It's computer might be still working since it's military grade."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 06:14:32 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12413 on: February 23, 2013, 05:13:18 pm »

"This shuttle looks surprisingly clear and all. Not bad!"

Inspect three dead men. Who are they? What do they do? What is their likely parentage?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12414 on: February 23, 2013, 06:09:38 pm »

"Well then, this is nice and cozy"
inspect the corpses for cause of death. Loot their weapons/valuables

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12415 on: February 23, 2013, 07:21:54 pm »

Jim gets Milno into stasis. If his fellow Bastard protests, Jim lays him out with a right hook. There's no time for arguing.

(Sorry, Cael, but seriously. The longer we fuck around the more likely it is we all die. This goes for all of you, as well. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12416 on: February 23, 2013, 07:45:21 pm »

Jim gets Milno into stasis. If his fellow Bastard protests, Jim lays him out with a right hook. There's no time for arguing.

(Sorry, Cael, but seriously. The longer we fuck around the more likely it is we all die. This goes for all of you, as well. :P)
((You're Hulk and he has the dodge module (I think that's what the EMM is?) on. What could possibly go wrong? ))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12417 on: February 23, 2013, 07:48:06 pm »

(I can hold him still with either my left hand or the Manipulation Amp if I have to; I wouldn't need him to be in one place for more than a few seconds. :P And I seriously doubt Caellath is going to refuse being stasis'd at this point since we're right at the end of the mission; Milno's too sick/injured to take any real actions, and all we have to do is GTFO and we're clear. If he does refuse, though... well, better to have a back-up plan in place so we can get going.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12418 on: February 23, 2013, 10:14:26 pm »

"Oh my. Well. He made his choice."
Jobasio grimaced and stepped carefully through the assorted dead people and pools of blood, making his way to check the cockpit.
"Have you any idea how to fix this thing, or use it? The largest kind of ship I've piloted would be of the industrial crate-moving variety, I'm afraid."

>Check the UWM ship's cockpit. Does it still look functional?

>If so, try and figure out if I'd have a hope in hell of flying the thing with my +1 aux.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12419 on: February 23, 2013, 10:16:19 pm »

Brother Lars readies himself for a trip.

"Blessed are those who get when the getting is good.  Let us sojourn back to the light of Steve!"

Assist with Plan GTFO.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 1256